Mjainoz

Cairns 2016 Roll Call

Ironman AP have just tweeted 'Snappy TV' asking for technical help.

Whats the link to the other site that usually does the timing splits?

Seriously people pay $1000 and their families can't even follow them.

Just read this in the blog.

We do know Luke McKenzie has lost his timing chip so don't get fooled if you see Luke's name drop off the timing charts.

So how many are still pushing for DQ for this?

How about the hospital. How was that ? :).

Cranky. Want to qualify. Be prepared to go to hospital and have to escape your room to get to roll down !! GE style ;)

Haha, well you just do what it takes!

Plus, the drip's great for recovery! :thumbsup:.

• Like 1

Why the heck isn't the tracker showing it in placing order? I got guys who swam 50's ahead of the pro's who swam 46's. Seems there must have been a hell of a pack in the swim together.

Tracker is working for me

Not for me. Oh well. Back to building the fence.

The thing that everyone wants to know today....will Bek Keat finish? :shock:

Tracker was working for me. Now everything seems to have been zero'd.

Same here.

Call out there for all trannies watching to give updates on competing trannies as they can.

Andrew #1.

70.3 number 3124

ok - update on my race goals - contra my signature below - hall of mirrors time:

swim - 31 mins

T1 - loong run - 5 mins

Bike - 3:10 hrs

T2 - 3 mins

Run - 2:29 hrs, ;)

Good luck everyone

Not quite there in the swim, but nailed the bike with a 3:04.

Swim - 35:39

T1 - 7:18

Ride - 3:04:36

T2 - 4:01

Well done Andrew, and bring it home on the run.

Interesting to note the tracker seems to be working perfectly OK for the half.

• Like 2

Cranky in 6th in her AG at the 69km turn. A minute behind 5th, and closing quick.

Where would she need to finish for a spot? (Assuming no roll downs or extras), ie, how many kq spots in her ag?

Where would she need to finish for a spot? (Assuming no roll downs or extras), ie, how many kq spots in her ag?

My guess would be 3 spots.

44 starters, so I would imagine 2 or 3 slots.

In to 4th at the 82km mark. 10min down on the leader, 7, to 2nd & 6 to 3rd. Her last split was as fast or faster than all those close to her or in front.

Are we getting excited!

And word is PJ has run out of steam on the bike and dropping back quickly. Sigh.

In to 4th at the 82km mark. 10min down on the leader, 7, to 2nd & 6 to 3rd. Her last split was as fast or faster than all those close to her or in front.

Are we getting excited!

Howd she get so far behind? Is that real time or accounting for rolling start? Did she start later?

(Ive picked up Crankys questioning disease.....)

Hows everyone else going?

Maybe the girl leading is just faster?

Quick 70.3 race report.

Well that was one of the most miserable races I have done.

I've been sick with a tummy bug so I was glad to finish. Had enough lomitol to make things concrete.

The swim was ok - I like it rough :) xpt I got a bit sick and a kick in the guts (already sore) wasn't fun.

Bike was good. But di2 went wacko and I could get gears at times in last 30 ks and dropped chain (rain??). Was solo most of the way and found little in the way of legal drafting packs etc for me. There was some happening but I rode through them. (I started back in the swim )

Run was a nightmare. My stomach has been sore to touch for days. It hurt as soon as I started running. Could not take in any nutrition nor fluid. Decided to just shuffle. And than need short walks anyhow. At least the lomitol worked and no loo stops! If it was hot I would not have finished.

So. 5th in my old man age group. 55+

swim 34:57 (6th)

Ride 2:32:56 (2nd)

And a painful 1:56:27 in the run (15th).

5:12 all up and the first time I've been over 5 hours ever ....

Oh well. At least I had a sunny coast spot prior :)

Edited by Mjainoz
  • Like 6

Cranky in 6th in her AG at the 69km turn. A minute behind 5th, and closing quick.

Don't you mean 6th in the Pro's or 6th overall...? :) what am I missing?

Quick 70.3 race report.

Well that was one of the most miserable races I have done.

I've been sick with a tummy bug so I was glad to finish. Had enough lomitol to make things concrete.

The swim was ok - I like it rough :) xpt I got a bit sick and a kick in the guts (already sore) wasn't fun.

Bike was good. But di2 went wacko and I could get gears at times in last 30 ks and dropped chain (rain??). Was solo most of the way and found little in the way of legal drafting packs etc for me. There was some happening but I rode through them. (I started back in the swim )

Run was a nightmare. My stomach has been sore to touch for days. It hurt as soon as I started running. Could not take in any nutrition nor fluid. Decided to just shuffle. And than need short walks anyhow. At least the lomitol worked and no loo stops! If it was hot I would not have finished.

So. 5th in my old man age group. 55+

swim 34:57 (6th)

Ride 2:32:56 (2nd)

And a painful 1:56:27 in the run (15th).

5:12 all up and the first time I've been over 5 hours ever ....

Oh well. At least I had a sunny coast spot prior :)

Well done mate on starting

What happened to the di2?

Do you have heat srink on the joins?

Maybe just the battery Bing flat?

Cheers

Ivp

Maybe the girl leading is just faster?

Yeah, but was thinking the comments were that Cranky was gaining fast. Just wondered what made her be so far behind if she was faster (made up word) enough to be "gaining fast"

Don't you mean 6th in the Pro's or 6th overall...? :) what am I missing?

Cranky. Not Corky......or "Blocky"

Well done mate on starting

What happened to the di2?

Do you have heat srink on the joins?

Maybe just the battery Bing flat?

Cheers

Ivp

Battery was charged prior to racking.

I have some aftermarket hack buttons. Maybe that - will need to check

Tomorrows worry :).

Was a bit silly to start but all costs were non refundable.

• Like 1

Meanwhile in the pros, Berkel leading the men, with Dellow into second, McKenzie dropping back to third and reading that Fettell has pulled out.

Battery was charged prior to racking.

I have some aftermarket hack buttons. Maybe that - will need to check

Tomorrows worry :).

Was a bit silly to start but all costs were non refundable.

Mine was the same mate happened before as well. We need to work on waterproofing those buttons.

• Like 1

Yeah, but was thinking the comments were that Cranky was gaining fast. Just wondered what made her be so far behind if she was faster (made up word) enough to be "gaining fast"

Gaining fast on the girl directly in front of her. What I didn't see was the other girl that was way down in the swim, but rode 5:14. 18 minute lead over Cranky at T2.

Van Berkel is running the fastest on the course - his last km was 4:28 ahead of Dellow's with 4:43 but Jacobs is running 4:30 pace
  • Like 1

Timmy van B just ran past my unit with 600m to go. Looked like he was having a Sunday afternoon jog. Too easy!!

Well done -

Now for Kona!

• Like 1

Not quite there in the swim, but nailed the bike with a 3:04.

Â

Swim - 35:39

T1 - 7:18

Ride - 3:04:36

T2 - 4:01

Â

Well done Andrew, and bring it home on the run.

Â

Â

Interesting to note the tracker seems to be working perfectly OK for the half.

Brought it home with a 2:50:00 run. I had nothing left at the end. So much for a sub 2:30. All those sub 1:45 splits really do feel the 25 years ago that they were, lol. Seriously I'm a fat bastard and I'm just not going to end another HIM until I'm well under 90kg and my half marathon is back under 1:55. It just too hard on my body at 93-95kg. Good news is that the treatment on my hip flexor and glut min tendon worked well - no real problems or complaints on that front, soo there is just no excuse not to focus on running through winter!

Swim was long - the organisers forgot to place the far 70.3 turn buoys out so we ended up swimming another 200M around the first lap of the IM course. Also choppy. That being said - I was shit. Couldn't get going and my avg of 16:30 per km + is just pathetic. Serves myself right for taking an overly relaxed approach to swim training, especially winterfish this year. Lesson learnt!

Bike was fine. Right on schedule. No near misses. Both transitions were long, so even though I missed my goals I wasn't fracking around!

Overall, happy but with lots of work to do on the run and weight wise (although I have lost 5kg since January so I've just got t keep it going over winter - sub 90kg here I come, lol)

Cheers and thanks for all your best wishes.

Andrew out

Edited by Andrew #1
  • Like 8

Well done Andrew. Chip away at that weight. I work on a kg is about 2.5 secs a km in pace. Go get it!

Well done Andrew. Chip away at that weight. I work on a kg is about 2.5 secs a km in pace. Go get it!

Thanks mate - and well done on what was a tough day, especially given your tummy issues.

BTW -I actually reckon that 1Kg is worth about 8 seconds per 1km for me, as when I'm losing weight I'm usually stepping up the run training and so get a double benefit vis. power to weight!

BTW - those 808s I brought off you worked a treat. I'm still surprised you gave them up for such a bargain ... :)

Edited by Andrew #1

I had the lucky 4s! 4:44:44 overall, 38:30 rough swim, 2:22 testing the new bike (I like, vector pm too low over cooked it) 1:36 run, not the run I had hoped for but not a bad day out.

• Like 6

Andrew, you finished, that's the main thing. Time to work on another stuff can wait a couple of weeks, enjoy now what you've just done, not what could/should have been. That way lies frustration.

• Like 3

Bulldog just won his age group 9:28 45-49 6 or maybe 7th Kona dance yeehaaaaaaa

• Like 5

Andrew, you finished, that's the main thing. Time to work on another stuff can wait a couple of weeks, enjoy now what you've just done, not what could/should have been. That way lies frustration.

agreed - just putting down my thoughts before I forget ;) I've got a lovely home invasion trial and then a robbery trial to follow to keep me occupied for the next month -

Followed by a boozy week on Hamilton Island!

:)