hacq1

HFLC ruined my life......

It's not. I don't chose to do it at the moment but it works. A chick. At work is 3 years in.

Has been a while since we all mass-debated over this topic! Can't be any more irritating than the Cranky update thread I guess!

• Like 4

Impossible for me. I have a stay at home wife who prepares most meals and won't get off the low fat idea.

I try, but just too hard.

• Like 1

Unsustainable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What happened? What was ruined?

He lost a fck load of weight and his mrs was scared he'd run away with the secretary at work so she started leaving cupcakes around the house

• Like 4

He lost a fck load of weight and his mrs was scared he'd run away with the secretary at work so she started leaving cupcakes around the house

Or, his Mrs was on it, lost a load of weight and decided the pool was overdue for a clean?

• Like 1

Just to keep this HFLC thread going

I got my lowest fat % reading this week

Just saying

Cheers

Ivp

• Like 2

Or, his Mrs was on it, lost a load of weight and decided the pool was overdue for a clean?

It's never a good sign when a married lady goes from not so wow to WOW

cheers

Ivp

I got my lowest fat % reading this week

Eating or carrying?

• Like 1

Eating or carrying?

Carrying , I eat a fair bit of fat but I also eat lots of other stuff

Thinking about it probably eating more % of fat than ever as I havnt had any real sugar since ultraman as I'm not training "much"

Cheers

Ivp

• Like 1

What about that egg shortage eh?

My chooks have laid 1 egg in the last month. Bloody Freeloaders.

A friend with 30 chickens is getting about 2 a day.

We get free organic eggs every week. My neighbour works in the countryside and the owner of the office has some chickens. My neighbour is allergic to eggs, bad for her, good for us :)

I've got a gay mate that I work with who has been chowing down on fat for years and I wouldn't call him healthy looking. He looks damaged if I'm being honest.

• Like 3

I am not sure what HFLC stands for. As "Hacq1" started this thread, I guess the H stands for Hacq. I'll have a stab then....

* Hacq Finishers Long Courses

Hacq Fu**n Likes Calories

Any others ??

FM

• Like 2

About time there was some life bought back into this place. Well done people

• Like 2

About time there was some life bought back into this place. Well done people

Just to confirm only I was on the diet.

The Mrs is a vego and was keen for me to get back to carbs.

I didn't run away with the secretary as its a dude, although that could explain the I love c#%k comment.

Our current house doesn't have a pool although we r moving back to our other place that does so will keep a close eye on who comes and goes.

And yes it's totally unsustainable for the majority. A balanced diet is not.

• Like 2

Unsustainable does not mean you have to be perfect 100% of the time.

If you had to be 100% then anything called "diet" even if you say its balanced is unsustainable.

Pretty much. The argument could be 'but there's so much to choose from' but in reality the majority are time poor and this way of living requires a lot of preparation and dedication to achieve long term.

The restriction of choice leads to lack of self drive which makes it quite easy to "fall off the wagon".

Hey I'm all for this as a kick in the arse kind of diet, it worked for me and opened my eyes as to what's good vs bad. I've never dieted before and this has shown me what can be achieved but the problem is that once u have reached those goals the effort to try and maintain it (especially when not training) are very difficult. It then becomes quite depressing watching the weight pile back on after all that hard work.

Hacq Finds Little Choice...

FM

Unless John West releases more choices in their tinned Tuna range I'm out.

I feel like you have about the same mental capacity as a tin of tuna if you can't come up with at least half a dozen different lunch options.

And yes it's totally unsustainable for the majority. A balanced diet is not.

I'm what most people would consider HFLC but I also consider it balanced. I guess it's all relative but I'm going on 3.5 years now.

I still eat plenty of carbs by way of vegetables and a bit of fruit, but way fewer carbs than the average joe scoffing cakes and sandwiches at work, biscuits and chips as a snack and potato/rice/pasta most nights for dinner.

I'm not trying to convert anyone, just offering the option that lowering carbs and increasing fat doesn't necessarily mean being unbalanced, just a bit more selective.

And sorry, I won't post any serious posts here in the future :)

• Like 1

Improving your diet quality not you diet. Eat less crap and replace it with better option is a good starting point. As Trinube says swapping the bread, pasta and rice for vegetables and fruit is spot on.

Has been a while since we all mass-debated over this topic! Can't be any more irritating than the Cranky update thread I guess!

I was thinking after this weekend, no more updates to the Cranky Update thread.. but what if she qualifies for Kona? If she does I'm moving to Slowtwitch.

• Like 2

I feel like you have about the same mental capacity as a tin of tuna if you can't come up with at least half a dozen different lunch options.

Sometimes you are just nasty. Probably right but still nasty.

And fat!

I was thinking after this weekend, no more updates to the Cranky Update thread.. but what if she qualifies for Kona? If she does I'm moving to Slowtwitch.

Big call but understandable

It could be worse. We could be hearing from a bloke who raced 40mim faster from Cairns to Port while doing hflc and getting to raceday as lean as he has been in year, telling us about how it ruined his life.

• Like 1

40' would have been sub and I blame HFLC for that [emoji23]

Attributing his performance to diet alone is unfair on both his coach and his own effort to own the goal and get it done. Who's to say the same amount of motivation, good coaching and a healthy diet, regardless of it being high in fat and low in carb, wouldn't have achieved the same thing?

I tend to agree that a HFLC diet is not sustainable purely due to most people circumstances and generally what's available to eat when you don't have the time to prepare it yourself. It gets harder if you need to take others needs into consideration as well, something that I can completely relate to having to accommodate wife and daughter in the mix.

• Like 1

Rog diet is part of the process. To me it is as important as getting a good coach and sticking to it is a major part of owning the goal.

People don't give diet the importance it deserves when trying to achieve their goals.

Rog diet is part of the process. To me it is as important as getting a good coach and sticking to it is a major part of owning the goal.

People don't give diet the importance it deserves when trying to achieve their goals.

Yeah I never said it wasn't I just question whether it is "the" diet or just "a" diet.

Ive always been eating "well" compared to a lot of people.

Ive never seen improvement like i did once I switched. I wouldn't say I made it to the start if any of the last 3 races in the shape I would have hoped for but Ive blown previous results out of the park.

I know consistant training will see results but this improvement was definitely thanks mostly to "the" diet

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

As someone who has seen results first hand using this way of eating I see it from both sides. For me it's a great tool to use leading into major events to give that 'edge'. For the remainder of the year I just try to remain conscious of what I put in my mouth and am trying to ATM not beat myself up about not maintaining an ideal weight as that is unachievable for me anyway.

This is the opposite of my experience. I dropped 10kgs doing hflc 6 days a week and being more lax on Sunday when I was dong zero training (I was commuting15km each way to work most days). When I started to actually train in terms of adding volume/intensity I started adding carbs back in a more traditional way for recovery and pre fueling and weight climbed again. Just need to try and find the balance between the two...