Sign in to follow this  
japay1

Best place to buy garmin

Find the best price you can get then take it to Rebel ask for a price beat.

Sometimes rebel will want to see they (the supplier you have sourced) are a storefront and in their area. Have had them play ball previously so they will do it if you have the right dynamics. Pushys can be competitive as another option.

Usually bought my garmin stuff from highlytunedathletes. Usually arrives the next day.

Find the best price you can get then take it to Rebel ask for a price beat.

This

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Qantas frequent flyer account if you dont use them.

FM

Edited by Flanman

Usually bought my garmin stuff from highlytunedathletes. Usually arrives the next day.

Same here. Always been pretty much best price and delivery is always quick.

I know that Pushy's can be lower than Highly Tuned Athletes, I always check between the two before purchasing.

Probably from the UK? Pound's tanking. I paid $323 for my Edge 520.

On the subject of 520 and uk... tell me what you think about this scenario.

I've been using a 520 for 4 months, but as I live in Cambodia I never need to navigate as there are few roads, even on a 200km loop.

I'm currently in the UK, so I set a course and synced it to my 520, as I'd be riding on unfamiliar roads for a 150km ride.

It started well. It helped me navigate to the start of the route (at the end of the street!) And away I went. Then it went a bit wierd. I started telling me about strava live segments, which it's never done before... but only 2 segments and then no more. And in terms of navigation, it was 'pony'. It was giving me cardinal directions instead of turn left/right most of the time, and then when it was telling me to turn, there were not always roads to turn into. You can't see route directions and a north arrow at the same time, which would help when the thing is giving you cardinal directions.

My 520 is also selective about reminding me when to eat. I set an alarm for 15 min intervals, but sometimes it 'forgets'!

I know I'm not using it to its full capabilities, but as a navigation device it seems so finicky.

I know I'm not using it to its full capabilities, but as a navigation device it seems so finicky.

I would say an update could fix that? But I only planning on using my for speed, power etc not for it's nav features.

Wiggle states Aus RRP and PBK does not sell Garmin's to Australia and CRC does not sell Garmins at all. Any else you can think of? I am just after the new HR run 2 strap

I ended up finding the new model hrm-run (the one with the red surround) on ebay a few months ago for $35. Unused.

• Like 1

I just picked up a 520 from HTR for $350 delivered

Now I just gotta work out how to use it !!!

Cheers

Ivp

Just bought a VivoActive HR from local Amart Allsports for $319

(got to love those elections - the extra cash from working a booth buys me a new toy about each year :) )

• Like 1

(got to love those elections - the extra cash from working a booth buys me a new toy about each year :) )

How much dos working a booth give you TF?

How much dos working a booth give you TF?

Wondered the same thing. How do you get on this gravy train?

Wondered the same thing. How do you get on this gravy train?

To get "invited" you go to the AEC (for federal things: elections, referendums etc) website http://www.aec.gov.au add your details then when there is something coming up they email you and ask what you are prepared to do (times/days/roles) then in due course they (usually ) make you an offer. The employment link is at the top of the page. There is also the ABS http://www.abs.gov.au there is a census coming up.

For state / local council matters you have to register with the state electoral commission e.g. QEC (you may have noticed that for instance there wee no voter id cards in the poll at the weekend whereas for the local govt elections just gone there were (in Qld anyway) - diff mob, slightly different practices.)

Pay is a flat rate (no: age, experience or hourly rates) and varies by role but the most common job: "Polling Assistant" - the people who issue the votes etc is $406 (before tax) for the day ( we worked 6:45 am through to 10:30pm - someone has to do the counting, pack it all up and return the venue to it's previous condition....). Other casual roles: Declaration Officers, OIC's etc pay a bit more. All the pay rates are on the web site/s. You do not need to be employed in any particular industry (or at all actually - there are quite a few retired folks & uni students) in your "normal" life.

You have to able to instantly get on with and work with a bunch of people you have probably never met before, plus of course be impartial and polite to all.

My reason for starting the gig was to find out how it all worked :) (and the cash).

• Like 1

The missus did it on Saturday. That now pays for 2 deposits for a cruise next year (her 60th birthday).

FM

• Like 1

On the subject of 520 and uk... tell me what you think about this scenario.

I've been using a 520 for 4 months, but as I live in Cambodia I never need to navigate as there are few roads, even on a 200km loop.

I'm currently in the UK, so I set a course and synced it to my 520, as I'd be riding on unfamiliar roads for a 150km ride.

It started well. It helped me navigate to the start of the route (at the end of the street!) And away I went. Then it went a bit wierd. I started telling me about strava live segments, which it's never done before... but only 2 segments and then no more. And in terms of navigation, it was 'pony'. It was giving me cardinal directions instead of turn left/right most of the time, and then when it was telling me to turn, there were not always roads to turn into. You can't see route directions and a north arrow at the same time, which would help when the thing is giving you cardinal directions.

My 520 is also selective about reminding me when to eat. I set an alarm for 15 min intervals, but sometimes it 'forgets'!

R u sure you didn't strap your wife to your handlebars instead of the garmin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

LOL

drove 11,000km through the UK and the continent, better half navigated the first 11k before I took over so it wouldn't work for me.

Note.

Don't skim read this sentence.

Edited by Rocket Salad

I just picked up a 520 from HTR for $350 delivered

Now I just gotta work out how to use it !!!

Cheers

Ivp

What's htr?

You threw them by calling it htr, not hta.

I ended up finding the new model hrm-run (the one with the red surround) on ebay a few months ago for $35. Â Unused.

Wow, that is awesome. I will keep a search on eBay and Gumtree but none yet

bang! i wasn't going to buy one, but that's cheap

Yes I was the same at $350

Cheers

Ivp

Still doesn't beat my 810 navigation bundle I got for $175 off some bloke on gumtree...

Deal of the yr!

looking for one of these for the wife's b'day, but the Amart site is now saying they are $399?

Hi just wondering if someone could tell me the best place to buy a garmin 920xt?

Cheers

Japay,

If you are still looking, check out Slane Cycles. They are doing the 920XT with running HRM for $445 at the moment for the next two weeks.

Edited by POT

I have a 920XT in perfect working order that you can have for $330. Anyone interested send me s DM.

I have a 920XT in perfect working order that you can have for $330. Anyone interested send me s DM.

Are u having another retirement sale rog ?

Sold abit of other stuff yesterday

Cheers

Ivp

Are u having another retirement sale rog ?

Sold abit of other stuff yesterday

Cheers

Ivp

Rog was give a Garmin 735Xt for posing and posting yoga shots.

#trilfe #simplyfaster #roadtosunnycoast #fitspo #follow4follow

looking for one of these for the wife's b'day, but the Amart site is now saying they are $399?

it was on their 1 day EOF specials list

The vivioactive HR is a cool toy - but now I need to hear my reading glasses everywhere in order to read the sucker :(

$100 off on Wahoo Snap is pretty good as well.

Edited by Rog