Sign in to follow this  
Peter

Quintana dragged up climb holding neutral spares

what....that was a split second footage, give me brake. You can't make judgement on that...

Edited by Nath.

..and I would never take notice of a twitter account who has this bio, and a shirtless photo of himself.....

Owner/director of PCS. Thinks in challenges instead of problems.

• Like 1

what....that was a split second footage, give me brake. You can't make judgement on that...

Holding one for the 1 second in the footage is cheating.

I am happy to call him a cheat.

Looked like he had good hold. Wasnt fending or anything

Worse than a sticky waterbottle that gets a few whistles and a time penalty

I like Quintana. Leave him alone.

ÃÂ

Did you hear about Stephan van der Zwan?

Apparently he "Thinks in challenges instead of problems".

He didnt make it up. Its actual footage from someones phone isnt it? Edited by The Turtle

Cheating in Le Tour? Never.

Cadel never cheated

Can't say much for the others !!!

I feel outraged.

Is that the correct response? Who cares.. split second could have been to catch his balance, could have been for 500m can't tell.

Won't lose sleep worrying about it myself. Seen the news lately?

• Like 1

I feel outraged.

Is that the correct response? Who cares.. split second could have been to catch his balance, could have been for 500m can't tell.

Won't lose sleep worrying about it myself. Seen the news lately?

Yes the world is farked and triathlon shouldn't be discussed.

1992 posts from you. Shame you'll never hit 2000 worrying about the rest of the world and not talking/typing about your hobbie.

Cheers

So in a 1.5sec video grab Quintana is to be labelled & crucified as a cheat?

The Mavic motorcycle is slowed by the people who are pushing Richie Porte as he gets going again.

Quintana is directly behind the motorcycle in a very narrow clear pathway through the crowd etc. at the crash location.

Why hasn't (at least to my knowledge) Adam Yates, Fabio Aru, Loius Meinties, Romain Bardet, Joaquim Rodriguez, Alejandro Valverde & Tejay Van Garderen made any comment or complained about Quintana's unfair advantage holding onto the wheel of the Mavic M/cycle? They were all in the Quintana group.

You can see Aru, Meinties, Bardet & Van Garderen in that video right in clear eye sight of Quitana's action.

Also why didn't the race referee (also right behind) make note and penalise, if Quintana was deemed to have been using the m/cycle?

I'm not a Quintana fan at all but it's a pretty narrow mind to think it was an out and out effort to cheat particularly given the scenario and the lack off information all from a 1.5sec video.

Give us something real to go on. Then it maybe justified to throw out accusations.

Did Quintana just grab the wheel at that particular moment because the motorcycle was slowing because of the people in the way?

Did Quintana hold on for an extended time & for how long?

Were are the complaints of the other riders who were right there?

Was there a warning from the referee car (just behind those guys)?

Were is the video shots from the other TV camera's or other random people with video shots?

:rolleyes1::rolleyes1:

Anyway I'm going to go watch & enjoy the race.

Edited by TrevS
  • Like 1

What does it matter anyway? All results were taken from below that point, and Aru was just told he was a naughty boy and not given a penalty after continual sticky bottles right in front of the referees.

I'm more amazed by the jumble of motorbikes and cars and spectators. Must be an odd feeling to be cycling through the middle of all that.

I try to get my wife to drive behind me with spare wheels and a spare bike on the roof but she won't do it.

Edited by PaperMan

So cheating for 1.5 seconds is ok?

Cool

So ap is now cleared of the 1 second shortcut in yeppoon.

Last night in itu the South African guy gave the bird for 1 second and got a dq. So that needs to be reversed too.

All actions that took only one second.

Good to have ya back trev.

Those other 1sec examples do not relate to this incident nor are they remotely similar so hardly much of a point.

I want to see or hear of words of those involved (ie:riders, officials, further video footage) pointing out Quintana's so called cheating?

I bet there are none.

Try watching the race footage from 21:50 this is the moment of what you call cheating.

http://www.steephill.tv/players/720/dailymotion/?title=Last+5+Km+of+Stage+12&dashboard=tour-de-france&id=x4k8alt&yr=2016

From 21:50 you can match the race footage and that 1.5sec clip and even pick out the guy who is filming it.

Note the Polish Majka fan (who has issued an apology for his actions), Plus the guy (red beenie) right in front of camera waiving the yellow banner.

Quintana is up the front of the group right in the mess, you can see the mavic m/cycle with Quitana behind it plus the other riders as they to try and get around the mess.

The Mavic M/cycle stops another 3-4 metres up the road (out of view on the "cheater" video) behind Ritchie Porte who has stopped again after initially being pushed off (as seen in the "cheat" video) to try and fix his bike.

I think the cheating claims need to be backed up with some actual information because it is pretty obvious to me from what I can determine that Quintana has not cheated at all.

It is purely a moment of action in the middle of a mess, that lasted all of a matter of a couple of seconds.

The guy who filmed it has got his mass world moment of attention for it, when it is a false representation of what is actually occurring & why.

Edited by TrevS

Â

Â

Yes the world is farked and triathlon shouldn't be discussed.

Â

1992 posts from you. Â Shame you'll never hit 2000 worrying about the rest of the world and not talking/typing about your hobbie.

Â

Cheers

The TDF has nothing to do with triathlon and imo nor does constant negativity. Glass half full mate.

Those other 1sec examples do not relate to this incident nor are they remotely similar so hardly much of a point.

I want to see or hear of words of those involved (ie:riders, officials, further video footage) pointing out Quintana's so called cheating?

I bet there are none.

The guy who filmed it has got his mass world moment of attention for it, when it is a false representation of what is actually occurring & why.

I saw the footage retweeted by a few riders.

Draw your own conclusions.

I know I did.

Didn't Quintana ride past a red flag and take time and get the Pink Jersey on a neutralised section in the Giro a couple of years ago? A descent of the Stelvio I think it was.

Quite a few of the cyclists have retweeted the footage with negative comments. I don't understand why they don't just put him in the dirt if they are unhappy. No one could prove anything.

Didn't Quintana ride past a red flag and take time and get the Pink Jersey on a neutralised section in the Giro a couple of years ago? A descent of the Stelvio I think it was.

I think the team director for Astana tweeted the something about that. Bit rich considering Astanas history

• Like 1