Peter

Sonny Garcia must be spewin

45 minutes ago, nealo said:

Sonny's latest post has gone bit political and he doesn't like it  :lol:

It's hilarious that he generally talked about rape in that post, mentioned the president mocking the victim, then seems surprised people think that's the case he is talking about. And gettng so frustrated with folks making it political! He's a fruitloop. 

7 hours ago, goughy said:

Actually, it's more likely that he will end up on the supreme court!

And I don't know what world you live in, but I seem to be in a different one where trial by social media is the standard!

Then you need to move worlds!

• Like 1

On 05/10/2018 at 8:45 AM, more said:

And here I was thinking people have the right of innocence until proven guilty. In that example you have a person come out 36 years after the fact with absolutely zero evidence and yet the guy has been found guilty and sent to the gallows. Crazy these days how an accusation is all you now need to destroy someone.

Like most cases of alleged sexual misconduct it is the word of the complainant that forms the evidence. That’s more than ‘zero’ evidence. 

Far from being found guilty and sent to the gallows he’s likely to be confirmed as a SC Justice in the next few hours.

Beside all that, my point was not about the guilt or innocence of Kavanaugh, rather that given the cultural attitude of a society whose president openly mocks a sexual assault complainant, it is not surprising that local law enforcement are still phoning it in when it comes to investigating sexual assault allegations.

when I wrote the post you commented on just a few days ago I thought that we had progressed a fair bit in Australia in the last’s decade, but only yesterday I had a terrible example of investigative slackness on the part of our local constabulary come across my desk at work. The fact that there was immediate complaint against an abusive spouse (after she was allegedly held captive for a week) and still extant physical injuries, including anal fissures, was not enough for the cops to even open the book: the complainant was a migrant and in Australia on a spousal visa, so of course she wasn’t to be be believed: case closed before it was even opened.

Edited by Andrew #1
  • Sad 3

11 hours ago, Andrew #1 said:

when I wrote the post you commented on just a few days ago I thought that we had progressed a fair bit in Australia in the last’s decade, but only yesterday I had a terrible example of investigative slackness on the part of our local constabulary come across my desk at work. The fact that there was immediate complaint against an abusive spouse (after she was allegedly held captive for a week) and still extant physical injuries, including anal fissures, was not enough for the cops to even open the book: the complainant was a migrant and in Australia on a spousal visa, so of course she wasn’t to be be believed: case closed before it was even opened.

What case is this?

2 hours ago, zed said:

What case is this?

I’ve commented as far as I’m comfortable with disclosing at the moment.

Found unconscious at home apparently.

Screenshot_20190430-213826.png

news feed is reporting an OD as a result of depression and other health issues (diabetes).  Family asking for privacy. Never a good sign, but love him or hate him, let's hope for the best, for his family's sake.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, zed said:

Hope he pulls through

Agree. Sad for anyone to think the only way out is to kill themselves. 

39 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

#RIP😓

He died? Can't find anything about it anywhere?

I still can't anything which confirms he's died. It was reported on his Wikipedia page but has since been removed. Swellnet reported it but it's been removed as well. Not one Hawaiian news source is reporting anything.

Looks wrong.

19 minutes ago, trinube said:

I still can't anything which confirms he's died. It was reported on his Wikipedia page but has since been removed. Swellnet reported it but it's been removed as well. Not one Hawaiian news source is reporting anything.

Looks wrong.

Tried the same thing. No media outlets carrying a story about it.

could be a "rope a dope " move to trick Macca into going to Hawaii ironman this year!

The story could have gotten out from the hospital where Garcia is /was being cared for. The family could have been approached regarding organ donations and that's when the rumour mill goes into overdrive.

Fingers crossed it's not true. I noticed it on a few posts on his sons Instagram account. I then checked Wiki but as trinube posted it has now been deleted.