I arrived in Canberra yesterday arvo so missed it by a whisker. Wife is down here for work so myself and little miss 6 followed for some sightseeing on school holidays. We are staying at tuggeranong, I'm going to look to do parts of that course for a 16km run Wednesday morning. Hopefully don't get lost. Had an easy 6km this morning around the lake. -3 a bit different to the usual training runs in the Gold Coast ?

• Like 1

It's a pity you didn't make it PTT it was a great morning for it.  Very runnable trails and a reasonably fast course for a trail run.  I managed a 1:34:10 and it was a tad over 20kms.  There's no real creek crossings so you shouldn't have to worry about wet feet unless you get a heap of rain.

If you want a nice easy short run, the first loop of the 'Cotter Canter' course is a good one.  The second part is hilly and more of a true trail run.

https://au.srichinmoyraces.org/canberratrailruns/previous-results

The next trail race is the 'Gungahlin Gallop' 30km & 10km.

Got out this morning and went for an easy 9km around Urambi Hill. Maps.Me was my friend as even though it was very open, I struggled to spot some trail heads in some places and took a while to realise I was looking for gates half the time. Nice scenery though! 

IMG_5360.JPG

On ‎3‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:03 PM, Go Easy said:

The next trail race (in Canberra) is the 'Gungahlin Gallop' 30km & 10km.

Yet another great trail run in a nice part of the world.  You ACT folks are spoilt!

• Like 1

Just put this on a thread in Trichat, but am feeling generous so I thought I'd share it here.

The Wagga Wagga Trail Marathon running festival is on this coming weekend (sorry about the late notice) and there's something for everyone.  http://www.waggatrailmarathon.com/

We've still got a couple of rooms free (nothing flash) so might be able to offer you a free bunk for the night if you get in quick - and plenty of floor space if you don't.  All you'll be up for is your entry in one of the events (1.5, 5, 10, 21, 42km, KOM or MTB Marathon) and your transport out here.  Some of you know where I live, but for others that don't and are keen, just send me a message and I'll let you know my address and some details of the weekend.

Note - I'll be fairly busy doing the 10k event on Saturday, the 21k on Sunday and helping out marking and marshalling the courses over most of the weekend, so you'll need to be able to look after yourself.

• Like 3

Glad Wonderland was not on the weekend just past, lots of snow on the trail at the moment still after a substantial dump for the region over the weekend.  

less than 4 days at work and then heading up there, looking at 2 - 12 degrees for the weekend with little chance of rain so looking a bit better than last year

On 21 August 2017 at 10:22 AM, Cottoneyes said:

Glad Wonderland was not on the weekend just past, lots of snow on the trail at the moment still after a substantial dump for the region over the weekend.  

less than 4 days at work and then heading up there, looking at 2 - 12 degrees for the weekend with little chance of rain so looking a bit better than last year

And we got a sprinkling of snow on the slowest 36km runners, which is getting close to my dream of snow up on the Pinnacle for all the 20km and 36km runners to see. (So long as it doesn't come with wind)

• Like 1

The family are heading down to UTA next year. Wife did the 100 this year and will do it again but not enter until closer to the date as she always ends up injured if enters too early. 

I am going to do the 22 as someone needs to look after Miss 6. 

Should be a good week! 

Think I read yesterday UTA 100 and 50 are sold out, limited 22 entries still available.  It's on my bucket list, once life settles down and I get back into some regular training without medical interupptions, UTA 50 is definitely on the list in the next year or 2

Signed up for the UTA 50. Suspect I should do some training for that one.

On 4 October 2017 at 7:26 PM, Stem said:

Signed up for the UTA 50. Suspect I should do some training for that one.

yes. Stadium running training.

The Hume & Hovell Trail Runs are on again at Tumbarumba this coming weekend.

http://humehovellultra.com/

There are 22km, 50km, 100km, 100 Miler and Relay options for anyone that's keen on a bit of casual off-road action.  Entries close tonight (sorry about the late notice, but I've been a bit absent lately).  You can camp at the start/finish area so it's cheap weekend away in the bush if you don't mind roughing it a bit.

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 2:57 PM, lawman said:

We're going back next year. Liz to beat the miler and me to put a team together for the relay. Might be a chance to podium if there is only one team again! Are you interested in joininmg a relay team?

Forgot all about this...  I haven't entered anything yet as I'm a bit broken again and was waiting to see if they had enough volunteers.  Thought that I might cruise the 22km again if feeling up to it but could probably struggle through 25km if needed.

Sharpies Beer Run on St Paddies Day next year opened their entries.  Good run with 10km or 21km options on trails down at Arthurs Seat on the Mornington Peninsula.  Aid stations on the course stocked with some beer if you want a real challenge

http://trailology.com.au/events/

11 hours ago, Go Easy said:

The Hume & Hovell Trail Runs are on again at Tumbarumba this coming weekend.

http://humehovellultra.com/

There are 22km, 50km, 100km, 100 Miler and Relay options for anyone that's keen on a bit of casual off-road action.  Entries close tonight (sorry about the late notice, but I've been a bit absent lately).  You can camp at the start/finish area so it's cheap weekend away in the bush if you don't mind roughing it a bit.

Forgot all about this...  I haven't entered anything yet as I'm a bit broken again and was waiting to see if they had enough volunteers.  Thought that I might cruise the 22km again if feeling up to it but could probably struggle through 25km if needed.

Hey mate,

Not heading down this year.  Liz broke seven bones in her foot while on a training run on Mt Solitary in June and has had to pull out of the miler, races in NZ and India and the Great Southern Endurance Run.  Pins come out this Friday and training starts as soon as possible after that.   She's like a bear with a sore head at the moment. 

Will be back for H&H next year, its a great low key event in a pretty speccy  part of the world.   Enjoy the weekend.

Cheers

R

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

Sharpies Beer Run on St Paddies Day next year opened their entries.  Good run with 10km or 21km options on trails down at Arthurs Seat on the Mornington Peninsula.  Aid stations on the course stocked with some beer if you want a real challenge

http://trailology.com.au/events/

The Bar Opens at 9.00am along with the Registrations, and they have Beer at the Aid Stations...  Now we're talkin! :lol:.

2 hours ago, lawman said:

Hey mate,

Not heading down this year.  Liz broke seven bones in her foot while on a training run on Mt Solitary in June and has had to pull out of the miler, races in NZ and India and the Great Southern Endurance Run.  Pins come out this Friday and training starts as soon as possible after that.   She's like a bear with a sore head at the moment. 

Will be back for H&H next year, its a great low key event in a pretty speccy  part of the world.   Enjoy the weekend.

Bugger!  What's the chances...  When I said I'm broken again I've got what I think is a stress fracture in my 2nd Metatarsal (toe).  Over the past 3 weeks I've only done a 3km, a 4km and a 5km run and thought that it was coming along alright.  I did just over 10km tonight to test it a bit and have pulled up lame so I probably won't be doing anything either.  Am tempted to have a go anyway, but don't really want to jeopardise some other events that I have coming up in the next couple of months.

Good luck with the bear and her recovery, I hope it all goes well for her and that she's back enjoying the trails again soon!

On 10/11/2017 at 10:07 PM, Go Easy said:

Bugger!  What's the chances...  When I said I'm broken again I've got what I think is a stress fracture in my 2nd Metatarsal (toe).  Over the past 3 weeks I've only done a 3km, a 4km and a 5km run and thought that it was coming along alright.  I did just over 10km tonight to test it a bit and have pulled up lame so I probably won't be doing anything either.  Am tempted to have a go anyway, but don't really want to jeopardise some other events that I have coming up in the next couple of months.

Good luck with the bear and her recovery, I hope it all goes well for her and that she's back enjoying the trails again soon!

Not been on here much and what do I see ^^^^  this  = not good  - get better 

On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:43 PM, Mjainoz said:

Not been on here much and what do I see ^^^^  this  = not good  - get better 

Cheers, I saw the Doctor (another runner) on Monday and she thinks it's more likely to be tendon damage rather than a stress fracture due to it's location.  I've had an x-ray, which she thinks probably won't show anything anyway, and has suggested just self regulating and taking it easy for a while...  Could be worse!  :huh:.

• Like 1