fitfastfat977

Hours

Serious question, what is your Instagram username? PM me if you want?

@g_trains_tri

Free pair of old socks to my 500th follower #autumn

Edited by The Customer
  • Like 1

Washed or unwashed, cause if they're washed I don't want them

For the record, I post photos of myself and my training group on insta without the need to show off my ample cleavage and buxom arse.

Cheers

:lol:

• Like 1

I've taken the opportunity to lock this thread and give it a bit of a clean up. Might give it a few more hours before unlocking to allow some heads to cool down.

• Like 3

Back on topic...

After all the talk about hours spent training, I checked my training log and found that last week I did just under 8 hours of training and it was my biggest week of training in the past couple of months (apart from the week of the 70.3 World Champs, which was really just training anyway). The 8 hours also included my 7km commutes to work and some shallow water running which I was doing to help with some injuries.

A really wet winter here, together with my work and family commitments definitely impacted on how many K's I was doing. Hopefully with some better weather and the longer days I'll be able to step it up a bit and get a few more hours in. I'm really enjoying my training at the moment, so why not!

Edited by Go Easy
  • Like 1

I just checked my training log (that's a kind way of putting it) and found I did 7 hours last week. 5 in the pool, 1 in the gym and 1 jog/walking. I'm actually quite happy with that. From next week I'm getting back on the bike twice a week to commute half the way to/from work, so may be looking at up to 10 hours in a few weeks. I think I'll leave it there for a while.

Im (hopefully) coming out the backside of a dose of Ross River Virus (ironically possibly picked up in WA at IM 6inch time), and am trying to put in 6-8 hours a week of exercise. Although at the moment they are max 1 hr blocks, a lot in the gym on strength work, as i dont have the energy capacity of even more than a 30min easy run.

Ive been trying all year to keep moving with 4-6 hrs a week, but its been tough.

Hoping to crank into some intensity soon, as i have committed myself to a season of shorter tris, and nothing over 2 hrs

Edited by The Turtle
  • Like 1

I just checked my training log (that's a kind way of putting it) and found I did 7 hours last week...

Im (hopefully) coming out the backside of a dose of Ross River Virus (ironically possibly picked up in WA at IM 6inch time), and am trying to put in 6-8 hours a week of exercise...

I'll race you guys to get up to 10 hours per week! This week was a write off for me as all my focus was just on trying to remain employed. Plus I've picked up this PJ flue :sleepy:.

Take it easy with the recovery Turtle, just listen to your body and it will tell you when you're good to go.

As a general rule I have found 10 hrs is better than 5 hours, 15 hours is better than 10 hours. But once you get over 15 hours a week, duration (as a metric) starts to become irrelevant.

Really good point and my thoughts exactly. Most people don't do enough training to consider any of it 'junk miles', they are just miles that possibly could have been done better.

• Like 1

Hours question.

Do you regularly do 10-13 hrs a week of training?

Out of interest, how many hours are you doing at the moment mate? And do you find that you are getting some consistency, or are you like me that it varies from week to week?

Out of interest, how many hours are you doing at the moment mate? And do you find that you are getting some consistency, or are you like me that it varies from week to week?

Well I had been smashing out 3-4hrs a week....tongue in cheek...LOL

But I have been more productive lately, 10 ish last week and 7 so far this week. I did too many last week and fell in a hole on Thursday just gone, tired and weak feeling, so I have only done two shorter sessions Friday and Saturday. I was too ****ed from the volume NOT the intensity. Just keep the streak going, trying to figure out a basic fortnight around child custody arrangements and work, in that order. But it is the 12th day in a row that I have gotten up at 3:15am to hop on the trainer [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106] stoked.

The idea for me at the moment is to train so I can train the next day, low intensity just get used to logging hours and getting used to the feeling of training with my head and not the pipe dream I have subscribed to in the past.

I am aiming for a constant of 10-12 hrs a week by the end of summer. Then maintain that for autumn and winter.

Edited by fitfastfat977
  • Like 1

Well I had been smashing out 3-4hrs a week....tongue in cheek...LOL

But I have been more productive lately, 12 ish last week and 7 so far this week. I did too many last week and fell in a hole on Thursday just gone, tired and weak feeling, so I have only done two shorter sessions Friday and Saturday. I was too ****ed from the volume NOT the intensity. Just keep the streak going, trying to figure out a basic fortnight around child custody arrangements and work, in that order. But it is the 12th day in a row that I have gotten up at 3:15am to hop on the trainer [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106] stoked.

The idea for me at the moment is to train so I can train the next day, low intensity just get used to logging hours and getting used to the feeling of training with my head and not the pipe dream I have subscribed to in the past.

I am aiming for a constant of 10-12 hrs a week by the end of summer. Then maintain that for autumn and winter.

Good work! And a good way to think when you're coming back fromma hole. Im trying to do similar.

Today managed 2:30 hours acrooss bike on the road, cross trainer in the gym and 30min weights

• Like 2

Well done guys. Some times you feel good and get heaps done, and some times you can't. Don't let it get you down, just keep working towards your goals whenever you can and eventually it will pay off.

• Like 1

Well done guys. Some times you feel good and get heaps done, and some times you can't. Don't let it get you down, just keep working towards your goals whenever you can and eventually it will pay off.

Yeah cool.

Mine was definitely self inflicted, too keen. All good.

• Like 1

Today managed 2:30 hours acrooss bike on the road, cross trainer in the gym and 30min weights

Today I managed a 28 minute run, and a bucket load of family time... I'm happy with that!

• Like 2

I've done 1hr this week so far.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Dont forget that 12hr race

• Like 1

I've done 1hr this week so far.

Might have to pick it up - bribie international next Sunday, unless you are tapering for it ? :-)

Might have to pick it up - bribie international next Sunday, unless you are tapering for it ? :-)

I'm not doing it. Miss 7 is.

IMO you can't just state hours as an overall number, you also need to state IF with it for context. E.g as I've found out first hand 12 hours a week at 0.65 is very different to 12 hours at 0.85

• Like 1

IMO you can't just state hours as an overall number, you also need to state IF with it for context. E.g as I've found out first hand 12 hours a week at 0.65 is very different to 12 hours at 0.85

How many pots do u need to drink to be at .85 for 12 hrs!!!!!

• Like 1