Cottoneyes

Biggest Loser Spring 2016 Edition

Goal is 70

Started at 87 3 months ago.

That's an insane amount. Are you 4 foot tall?

73 would be ok. But 70 would be best.

173cm

Definitely won't be achieved in the time frame attached to this challenge. More like 6-8 months.

Edited by fitfastfat977

I tried to 31's again and I can get into them. But I can't tolertate that snug fit. Depends also on the brand, the better brands tend to have a better fit.

Still on 79.5. It will take a big push but maybe after my MTB race Sunday might shift 1-2 kg.

I have a breakthrough to 78.6 with some light clothing on.

Racing on Sunday I should easily hold that.

• Like 1

Another hot day, 35 out here, and working outdoors from 5:30, so I thought I'd see what I'd go. I probably drank 5 litres through the day, but at 4pm was down 1kg to 81.4. These last 5 beers & 4 scotches won't have helped that though.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

Cricket this arvo...... downed 12 beers by 5.30....... guess it was good we won early. I didn't think I could do the old nrl Friday night volume still, but I can. For the kids reading this at home, step up.

Love playing a summer team sport again, not sure something as dangerous as cricket at my age is a good thing but loving it

Edited by Oompa Loompa

81.9kg this morning. First official weigh-in under 82, and stoked to be there after a huge afternoon/evening on the junkfood at my son's birthday.

And the 1/2kg drop this week is after only 3 hours of swimming, no running & no riding. :)

81.9kg this morning. First official weigh-in under 82, and stoked to be there after a huge afternoon/evening on the junkfood at my son's birthday.Â

Â

And the 1/2kg drop this week is after only 3 hours of swimming, no running & no riding. :)

So what's your secret EHB ?

FM

So what's your secret EHB ?

FM

Gave up bread & cereal.

I think I'm eating as much (or maybe even more) than previously, just less carbs. Breakfast tomorrow will be 3 rashers of bacon a couple eggs, mushies tomato & avo. Previously it would have been low fat muesli.

I've given up, trying to bulk up now, pretty sure it will be easier to lose weight if I gain it first! Of course I'm j/k but I am focusing this whole month on gym and swim then 5 months to train up for Cairns IM.

• Like 1

Great problem this morning.

I'm doing my bosses job, and will be meeting his boss today, so I thought I'd put the good clobber on. Pants were fine, as they are only a couple weeks old, but when I went to put my belt on at the pool after squad, I need a new hole, about 2 inches from the last. I didn't realise I'd lost that much around the waist.

• Like 3

Great problem this morning.

I'm doing my bosses job, and will be meeting his boss today, so I thought I'd put the good clobber on. Pants were fine, as they are only a couple weeks old, but when I went to put my belt on at the pool after squad, I need a new hole, about 2 inches from the last. I didn't realise I'd lost that much around the waist.

Great problem to have. Better than going the other way.

78.6 This morning. Still fat hips and gut so new goal of 76kg.

Long term target 78kg

13 week target = 82kg

13 week target done & dusted. 81.5kg, so that's 2 weeks in a row under 82kg. :)

What's better, I'm enjoying the new diet (diet as in what I eat, not how I limit my eating), and the weight has been coming off slowly & regularly, which I suppose is the best way. I've already started a few Xmas celebrations (including "Death by meat" at Navala Restaurant, a Brazilian BBQ joint that just kept bringing out absolutely delicious sections of meat) and the weight's still dropping, so I'm hoping to be under 80kg by the end of January.

• Like 2

Thanks EHB,

I was steadily losing for a good 3/4 months about 0.5kg a week, which was the plan and it was all working well. The last month has gone to crap with very long work days and, as a result, I am not walking of a night like I was. Additionally, whilst I am watching the diet, at times I have found it difficult to make good choices when I am grabbing something quickly on the road or whatever. Just means I need to be more organised and bring something with me instead of working it out on the fly.

I am booked in tomorrow to get laser eye surgery. I am quietly shitting myself so that should be good for a loss this week :sly:

Started 78. Have stayed above 78 since, ranging up to 80. 78.5 about 11 days ago on my last weigh in.

We had a 4 day trip, me and Gina. No exercise only walking and fairly good eating.

Almost no chance to get back to 78 before 1 Jan, Monday will know more.

Edited by Kamal2

Mixed results this morning.

81.1kg. I was really hoping to be under 81. :( It's still a loss. :)

And, I put my clothes on a hanger to take to the pool so I can shower & head straight to work. I forgot to hang a belt on it when I went this morning. The pants are only 1 month old and fitted well when I bought them but I had to hang around until BigW opened so I could buy a belt before heading down to the office, as the pants kept wanting to fall off. :):)

• Like 1

77.7kg - back to where I was a week or so ago. I'd really like to break the 77 barrier but with Xmas coming up...

Caution - Thread highjack.

Just to add some spice to my Tour de Cure ride, if you aren't interested in sponsoring me for the ride then maybe you would sponsor me for weight loss.

All those that know me understand that I always struggle with weight loss. This is mainly through not having any willpower - or won't power. It is also to do with losing part of my lymphatic system from the big C a few years ago. My body cannot get rid of all the fluids.

So here's another challenge for me (and you). You can sponsor me to lose weight. X$s per kilo. I have weighed in this morning and will give the results to a trusted Trannie (if there is such a thing). They will hold until the final weigh in date - which will be Wed 1 March. So if you want me to REALLY suffer, make me lose weight.

Send me a PM with how much you want to pay per loss of each Kilo. I will then give you my starting weight.

The details are on the pinned "Tour de cure" thread.

Cheers

Mick

PS: Just remember I have to get through Christmas and New Years, so you better make it worth it per K lost. :shocking:

Edited by Flanman

Pretty much started at 77.0, still at 77.0. Ran a fair bit, ate a fair bit, rode a little bit. Feel pretty good, didn't achieve any weight loss but. Shrug.

No reliable scale available. Best judgement I am 80 kg, started 78 kg. I'm not hopeful but there is a MTB race on 24th. Getting to 79 kg would be ok.

Weighed in yesterday but didn't get time to post after a week off work and in catch up mode - 114.0. Small loss

I fell off the wagon over the last few weeks. 80,4

Back into it.

76kg is the goal.

I've stayed off the scales since the feasting began in earnest on Xmas eve. I'd guess I'm probably up 3kg, but will commence weighing in again next Monday. :)

I've stayed off the scales since the feasting began in earnest on Xmas eve. I'd guess I'm probably up 3kg, but will commence weighing in again next Monday. :)

Are we still on? Monday.

I was a shade over 80 kg in bike clothes. Up 2kg and learned once again, exercise, even extreme exercise is not enough. But how you control that is another issue. Whatever you do, only works when you take it seriously, which I did not.

Not too sure if people realise - but it's SUMMER.

Â

FM

Dont be ridiculous. Its was only 40 here

I've come to the conclusion that weight is a fairly dynamic thing and I have a fairly standard pattern for the week.

Typically Monday I am somewhere around 77.5kg and that will be the lowest point of the week (after a weekend of doing stuff). Then the weight ebbs and flows through the week and by Friday I'm somewhere between 78 and 79. After weekend sport I'll be down to high 76 or low 77 and then I eat and drink like there's no tomorrow and I'm back to 77ish on Monday morning. Wash, rinse, repeat...

For the sake of the exercise, I was 78.3kg this morning.

Edited by trinube

Well, it may be cheating, but I just jumped on the scales. I've had 2 x bidons of water & a can of Pepsi Max in the past hour, and I'm still only 79.2kg. I'm assuming the 1.5l of fluid I drank is only half what the body has sweated out so far this morning.

I've no doubt I'll be back up over 80kg tomorrow, but I'll take these little wins as they come. :)

I'm in. 87.2kg this morning. Extremely depressed about that given i used to be at 79-80kg before my achillies injury 3 months ago.

Well today I finally made my goal weight.

I weighed in at 77.9kg post swim squad.

Wrapped. Now I can start back on coffee.

Great work Pete. Weight loss, training, great swim times. You must be in for a pb at Challenge.

FM