roxii

Pay it forward... again

roxii    4,000

HI guys I have a "kids bike" which is actually a really really small Trek WSD road bike. 26 inch

It was gifted to me by Jabbs so I thought Id pass it on. Would suit a kid about 8/9/10 years old. Ill try and get some photos but its buried pretty deep under stuff in the garage at the moment.

Its in good mechanical order but needs some bar tape and a good clean. Has a few scratches etc, but that means kids dont need to be too precious about it.

Would probably need to be pick up at Kurnell

trickle    21

HI guys I have a "kids bike" which is actually a really really small Trek WSD road bike. 26 inch

It was gifted to me by Jabbs so I thought Id pass it on. Would suit a kid about 8/9/10 years old. Ill try and get some photos but its buried pretty deep under stuff in the garage at the moment.

Its in good mechanical order but needs some bar tape and a good clean. Has a few scratches etc, but that means kids dont need to be too precious about it.

Would probably need to be pick up at Kurnell

Roxii , is that little bike a roadie in that it has drop bars on board?

My shorty 9yr old daughter is wanting to get a little more serious with Tri and is currently "racing" on her 24inch MTB. Would you consider shipping to Bris (at my cost of course plus extra to cover your time) ?

roxii    4,000

Yes mate roadie with drops etc.

Give it a few days and if no local interest then yeah sure Ill organise to get it to you.

Will try and get some photos and sizes tonight if I can ,

• Like 1

trickle    21

Not a worry mate, appreciate it.

I'm onto a more local bike here for her but I know it will be big for her, not a fan of getting kids on a bike they can "grow into"

roxii    4,000

0d62ed0c2e84a4b4b3938c2fb14da1d8.jpg

As it sits there it's about 520mm from centre of bottom bracket to top of seat but could probably go down a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trinube    1,048

I remember Jabbs' young bloke rode out to Kurnell world champs one year on that thing with his dad.

joelb3108    22

Roxii if this is available, I could be keen. Though I'm conscious of trickle wanting it and don't want to cut his grass, so to speak.

I've got four boys aged almost 8 down to 1 and the eldest two are getting into tris and cycling. Something like this would get years of use as they could all give it a go and decide if they like it or not.

Let me know

pieman    377

Books- mainly drug related

It's Not About the Bike - Lance Armstrong

I'm here to win- Chris McCormack

Wheelmen - Reed Albergotti and Vanessa O'Connell

The Secret Race- Tyler Hamilton

Rough Ride- Paul Kimmage

Ultramarathon Man- Dean Karnazes

Born to Run- Christopher McDougall

Racing through the Dark- David Millar

Full Circle- John Maclean

Out of the Shadows- Wally Lewis

Edited by pieman
  • Like 1

goughy    1,999

Garmin footpod. Bought it a bit over a year ago.

Bought it because my Garmin estimates horribly when running on a treadmill, plus the new Garmin's have a very slow reacting instant pace so can buy helpful when doing short intervals.

Since I can no longer run and couldn't give two hoots if I get a proper measure of any walks on our treadmill, I just keep staring at it on my shoes thinking it needs a new home.

First in gets it! (no box, manuals or anything)

Garmin footpod. Bought it a bit over a year ago.

Bought it because my Garmin estimates horribly when running on a treadmill, plus the new Garmin's have a very slow reacting instant pace so can buy helpful when doing short intervals.

Since I can no longer run and couldn't give two hoots if I get a proper measure of any walks on our treadmill, I just keep staring at it on my shoes thinking it needs a new home.

First in gets it! (no box, manuals or anything)

Does it work with a 910? If so i'd be interested.

goughy    1,999

I assume so. Actually, I think I tested it with my old 310xt at one stage and it worked fine so should be cool.

monkie    142

I have a Blueseventy Sprint Suit in M looking for a new home. Will send with postage within Aus or can get it to the UK in May...

Making its merry way down to Melbourne shortly.

Edited by monkie

Ex-Hasbeen    3,801

How big is an M? I assume 80kg is a tad (read that as heaps) too heavy? If not I'd love one to extend my swimming into winter.

I could even pass it on next summer for someone to race in. :)

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

monkie    142

How big is an M? I assume 80kg is a tad (read that as heaps) too heavy? If not I'd love one to extend my swimming into winter.

I could even pass it on next summer for someone to race in. :)

I'm 70.5kg and it fits me... so I would say probably not (sorry, don't want to be rude!) but wetsuits don't work necessarily like that... I think you would need to know your size? I'm not an expert though!

monkie    142

You are welcome to it if you promise to send it on if it doesn't fit though... PM me if keen.

Ex-Hasbeen    3,801

If you don't get any other takers, and I can prove to myself I'm still losing weight I'll get on to you in a couple weeks. If anybody else rocks up for it, let them have it.

• Like 1

Suburban Kid    94

I have a Blueseventy Sprint Suit in M looking for a new home. Will send with postage within Aus or can get it to the UK in May...

Do you have a pic? Is it a wetsuit, a speedsuit, or a tri suit?

Will PM

Edited by Suburban Kid

trinube    1,048

I have a few books here which won't get used again:

The Triathletes Training Bible - Friel

Daniels' Running Formula

Going Long - Friel & Byrn

Bike for Life - Riding to 100

Food and Fitness - Chris Carmichael (forward by Lance!)

They're pretty heavy so probably better if someone wants to pick them up otherwise it will be lowest cost postage :) If nobody wants them I might dump them in Parky's waiting room.

AVAGO    352

Hi to all Trannies, I'll start with a gem for classic memorabilia....

2 x Transitions Classic Stubbie Holders. Still in their original packaging ( plastic bag )

12 or so DVDs of Spinerval indoor cycle training featuring the ever polarising Coach Troy

1 x book " Cadel Evans, the Art of Cycling " unopened even ( it was a double up by Santa )

1 x "The triathletes training bible". by Friel, 2nd edition

1x "Foods that harm, foods that heal". Dr Rosemary Stanton

1x "The natural fat-loss pharmacy " Dr Harry Pruess

1x " War & Peace ". Leo Tolstoy 1444 pages, in Russian

As always, you can either pick it up from, my home on the Narrabeen or one of my two offices, Hunter st City or Balmain, or failing that, I'll just sent it via Aust Post.

Edited by AVAGO

Tyno    1,329

1x " War & Peace ".

You had the Cranky Kona thread translated to Russian and published?

• Like 2