Ironnerd

Wiggle Nutrition

Used them on the weekend for my long ride. A bit watery and only 20g of carbs but they taste alright and no GI issues. Mind you I can drink beer and wine in a long course race without problems so that may not say much about them from that perspective.

Had some of their gels and tasted rank. I can't stand gels at the best of times though.

cheap for a reason, they don't declare any useful nutrition information.

On the protein all they say is 'fast acting protein' but at 26% protein, hmmmm Milo would be better

• Like 2

I'm nearly out of Nuun and pretty tempted to try the Wiggle tabs next time.

FP. You know any Zipfit stockists over there that Ship to Aus?

Wiggle use to! :(

cheap for a reason, they don't declare any useful nutrition information.

On the protein all they say is 'fast acting protein' but at 26% protein, hmmmm Milo would be better

On the web site they give the nutrition information. Per 100g there is 26g of protein, 63g carb (of which 55g is sugar)
Banana Chocolate Strawberry
Per 100g Per Serving Per 100g Per Serving Per 100g Per Serving
Energy (kj) 1547 1021 1508 996 1548 1022
Energy (kCal) 364 240 356 235 364 241
Fat (g) 0.5 0.3 1.2 0.8 0.6 0.4
of Which Saturates (g) 0.3 0.2 0.7 0.5 0.4 0.3
Carbohydrates (g) 63 41 59 39 63 41
of Which Sugars (g) 55 36 47 31 54 36
Protein (g) 26 17 26 17 26 17
Salt (g) 1.4 0.9 2.4 1.6 1.3 0.89
Edited by Ironnerd

FP. You know any Zipfit stockists over there that Ship to Aus?

Wiggle use to! :(

Not offhand but I will have a look later :)

Tryline,

It looks like CRC and Ribblke stock it but I can't fool the server into thinking I'm from Oz, so I'm not sure if they deliver there or not. CRC says 'Delivery to UK' but it says the same if I select a cassette, so not 100% sure.

Ribble quote shipping to Europe but no details beyond that.

Hmm interesting.

I have looked at those sites but they only seem to have end of line stuff. Like its not getting stocked again. Not sure if the company is on the way out or not??

I emailed Zipfit a couple of weeks ago and they said they dont have an Aus stockists.

Edit. Ok a check of ribble and its all sweet again. Must have got some more stock! 51grams of carbs in Rhubarb and Custard here we come!

Edited by Tryline

I'm nearly out of Nuun and pretty tempted to try the Wiggle tabs next time.

I use the High 5 zero tabs from wiggle which are bout the same price as Wiggle version. Tropical and Berry flavours go down well

• Like 1

I use the High 5 zero tabs from wiggle which are bout the same price as Wiggle version. Tropical and Berry flavours go down well

Same

Thanks Paul. One thing I like about Nuun is the mild taste . I really like the Grape flavour, I also liked the Lemon Tea from Nuun but it used to fizz longer than the others. I don't like High 5 gels as I find them too sweet for me, how is taste with the tabs?

Thanks Paul. One thing I like about Nuun is the mild taste . I really like the Grape flavour, I also liked the Lemon Tea from Nuun but it used to fizz longer than the others. I don't like High 5 gels as I find them too sweet for me, how is taste with the tabs?

I'm also not a fan of the gels but find the tablets not sweet (they are zero sugar) use one tab for a mild taste on a day to day basis and two when running longer distances to quench thirst

I'm also not a fan of the gels but find the tablets not sweet (they are zero sugar) use one tab for a mild taste on a day to day basis and two when running longer distances to quench thirst

Thanks. Since not doing tri any more I've mixed things up on the bike now. For years I was a Hammer user but then went to Torq but never really found a gel or sports drink I was totally happy with away from Hammer. Now my go to bar is Cliff (anything except the Oatmeal as it is a bit dry) and instead of gels I use Cliff Shot Blocks for longer rides. Hydration is now two bottles, one has Nuun and the other straight water. Tabs are easier to carry than powder. This combo works well for me.

Shorter rides these days are mostly water and banana.