Sign in to follow this  
lawman

The great golf put down

lawman    264

I don't think I've ever seen a more articulate put down of a group of stupid plonkers in my life time.

Its golf, but its good:-

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/golf/ryder-cup-2016-danny-willetts-brother-blasts-us-golf-fans-as-mob-of-imbeciles-20160928-grqyvs.html

Edited by lawman

goughy    2,147

When it used to be on tv more, and in particular when Woods was taking off, after every bloody shot you'd hear people yelling 'get in the hole'. Even after a tee shot on a par 5. Happy Gilmore want far off the mark at times!

Kamal2    231

When it used to be on tv more, and in particular when Woods was taking off, after every bloody shot you'd hear people yelling 'get in the hole'. Even after a tee shot on a par 5. Happy Gilmore want far off the mark at times!

Yeah you expect a fan to have a bit more understanding of the game. And about the etiquette. "Get in the hole" is about as dumb as it comes about some of these shots, where it's hard enough to get the ball on the green let alone in the hole.

Of course the Ryder Cup would have about died out by now had they hot included the Rest of the World v USA. After the qualification points the Captain gets 2 additional picks and he usually picks his friends. Backfired a few times too. 2002 Curtis Stange picked Lanny Wadkins I think. Lanny was already semi retired in the commentary box and it backfired when the USA lost 15.5-12.5. Wadkins failed to get a point.

Big loss though Goughy. Woods attracted the galleries and the TV coverage even when not in contention. Before that Ballesteros (RIP) Greg Norman and way back Lee Trevino. Palmer, Nickolas and Player, earlier. The Big Three.

No one like that around now so I guess they have to beat up the interest a bit.

• Like 1

goughy    2,147

Woods just needs to get lots and lots of sex. It worked before!

Ryder cup (Europeans vs USA) is just doing fine, and always has. It's the Presidents cup (Rest of the world vs USA) that seems to struggle. It's a bit much to have one of these sorts of events every year. The Ryder cup every two years would be just fine on its own.

Kamal2    231

Woods just needs to get lots and lots of sex. It worked before!

Ryder cup (Europeans vs USA) is just doing fine, and always has. It's the Presidents cup (Rest of the world vs USA) that seems to struggle. It's a bit much to have one of these sorts of events every year. The Ryder cup every two years would be just fine on its own.

It was USA v England before the Euros came in.

As for the President's Cup I never paid much attention.

Dunno if Tiger's back could take the load. :shock:

• Like 1

goughy    2,147

I didn't look at the link ex, but I'm guessing it's vj?

Ex-Hasbeen    3,874

No, it's 2 golfers doing a demo in front of a large crowd. They both hit off from one side of the lake, skim a couple times & land on the green within a few metres of the hole. Pretty impressive to do it on queue.