Oompa Loompa

Vegans

Any Vegans on here, interested to hear how you go with the sport ? Always interested to hear how people combine humanity and ethics with exercise. I personally like bacon but would love to learn.

Not expecting a rush on the topic mind you,

Yeah i'm one. Coming up to year soon as well. What are you more specifically after though? Put a list of questions and I'll answer them for you.

Edited by alexholbrook

I got one Alex,

Why are vegans the biggest sooks at restaurants?

Typically I avoid all pub meals/places that typically serve meals that I know aren't vegan, basically this is to avoid any problems, plus pub food doesn't rate that high in my books either even before I was vegan. I would rather eat indian, thai, vietnamise, italian before greasy, fat laden food from a pub. However, I think what you are getting confused about, is that if you ask them to remove a simple ingredient such as cheese or a certain animal based oil, the wait/res see's it as being a great hassle.

• Like 1

The real question is, "are you a genuine vegan or just a trendy vegan." And rocket salad, I think you will find the sooky vegans are really just trendy vegans putting on a show.

Alex is obviously a genuine vegan as he is standing here, arms open and saying, ask me any question about being a vegan.

A trendy vegan would be word bashing Oompa for raising such a question in such an "impertinent" manner and them slamming him for killing every pig in the world just because he likes bacon.

So Alex, do you feel better for being on a vegan? Has it provided you the change you were looking for, much like those people on the paleo diet claim better energy etc.

• Like 1

I promise Oompa hasn't set this up but I feel compelled to share this courtesy of Rog on Facebook:

:lol:

vegans.jpg

• Like 1

However, I think what you are getting confused about, is that if you ask them to remove a simple ingredient such as cheese or a certain animal based oil, the wait/res see's it as being a great hassle.

I have a friend who is coeliac and she goes to Hungry Jacks or Maccas and asks for hamburgers without the roll. I have no idea how they'd react to that but I suspect it would be greeted with equally quizzical looks.

The real question is, "are you a genuine vegan or just a trendy vegan." And rocket salad, I think you will find the sooky vegans are really just trendy vegans putting on a show.

Alex is obviously a genuine vegan as he is standing here, arms open and saying, ask me any question about being a vegan.

A trendy vegan would be word bashing Oompa for raising such a question in such an "impertinent" manner and them slamming him for killing every pig in the world just because he likes bacon.

So Alex, do you feel better for being on a vegan? Has it provided you the change you were looking for, much like those people on the paleo diet claim better energy etc.

I've always eaten a high carb diet due to exercising quite a lot. However I also did do it for the environment and the animals. Energy wise, I've never felt better. I've never enjoyed greasy food in general (cooked breakfasts etc), I've always hated the smell and taste of milk and cheese, meat always made me feel lethargic and really heavy in the stomach. I've always enjoyed raw food.. It's simple, easy to make, makes you feel full in the stomach and full of energy in general. Being a uni student, it's also a hell of a lot cheaper to live of plants that live of meat. The price of meat is ridiculous at the moment, which is a good thing as more and more people are relying on cheaper plant based meals.

In relation to memes. Basically the way that I see it, is that people are ready to hack on someone else for doing something good for the planet. Even in general, if someone does good in this world, then people are ready to chop them down left right and centre. Which is the reason why I'm not the biggest fan of social media. It has it's place, but it's place is very selective/small.

• Like 1

I have a friend who is coeliac and she goes to Hungry Jacks or Maccas and asks for hamburgers without the roll. I have no idea how they'd react to that but I suspect it would be greeted with equally quizzical looks.

Exactly. I can see why people give me quizzical looks when I order chips with normal salt at a fish and chip store. But hey, the business is still making money.

Any Vegans on here, interested to hear how you go with the sport ? Always interested to hear how people combine humanity and ethics with exercise. I personally like bacon but would love to learn.

Not expecting a rush on the topic mind you,

I tried for a couple of months. Now do eat eggs but we get them from neighbours - would never buy them from a supermarket from those commercial places. Too many unknowns.

I do struggle without cheese and whilst we buy a locally made cashew based cheese it's hard traveling with work etc. So will eat it now and then.

We're not the strictest you could be and will now and then eat eggs etc whilst out.

Also felt a bit hypocritical having leather seats in the car so the new one is fabric.

We don't try and convert anyone and don't particularly like discussions where you're inherently made to defend your choices.

Almost sad that caring for animals rather than having them die often horrible deaths for a mouthful of food is mocked so frequently in society.

Thankfully my wife is Italian and a great cook so never go hungry or under fueled. Without her I would definitely struggle without dairy, it's been so long since I ate meat the thought turns my stomach.

The initial change in any dietary preferences is difficult and it took me a while to ensure enough proteins etc. After a bit of time it becomes normal and as easy as any other diets. Thankfully due to the trend, which I think I'd good regardless of motivations behind it, eating out is becoming much easier these days.

Edited by Esoteric

Alex/ Eso

Guess what I'm asking is how hard is it ? To source food / when you go out/ away.

I gather you would need to plan your meals more ? Or is that my suburban shire stereotype? What's a typical days meal look like?

Three favourite dishes and how do you go with the condiments ? Like as I've got older, I tend not to bother with sauces, relishes, gravies etc but when it comes to salad I normally need something if it's a meal by itself. Do you eat much pasta, bread, beans etc.

Every vegan I speak to says they feel better, better skin, less sick etc and obviously drops some weight to begin with.

How strict are you, ie honey, red wine (often has egg in it).... Just stick to Irish whiskey... Lol.

How do you go on the energy levels etc with training. Or you just smash down gels etc. I think by memory is it gelatine that's s no no ?

Do you supplement like AP or you get most of your nutrition from balanced food. I was talking to a guy today, he gets bloods done every 12 months just to make sure.

Just curious I guess

Edited by Oompa Loompa

Exactly. I can see why people give me quizzical looks when I order chips with normal salt at a fish and chip store. But hey, the business is still making money.Â

serious question, guess I can google but does chicken salt actually have chicken in it ?

serious question, guess I can google but does chicken salt actually have chicken in it ?

Not the stuff in my cupboard

Most fish and chips stores chicken salt does because they all generally use the same brand as it comes in bulk. But the stuff in my cupboard doesn't have chicken in it

A vegan for a year & this is the first time we have heard about it.........

That has to be some type of world record. Next think AP won't mention Kona in a post.

• Like 5

That has to be some type of world record. Next think AP won't mention Kona in a post.

:lol:

Haha.

Three favourite dishes and how do you go with the condiments ? Like as I've got older, I tend not to bother with sauces, relishes, gravies etc but when it comes to salad I normally need something if it's a meal by itself. Do you eat much pasta, bread, beans etc.

Oompa,

I'm far from a vegan, but changed my diet substantially in the last 18 months. I try to avoid processed foods and sugars in general which placed most sauces and relishes off the list.

However my salads which I typically make for lunch at work don't need them. Mix up the idea of what you want in a salad. My biggest shift was moving away from lettuce or spinach as the basis for salads - all green is bloody boring and I rarely eat any of it still - it really seems to be empty calories designed just to wear out your jawbones. I usually roast up some pumpkin / sweet potato at night when the oven is going as the base. I add to this the morning of the lunch some whole foods, mostly raw - avocado (which adds a good level of moisture to remove the dryness of most boring salads), mushrooms, tomatoes, olives, mangoes, eggplant when in season etc. I usually throw in a bit of left over meat making sure to avoid any sort of processed (ie sliced Don etc), however most times no meat is around so I end up eating vegan on those meals anyway. A bit of hummus (preferably homemade) can be used as a sauce if mixed through as well as an idea.

I'm starting to play around with "pulses" such as chickpeas, lentils etc as well, early stages for me with more missed than hits so far so keen to hear of anyone with good ideas on how to utilise these.

I can't agree with the vegan ideologies (my background gives me a different perspective on the whole circle of life and agriculture in general), however the dietary habits of them and vegetarian cultures can give us alot of nutrition lessons that we have lost in our western culture in the last few generations ironically due to the narrowed agricultural practices attempting to feed more people efficiently.

PS, if not read already, get into Eat and Run by Scott Jurek as to how he handles a vegan diet and ultra distance running, he's got some great recipes in it as well

Guess what I'm asking is how hard is it ? To source food / when you go out/ away.

It can be quite difficult given that I go to uni in Bathurst and live in Wagga when I'm not in Bathurst, so it can be quite difficult given that there are a lot of pubs and not a lot of vego places about. Generally, I'll get a lot of tofu/vegetable based meals when I go to indian, thai etc. Vego burgers are also becoming quite popular nowadays so that's also a good option.

I gather you would need to plan your meals more ? Or is that my suburban shire stereotype? What's a typical days meal look like?

A lot of my meals are pre planned. I always have falafel, tofu, plenty of different beans/lentils. Plus plenty of fresh fruit and veg.

Breakfast is generally porridge or a big smoothie bowl (4 frozen bananas, handful of berries then topped with coconut, dates or any fresh fruit.

Lunch is generally a wrap of some sort.

Dinner can range from a curry of some sort, spaghetti Bolognase without the meat of course, roast veggies with gravy, veggie pies. Basically the list is endless. If you want something that's not vegan, google a vegan version of it and it's generally there.

I love pasta, rice (either brown or white), rice noodles. Bread is always light rye. I just love the taste and texture I guess.

Massell makes a vegan gravy that's available at woolies.

I've always loved bbq sauce, relishes are also a good option for wraps.

Every vegan I speak to says they feel better, better skin, less sick etc and obviously drops some weight to begin with.

Skin is always the first thing people notice. I was lucky and never had bad skin but just in general the amount of oil that came of it went down. Weight there hasn't been much difference, I've always been under 10% body fat. Health wise, I've had the common cold once a year, but you have to expect that when you live with 19 other humans in a dorm plus I have 5 siblings at home so it's always going to be hard dodging anything.

How strict are you, ie honey, red wine (often has egg in it).... Just stick to Irish whiskey... Lol.

Don't eat honey. I use barnivore.com for alcohol so that tells you whether its vegan or not. But I've always drunk coopers beer anyway.

How do you go on the energy levels etc with training. Or you just smash down gels etc. I think by memory is it gelatine that's s no no ?

Energy levels have remained the same for training. I didn't notice much difference.

Do you supplement like AP or you get most of your nutrition from balanced food. I was talking to a guy today, he gets bloods done every 12 months just to make sure.

I get bloods done each 6 months, no difference in hormone levels or Iron.

I tried for a couple of months. Now do eat eggs but we get them from neighbours - would never buy them from a supermarket from those commercial places. Too many unknowns.

I do struggle without cheese and whilst we buy a locally made cashew based cheese it's hard traveling with work etc. So will eat it now and then.

We're not the strictest you could be and will now and then eat eggs etc whilst out.

Also felt a bit hypocritical having leather seats in the car so the new one is fabric.

We don't try and convert anyone and don't particularly like discussions where you're inherently made to defend your choices.

Almost sad that caring for animals rather than having them die often horrible deaths for a mouthful of food is mocked so frequently in society.

Thankfully my wife is Italian and a great cook so never go hungry or under fueled. Without her I would definitely struggle without dairy, it's been so long since I ate meat the thought turns my stomach.

The initial change in any dietary preferences is difficult and it took me a while to ensure enough proteins etc. After a bit of time it becomes normal and as easy as any other diets. Thankfully due to the trend, which I think I'd good regardless of motivations behind it, eating out is becoming much easier these days.

I definitely don't try and convert people either. If someone asks me a question because they're intrigued, then I will answer it. But when someone is going out of their way to really give you a hard time about it, then I'll typically walk away from the discussion.

I also agree with you in saying that it's almost sad that caring for animals rather than having them die is mocked in society. It's beyond a joke why people need to do it, but at the end of the day they're generally just insecure about their own selves. Insecurity is what drives kids to bully. They do it to make themselves feel better about themselves for something that isn't going quite right in their own lives.

I'm currently driving back to Adelaide from Hargraves a small town near Mudgee. Anyone who lives out this way & manages to eat out as Vegan has my respect.

Wagga and Bathurst are cosmopolitan compared to Mudgee. Both are university towns so that probably has an influence on the eating-out options.

Wagga and Bathurst are cosmopolitan compared to Mudgee. Both are university towns so that probably has an influence on the eating-out options.

I can see where you are coming from, but trust me, eating here and at home actually sucks. Not many places are happy to accomodate vegans. It's just a part of life but living in places like Adelaide or Melbourne definitely has it's perks. So many options in those places.

Don't worry, I know Wagga and Bathurst well so I understand the options are limited. I was just comparing them to somewhere like Mudgee. It's all relative!

it always cracks me up when vegans complain about not having many options to eat out... Not to be rude or offend, but when you choose to be different to the other 98% of people what do you expect?

I'm currently driving back to Adelaide from Hargraves a small town near Mudgee. Anyone who lives out this way & manages to eat out as Vegan has my respect.

Would be like the time I played a gig in Mitchell! Dinner at the pub housing us was a piece of steak the size of a plate, with icecream tubs of various salads on the table. Got up for breakfast the next morning and low and behold there was a plate sized steak waiting for us.

I only know one person who is vegetarian, except when she goes to McDonalds!

it always cracks me up when vegans complain about not having many options to eat out... Not to be rude or offend, but when you choose to be different to the other 98% of people what do you expect?Â

Even when they are catered for they complain far more than your average guest. It's got to the point I know of a few restaurants who just say no now.

No one said save the world, just care for animals, which to be honest is quite admirable.

When I hear vegan I never think of the people that do it for ethical reasons. The ones that always come to mind are like Greyman's description above, doing it just to look like they are different or somehow special, very similar to the mindset of anti-vaxxers.

In all honesty the answers from Alex & Esoteric on this thread have actually made me think a lot more about the real meaning of being vegan and I'll be more mindful of passing judgement in the future.

• Like 2

No offense but eating to save the World? Spare me.

If no one did anything different, nothing would ever change.

Edited by Esoteric

I got one Alex,

Why are vegans the biggest sooks at restaurants?

I sat in a resteraunt with a client and a staff member who is vegan. If laws allowed I would have sacked him during the ordering process. Talk about making everyone feel uncomfortable. And this was after I asked him which resteraunt would be best for him. Last time he comes to lunch. Too hard. Nice guy through. Edited by Mjainoz

I just saw Rog. He looks like he hasn't eaten since Xmas. Going to struggle to play Santa this year :).

Should I be concerned he has lost enough weight to run well in 3 weeks?

Alex, do you do cross fit?

Rocket Salad, you're profile picture on here really sums you up doesn't it. You just say shit in order to get people going, not only on this thread but in general on this forum. Here's the thing, I post by my real name and my real face is in my profile picture. Why? Because I'm not a defenseless keyboard warrior who posts by an fake name. I also think the reason why vegans become so defensive is people like yourself who bait/ask stupid questions to try and get us going. The questions on here have been quite constructive so far, bar a few people and yourself included. I'm happy to answer questions because people are curious about it all. Curiosity is what creates discussion, but people like yourself take it beyond curiosity and it just starts arguments and get's people offside.

But to answer your original question, no I don't crossfit. It serves no purpose in my training and really isn't sport specific to triathlon. Sure, there are some aerobic, strength and power based benefits, but I can get those benefits for a whole lot less $$$$ and also time.

• Like 4

I'm blood type A

Interesting I follow a diet based on my blood type which is O

According to your blood type you are following a diet which is suited to it

Dietary habits for blood type A

Blood type A has low levels of hydrochloric acid and alkaline phosphatase but high levels of a digestive enzyme called intestinal disaccharide, which means animal protein is not easily digested, but carbohydrates are. This also indicates that type A best suits a vegetarian diet. Food eaten must be pure, organic, and as fresh as possible.

Meat eating type A’s should eliminate the more toxic foods from their diet. A good diet will ensure that your immune system gets plenty of charge to fight for itself. By nature, Type A people have sensitive immune systems.

Stress is very typical for blood type A. They have higher levels of the stress hormone cortisol, which makes them react to stressful situations. Symptoms that could occur due to stress are disturbed sleep patterns and brain fog during the day. To ensure the cortisol levels are under control, do the following:

•Limit sugar, alcohol and caffeine intake

•Don’t skip meals, especially breakfast

•Eat smaller, more frequent meals

Best Foods For Blood Type A

Vegetables

•Alfalfa Sprouts, Artichoke (Domestic, Jerusalem),Beet Leaves, Broccoli

•Carrots, Chicory, Collard Greens, Dandelion, Escarole, Garlic, Horseradish

•Kale, Kohlrabi, Leek, Lettuce (Romaine), Okra, Onions (Red, Spanish, Yellow)

•Parsley, Parsnips, Pumpkin, Spinach, Swiss chard and Turnips

Vegetable oils

•Extra virgin olive oil

Deep ocean seafood

•Carp, Cod, Grouper, Mackerel, Monkfish, Pickerel

•Red Snapper, Rainbow Trout, Salmon, Sardine, Sea Trout

•Silver Perch, Snail, Whitefish Yellow Perch

Legumes (beans and peas)

•Aduke, Azuki, Black, Green, Pinto beans

•Lentil Beans, Black-eyed peas

Grains

•Artichoke Pasta, Buckwheat Kasha, Soba Noodles

•Oat, Rice and Rye flours

Nuts and seeds

•Pumpkin seeds and peanuts

Fruits

•Apricots, Berries (Black, Blue, Boysen, Cran, Cherries), Figs (Dried or Fresh)

•Grapefruit, Lemons, Pineapple, Prunes, Raisins

Cereals

•Amaranth, Buckwheat and Kasha

Breads, muffins, and crackers

•Essene Bread, Ezekiel Bread

•Manna Bread Rice Cakes

Juices

•Apricot, Black Cherry, Grapefruit

•Pineapple, Prune, Carrot, Celery

Spices

•Barley Malt, Blackstrap Molasses, Garlic, Ginger

•Miso, Soy Sauce Tamari

Condiments

•Mustard

Herbal Teas

•Alfalfa, Aloe, Burdock, Chamomile, Echinacea, Fenugreek

•Ginger, Ginseng, Green Tea, Hawthorne, Milk Thistle

•Rose Hips, St. John’s Wort, Slippery Elm, Valerian

Miscellaneous Beverages

•Coffee (Water Decaf, Regular)

•Green Tea and Red Wine

Blood type A should try and avoid the following, because these are the foods that will upset their digestive system and cause upsets:

•Strong red meats

•Crustaceans

•Dairy products and eggs

•Wheat products

•Vegetables like: Cabbage (Chinese, Red, White), Eggplant

•Lima Beans, Kidney Beans, Mushrooms (Domestic, Shiitake), Olives (Black, Greek, Spanish)

•Peppers (Green, Jalapeno, Red, Yellow), Potatoes (Red, Sweet, White), Tomatoes and Yams

Foods To Limit For Blood Type A

Fruits

•Banana, Cantaloupe, Coconut, Honeydew

•Mango, Orange, Papaya, Plantain, Rhubarb, and Tangerine

Fats and Oils

•Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Cottonseed Oil

•Peanut Oil, Safflower Oil and Sesame Oil

Nuts and Seeds

•Brazil, Cashew and Pistachios

Beans and Legumes

•Copper, Garbanzo, Kidney, Lima, Navy, Red and Tamarind Beans

Other beverages

•Beer, Liquor, Seltzer Water

•Soda (Club, Cola, Diet, etc.)

Interesting I follow a diet based on my blood type which is OÂ

Â

According to your blood type you are following a diet which is suited to it

Â

Dietary habits for blood type A

Blood type A has low levels of hydrochloric acid and alkaline phosphatase but high levels of a digestive enzyme called intestinal disaccharide, which means animal protein is not easily digested, but carbohydrates are. This also indicates that type A best suits a vegetarian diet. Food eaten must be pure, organic, and as fresh as possible.

Meat eating type Aâs should eliminate the more toxic foods from their diet. A good diet will ensure that your immune system gets plenty of charge to fight for itself. By nature, Type A people have sensitive immune systems.

Stress is very typical for blood type A. They have higher levels of the stress hormone cortisol, which makes them react to stressful situations. Symptoms that could occur due to stress are disturbed sleep patterns and brain fog during the day. To ensure the cortisol levels are under control, do the following:

â¢Limit sugar, alcohol and caffeine intake

â¢Donât skip meals, especially breakfast

â¢Eat smaller, more frequent meals

Â

Best Foods For Blood Type A

Vegetables

â¢Alfalfa Sprouts, Artichoke (Domestic, Jerusalem),Beet Leaves, Broccoli

â¢Carrots, Chicory, Collard Greens, Dandelion, Escarole, Garlic, Horseradish

â¢Kale, Kohlrabi, Leek, Lettuce (Romaine), Okra, Onions (Red, Spanish, Yellow)

â¢Parsley, Parsnips, Pumpkin, Spinach, Swiss chard and Turnips

Vegetable oils

â¢Extra virgin olive oil

Deep ocean seafood

â¢Carp, Cod, Grouper, Mackerel, Monkfish, Pickerel

â¢Red Snapper, Rainbow Trout, Salmon, Sardine, Sea Trout

â¢Silver Perch, Snail, Whitefish Yellow Perch

Legumes (beans and peas)

â¢Aduke, Azuki, Black, Green, Pinto beans

â¢Lentil Beans, Black-eyed peas

Grains

â¢Artichoke Pasta, Buckwheat Kasha, Soba Noodles

â¢Oat, Rice and Rye flours

Nuts and seeds

â¢Pumpkin seeds and peanuts

Fruits

â¢Apricots, Berries (Black, Blue, Boysen, Cran, Cherries), Figs (Dried or Fresh)

â¢Grapefruit, Lemons, Pineapple, Prunes, Raisins

Cereals

â¢Amaranth, Buckwheat and Kasha

Breads, muffins, and crackers

â¢Essene Bread, Ezekiel Bread

â¢Manna Bread Rice Cakes

Juices

â¢Apricot, Black Cherry, Grapefruit

â¢Pineapple, Prune, Carrot, Celery

Spices

â¢Barley Malt, Blackstrap Molasses, Garlic, Ginger

â¢Miso, Soy Sauce Tamari

Condiments

â¢Mustard

Herbal Teas

â¢Alfalfa, Aloe, Burdock, Chamomile, Echinacea, Fenugreek

â¢Ginger, Ginseng, Green Tea, Hawthorne, Milk Thistle

â¢Rose Hips, St. Johnâs Wort, Slippery Elm, Valerian

Miscellaneous Beverages

â¢Coffee (Water Decaf, Regular)

â¢Green Tea and Red Wine

Â

Blood type A should try and avoid the following, because these are the foods that will upset their digestive system and cause upsets:

â¢Strong red meats

â¢Crustaceans

â¢Dairy products and eggs

â¢Wheat products

â¢Vegetables like: Cabbage (Chinese, Red, White), Eggplant

â¢Lima Beans, Kidney Beans, Mushrooms (Domestic, Shiitake), Olives (Black, Greek, Spanish)

â¢Peppers (Green, Jalapeno, Red, Yellow), Potatoes (Red, Sweet, White), Tomatoes and Yams

Foods To Limit For Blood Type A

Fruits

â¢Banana, Cantaloupe, Coconut, Honeydew

â¢Mango, Orange, Papaya, Plantain, Rhubarb, and Tangerine

Fats and Oils

â¢Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Cottonseed Oil

â¢Peanut Oil, Safflower Oil and Sesame Oil

Nuts and Seeds

â¢Brazil, Cashew and Pistachios

Beans and Legumes

â¢Copper, Garbanzo, Kidney, Lima, Navy, Red and Tamarind Beans

Other beverages

â¢Beer, Liquor, Seltzer Water

â¢Soda (Club, Cola, Diet, etc.)

FB... Could you post the other blood types ? Sure it's on google but for sanctity of the same source of info

Â

PS, if not read already, get into Eat and Run by Scott Jurek as to how he handles a vegan diet and ultra distance running, he's got some great recipes in it as well

Ordered the book, cheers

Rocket Salad, you're profile picture on here really sums you up doesn't it. You just say shit in order to get people going, not only on this thread but in general on this forum. Here's the thing, I post by my real name and my real face is in my profile picture. Why? Because I'm not a defenseless keyboard warrior who posts by an fake name. I also think the reason why vegans become so defensive is people like yourself who bait/ask stupid questions to try and get us going. The questions on here have been quite constructive so far, bar a few people and yourself included. I'm happy to answer questions because people are curious about it all. Curiosity is what creates discussion, but people like yourself take it beyond curiosity and it just starts arguments and get's people offside.ÃÂ

ÃÂ

But to answer your original question, no I don't crossfit. It serves no purpose in my training and really isn't sport specific to triathlon. Sure, there are some aerobic, strength and power based benefits, but I can get those benefits for a whole lot less $$$$ and also time.ÃÂ

I put this up as I went and did the food shopping with my partner yesterday and I ducked up to the engadine street fair on the hope of finding a purveyor of saur kraut .... Anyway one of my old training partners was up there and saying he had been vegan for 18 months...... Conversation went like..... You're looking good, you doing a bit, no, went vegan about 18 months back......

So thought I'd ask some questions on here as well. My daughter has also been vegan for about 18 months now too but doesn't do extreme exercise levels so was curious where it sits with that. Then just anything else I pick up on the subject.

Edited by Oompa Loompa

Should I be concerned he has lost enough weight to run well in 3 weeks?

Yes