Peter

Sonny Garcia must be spewin

Macca not going to Kona.

This is from his latest MaccaX email: "That means I'll be missing Kona for the first time in years."

Macca not going to Kona.

This is from his latest MaccaX email: "That means I'll be missing Kona for the first time in years."

What is the "that" he talks about?

The fact Sonny has a hit out on him...? The fact the cops will lock him up if he goes?

That he is. Tools can be right though.

Yup, I'd say he's probably right on Maccagate.

sorry Macca but this makes you look guilty AF

Agree.

Launches a new tri related product.

Perfect time to flog it at kona

Others releasing their new stuff.

Past multi champion

A year after this scandal? http://www.slowtwitch.com/News/An_Instagram_charge_on_Macca_5467.html

Hmmm

Agree. The perception of guilt looks bad.

I'm amazed nothing else has come up since then.

his family is still together, no media interest, nothing at all that i have seen. That is very odd.

Where there's smoke...

See, that's exactly what people think when someone is accused and I'll admit it was my first reaction. But honestly with allegations like those it's extremely hard to judge from outside without knowing the details. I do know it's very easy to accuse someone whom has done nothing wrong which essentially tars them for life so I try not to play the role of a juror.

If he did something like that then fk him but there are legal systems to establish that guilt rather than surfers on social media.

Imo he would have nothing to gain by going to Kona but to dredge up negative publicity regardless of what did/didn't happen.

It's also a shame there was no resolution to condemn/clear him as I always looked up to him in a sporting sense and am conflicted now.

The American legal system is perfect. As no charges were laid, nothing happened.

No one's saying that but we're hardly in a position to find guilt or innocence. Do you know something we don't or does social media constitute findings of criminal guilt for you?

No one's saying that but we're hardly in a position to find guilt or innocence.

Agree, however if the person in question has a future lined up making money off the back of his legacy and reputation, you would think he would be moving heavan and earth to prove his innocence. I don't follow Macca (either before or after the supposed incident), but I'm not really seeing this action at all

So for me, I can't say he's guilty, but at the same time he ain't being trusted around any female friends either

• Like 1

See, that's exactly what people think when someone is accused and I'll admit it was my first reaction. But honestly with allegations like those it's extremely hard to judge from outside without knowing the details. I do know it's very easy to accuse someone whom has done nothing wrong which essentially tars them for life so I try not to play the role of a juror.

If he did something like that then fk him but there are legal systems to establish that guilt rather than surfers on social media.

Imo he would have nothing to gain by going to Kona but to dredge up negative publicity regardless of what did/didn't happen.

It's also a shame there was no resolution to condemn/clear him as I always looked up to him in a sporting sense and am conflicted now.

Yeah I probably agree with this. Although Macca's silence is a bit incriminating you have to give him the benefit of the doubt. Too many occasions when one side of a story gets published in the media and we take that as gospel, then we find out its a complete fabrication or highly embellished.

Yeah I probably agree with this. Although Macca's silence is a bit incriminating you have to give him the benefit of the doubt. Too many occasions when one side of a story gets published in the media and we take that as gospel, then we find out its a complete fabrication or highly embellished.

Yep Macca has always come out on the front foot with everything in the past.

He loves the trash talk and putting people back in their place and calling a spade a spade and even calling a spade a rabbit sometimes.

In this, he has said NOTHING.

It's the silence that suggests something did happen.

If nothing happened Macca would have come out and slammed Sonny Garcia.

But he didn't

It's a little different to sledging in sport.

Macca may be taking the high ground, by ignoring Garcia he is killing the argument and sparing the girl as much as he can.

Dude technically hasn't done anything wrong.

For all we know macca hooked up with garcias missus, she denied anything consensual to sonny and now he be mad. Macca can't argue cause either way he cheated on his wife.

by the way I just made that up but if we say it enough it might be believed.

For all we know macca hooked up with garcias missus, she denied anything consensual to sonny and now he be mad. Macca can't argue cause either way he cheated on his wife.

I heard he was dressed up as a little schoolgirl and forced this poor lady to spank his bottom with a leather belt.

Yep Macca has always come out on the front foot with everything in the past.

He loves the trash talk and putting people back in their place and calling a spade a spade and even calling a spade a rabbit sometimes.

In this, he has said NOTHING.

It's the silence that suggests something did happen.

If nothing happened Macca would have come out and slammed Sonny Garcia.

But he didn't

Given that these are very very serious criminal allegations - and it's not like he can actually 'prove his innocence' ('he was at the party, she was at the party, who knows what actually happened when they were alone' is just about as good as it gets for him) no doubt upon very sound legal advice he's exercising his right to silence. The right to silence is not a mere legal device, but a right we all enjoy and an important one. Were I his lawyer my advice would be 'say nothing'

• Like 2

Given that these are very very serious criminal allegations - and it's not like he can actually 'prove his innocence' ('he was at the party, she was at the party, who knows what actually happened when they were alone' is just about as good as it gets for him) no doubt upon very sound legal advice he's exercising his right to silence. The right to silence is not a mere legal device, but a right we all enjoy and an important one. Were I his lawyer my advice would be 'say nothing'

.... and that will be $2000 please :lol:

• Like 2

Â

Hazam El Masri anyone?
  • Like 3

and I don't even like El Masri. But that was crap.

and I don't even like El Masri. .

It's ok as long as you have it with tomato sauce

Cheers

Ivp

Hate tomato sauce!

I never had a grandfather so don't really have a particular term of endearment for them. My kids have an Opa and a Grandpa.

If I were Macca, I'd go to Kona. I'd hire a bodyguard and I'd get an MMA coach for the months leading up to it and learn a few things and train hard and be ready. The best way to muddy Sunny's water is to hire Kala Alexander for security, if he can, but to get him on side I think he'll need to convince him he did nothing wrong. With someone like Kala, whom the locals respect, it would send a clear signal, without saying anything, that there is another side to the story. Right now Sunny would have the support of the local Hawaiian community, dismantling that support will make him pause and consider his next steps.

Edited by Slowman

This is a strategy to isolate and neutralise Sunny, not convince him - that's a lost cause.

Edited by Slowman

So the rumour I heard this morning is that Macca has commitments in Kona and has to be there,,,,,,, and Sonny knows.

To be honest I don't know what Macca would be worried about.

A bit of a punch up?

I assume if the cops were interested they would have already contacted him?

It all seems weird to me.

To be honest I don't know what Macca would be worried about.

A bit of a punch up?

I assume if the cops were interested they would have already contacted him?

It all seems weird to me.

A bit of a punch up...? haha, that's like saying Hiroshima was a bit of a bang....

• Like 1