Peter

Important information about Triathlon Australia Membership

Have you got auto renewal turned on?

Maybe you do, maybe you don't.

If you do, it will charge you on 1st July.

If you planned on switching clubs you need to turn off this option before June 30 or you will be forced into being a member of that club once again.

So my tip is, stop the option now.

https://passport.active.com/oauth2/authorize?client_id=6f8f00f5-c780-4d7e-b23f-8724f300488a&response_type=token&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fmemberportal.active.com%2F&force_redirect=false

Sign in

Then click TURN OFF AUTO-RENEW

Then when 1 July rolls around, just join again as the club you want to be a member of.

Worst case, I suggest checking.

• Like 1

Thanks, same for me. Seems there is no equivalent to TA here in Vietnam ;-). Still have a race license for The Netherlands though!

Thanks for the tip, this will be the first year in many that I'm not a member of TA

But oldave you're the only reason I join TA...

• Like 1

Jeeze I must be a smart cookie! Cause I just checked and mine was already set to Off, for me and my kids. First time I've ever been on the ball.....

I did it a while ago after I was not sure which club I was going to join for 16/17...

Jeeze I must be a smart cookie! Â Cause I just checked and mine was already set to Off, for me and my kids. Â First time I've ever been on the ball.....

Everyone with a family membership has their auto renewal off

Â

If you planned on switching clubs you need to turn off this option before June 30 or you will be forced into being a member of that club once again.

Â

Worst case, I suggest checking.

Much of a drama queen mate? Or if you would like to change clubs and have auto renewal on you could just ask and the club you wish to leave to refund your club membership and then you could just join the club you would like. But yes, it would be easier to turn off auto renewal before the end of June

Talk about an over-reaction. Guy tries to give a valid warning to avoid extra admin for the athlete and the club and that's the response?

• Like 3

Everyone with a family membership has their auto renewal off

wasn't a family membership. Kids each joined up at different times.

Talk about an over-reaction. Guy tries to give a valid warning to avoid extra admin for the athlete and the club and that's the response?

Also extra money for the club, because Active charges on refunds as well! So either the club absorbs the transaction fee or passes it on to the member by giving a reduced refund. That was one thing we had an issue with last year, as people leave for a multitude of reasons :)

• Like 2

Much of a drama queen mate? Or if you would like to change clubs and have auto renewal on you could just ask and the club you wish to leave to refund your club membership and then you could just join the club you would like. But yes, it would be easier to turn off auto renewal before the end of June

There are easy ways to do things and hard ways.

By unticking the option and then joining where you want on july 1 is much easier than getting several people involved in doing a transfer and refund.

The easiest option would be having the ability to change your club now and officially becoming a member on july 1.

Anyway its just a warning. You do what you want James. It's totally your decision.

Is it still farked up in IOS, I just tried to turn it off and let's me log in but gives a blank screen once there.

This really s a disgraceful policy to get members, surely it's better to have people want to join and take an action to do so, then rely on auto renew and pray people just shrug there shoulders when it goes through. Only person I've ever heard like this was a cashed up exec earning $400k a year.... Thought it was great, saved his secretary time.....

I just got an email saying my 2014-15 membership had expired and to setup my 2015-16 membership....we are now addressing with Triathlon NSW.

Maybe they don't want me :shy:

Is it still farked up in IOS, I just tried to turn it off and let's me log in but gives a blank screen once there.

This really s a disgraceful policy to get members, surely it's better to have people want to join and take an action to do so, then rely on auto renew and pray people just shrug there shoulders when it goes through. Only person I've ever heard like this was a cashed up exec earning $400k a year.... Thought it was great, saved his secretary time.....

not quite earning 400k a year but I don't mind the auto renew, I know i'll do plenty of races next year and its one more thing I don't have to sort before I do the first race of the year.

• Like 1

I dont mind the concept. They tell you about it. And its not the only thing that auto renews in life.

Auto renew makes sense if your one of those that races a lot.

I totally agree but how many are paying without knowing.

It makes sense for people who still do triathlon. Most people on here are too busy talking about the good old days to play triathlon anymore.

• Like 2

Thanks Pete. Does this mean you're changing clubs? Haha.

The auto renew is a good thing for us who still compete. As Ruley says, it's one less thing to worry about.

FYI, in the good old days getting your TA renewal done by snail mail was farked and took ages. You couldn't renew before 1 July and TA's office staff would get swamped with mail and they took most of July and August to process new memberships and renewals. For the athlete it was a pain especially if they were trying to enter the early season races. Keep in mind that this was the same period of time that race directors were demanding to see TA licences at registration to ensure athletes were TA members. All to satisfy insurance requirements.

Anyway, auto renewal is good, just remember to turn it off when you retire.

It makes sense for people who still do triathlon. Most people on here are too busy talking about the good old days to play triathlon anymore.

I'm changing clubs, and my credit card number got compromised :(

I'm changing clubs, and my credit card number got compromised :(

I assume you wont be changing clubs every year? If thats the case the auto renew will work well for you next year.

No idea what to say re your card being compromised.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The auto renew is good but if you aren't needed the licence until Jan why pay in july? Save the dollars and pay before your first race.