I arrived in Canberra yesterday arvo so missed it by a whisker. Wife is down here for work so myself and little miss 6 followed for some sightseeing on school holidays. We are staying at tuggeranong, I'm going to look to do parts of that course for a 16km run Wednesday morning. Hopefully don't get lost. Had an easy 6km this morning around the lake. -3 a bit different to the usual training runs in the Gold Coast ?

• Like 1

Go Easy    1,216

It's a pity you didn't make it PTT it was a great morning for it.  Very runnable trails and a reasonably fast course for a trail run.  I managed a 1:34:10 and it was a tad over 20kms.  There's no real creek crossings so you shouldn't have to worry about wet feet unless you get a heap of rain.

If you want a nice easy short run, the first loop of the 'Cotter Canter' course is a good one.  The second part is hilly and more of a true trail run.

https://au.srichinmoyraces.org/canberratrailruns/previous-results

The next trail race is the 'Gungahlin Gallop' 30km & 10km.

Got out this morning and went for an easy 9km around Urambi Hill. Maps.Me was my friend as even though it was very open, I struggled to spot some trail heads in some places and took a while to realise I was looking for gates half the time. Nice scenery though! 

IMG_5360.JPG

Go Easy    1,216
On ‎3‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:03 PM, Go Easy said:

The next trail race (in Canberra) is the 'Gungahlin Gallop' 30km & 10km.

Yet another great trail run in a nice part of the world.  You ACT folks are spoilt!

• Like 1

Go Easy    1,216

Just put this on a thread in Trichat, but am feeling generous so I thought I'd share it here.

The Wagga Wagga Trail Marathon running festival is on this coming weekend (sorry about the late notice) and there's something for everyone.  http://www.waggatrailmarathon.com/

We've still got a couple of rooms free (nothing flash) so might be able to offer you a free bunk for the night if you get in quick - and plenty of floor space if you don't.  All you'll be up for is your entry in one of the events (1.5, 5, 10, 21, 42km, KOM or MTB Marathon) and your transport out here.  Some of you know where I live, but for others that don't and are keen, just send me a message and I'll let you know my address and some details of the weekend.

Note - I'll be fairly busy doing the 10k event on Saturday, the 21k on Sunday and helping out marking and marshalling the courses over most of the weekend, so you'll need to be able to look after yourself.

• Like 3

Cottoneyes    798

Glad Wonderland was not on the weekend just past, lots of snow on the trail at the moment still after a substantial dump for the region over the weekend.  

less than 4 days at work and then heading up there, looking at 2 - 12 degrees for the weekend with little chance of rain so looking a bit better than last year

rohan    64
On 21 August 2017 at 10:22 AM, Cottoneyes said:

Glad Wonderland was not on the weekend just past, lots of snow on the trail at the moment still after a substantial dump for the region over the weekend.  

less than 4 days at work and then heading up there, looking at 2 - 12 degrees for the weekend with little chance of rain so looking a bit better than last year

And we got a sprinkling of snow on the slowest 36km runners, which is getting close to my dream of snow up on the Pinnacle for all the 20km and 36km runners to see. (So long as it doesn't come with wind)

• Like 1