Sign in to follow this  
superboy

IM WA Entry Numbers

Anyone know what numbers are like for WA yet?

Holding off on entry as long as possible, No Refund Policy needs to change

If you ask dicky you can enter on the day before the race anyways , even if it is sold out (which it won't)

• Like 2

If you ask dicky you can enter on the day before the race anyways , even if it is sold out (which it won't)

Just make sure you don't miss registration. :)

Reducing the number of full IM competitors by 600 for the 70.3 prompted me to enter the full.

In 2015 there were only 1200 doing IMWA. I think that when they changed the course to two laps the course capacity was 2000. So there will be around 1400 spots for the full IM. I do not think that it will sell out.

definitely wont sell out now they've given the punters the option of doing the kids race...

Just wait as long as you can for entry and dont stress!

Anyone know what numbers are like for WA yet?

Holding off on entry as long as possible, No Refund Policy needs to change

It won't sell out

I'm happy to bet the other way.

I was in the WTC office a while back and on their white board they have at the top FOMO

Their whole new goal is to create a fear of missing out.

They will limit the Full to 1000 and the 70.3 to about 500 or 600.

Creating a sellout and then panic for future races.

If you really want to do it, I suggest to enter. Nothing worse than training all winter and then not racing because you didn't enter.

If you really want to do it, I suggest to enter. Nothing worse than training all winter and then not racing because you didn't enter.

Peter now works for the FOMO campaign.

It hasn't sold out in recent years, it is extremely unlikely it will this year. They will do what they did for Port, cap the 70.3 and create a waitlist. Once the event nears (3-4 weeks out) they'll move the vacant spots from the full to the half.

They want to maximise full entries as they make more money from those.

I'm happy to bet the other way.

I was in the WTC office a while back and on their white board they have at the top FOMO

Their whole new goal is to create a fear of missing out.

They will limit the Full to 1000 and the 70.3 to about 500 or 600.

Creating a sellout and then panic for future races.

Nope

It won't work again like it did back in 2011 when they did it at at port

The sport is going backwards in this country right now but back in 2011 it was growing at a crazy rate

Far too many other options out there now ,and most LC racers these days are happy doing short course half IMs

The only thing that will get IM races selling out again will be if WTC start offering value for monie (or at least are seen to be giving value And care for the athlete)

Or we just have one IM and that race being port

I'm not saying it should work or will.

it's just their GOAL for their races.

• Like 1

Peter now works for the FOMO campaign.

It hasn't sold out in recent years, it is extremely unlikely it will this year. They will do what they did for Port, cap the 70.3 and create a waitlist. Once the event nears (3-4 weeks out) they'll move the vacant spots from the full to the half.

They want to maximise full entries as they make more money from those.

Exactly. Peter is causing the panic [emoji1][emoji1]

If they had the same number of spots for the full as they did last year, then they won't sell out, but if there's a cap, it may sell out or as Prizna suggests move the empty full slots to the half. I'm pretty sure the half will sell out with only 600 spots.

There were always going to be more people doing the full this year because of Mandurah getting canned, so combined numbers for the full and half will be higher than the full for last year.

Edited by zed

Exactly. Peter is causing the panic [emoji1][emoji1]

okay don't enter until the last day. Just checked and it's the

17 Nov 2016 at 11.59pm

Just checking and i find it also interesting the ACTIVE FEE goes up the close to the race.

6% to 8%

Farkers

Nope

It won't work again like it did back in 2011 when they did it at at port

The sport is going backwards in this country right now but back in 2011 it was growing at a crazy rate

Is it going backwards? I've only been in the sport since 2013, but it seems pretty popular in WA. IMWA doesn't sell out anymore, but when it did there were only 2 lc options in WA, Busso full and half, whereas between oct 2015 and oct 2016, there would have been 6:

rott LC oct

Mandurah 70.3 nov

Busso Full dec

Busso half may

rott LC may

rott lC may

Plus there are a lot more OD races and numbers in the sprints are high, close to 1000 for my local sprint, back in 2009 they had 300. I do think for a lot of people doing a full every year is just too much, especially when you've done a couple. If you're working full time with kids, training for a full takes up a significant amount of time, whereas a half you can still have a life. A lot of people do 1 or 2 then that's them done, they'll stick to halves. So numbers have definitely peaked in WA for the full and will probably continue to drop, but the overall health of the sport here is pretty good. I have noticed though, the sport has a really high turnover, even in the 3 years I've been involved, I've seen a lot of people come and go.

Edited by zed
  • Like 1

Is it going backwards? I've only been in the sport since 2013, but it seems pretty popular in WA. IMWA doesn't sell out anymore, but when it did there were only 2 lc options in WA, Busso full and half, whereas between oct 2015 and oct 2016, there would have been 6:

rott LC oct

Mandurah 70.3 nov

Busso Full dec

Busso half may

rott LC may

rott lC may

Plus there are a lot more OD races and numbers in the sprints are high, close to 1000 for my local sprint, back in 2009 they had 300. I do think for a lot of people doing a full every year is just too much, especially when you've done a couple. If you're working full time with kids, training for a full takes up a significant amount of time, whereas a half you can still have a life. A lot of people do 1 or 2 then that's them done, they'll stick to halves. So numbers have definitely peaked in WA for the full and will probably continue to drop, but the overall health of the sport here is pretty good. I have noticed though, the sport has a really high turnover, even in the 3 years I've been involved, I've seen a lot of people come and go.

Fair enough

My comment was focused on the full distance races

No doubt there is still plenty if interest in the half iron distance races

• Like 1

okay don't enter until the last day. Just checked and it's the

17 Nov 2016 at 11.59pm

Just checking and i find it also interesting the ACTIVE FEE goes up the close to the race.

6% to 8%

Farkers

That's not exactly right.

Active increased their fee from 6% to 8% on 1st Jan 2016.

And yet the Active fee to join TA was 5% of TA fee, and nothing on the club membership component. So was 4% for me for the complete transaction

Yes, we all noticed the 33% increase in customer service and value add at that date. We'll all look back at this time in 20 years and laugh about how the race fees used to actually be more than the active fees, those crazy race directors...

• Like 1

And yet the Active fee to join TA was 5% of TA fee, and nothing on the club membership component. So was 4% for me for the complete transaction

There is an Active fee on the club component. I would say your club, as ours does, absorbs the fee.

So, of our club membership fee of $35, we only see $33.25.

It will only sell out for men, so they can achieve their hoal of 50% female participants

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Â

okay don't enter until the last day. Â Just checked and it's theÂ

Â

17 Nov 2016 at 11.59pmÂ

Â

Â

6% to 8%

Â

Farkers

Now there's an interesting marketing ploy.... Wether it's the WTC or TA, unless they are really really stupid, they must know how much their customers hate the active fee..... So raise it to get people to enter early..... Gold.

Amazing the active fee hasn't gone to the ACCC