Positive test...

True Dinks

Does anyone know who this athlete may be:

http://firstoffthebike.com/news/blog/the-crank-105/

2. We have heard whispers of a positive A sample returned by an Australian professional this week. While we won’t name names just yet we contacted ASADA and TA. ASADA did respond with “ASADA cannot confirm or deny the possible existence of any investigation as to do so may prejudice any investigation or subsequent legal proceedings, or unfairly affect the commercial or personal reputation of an organisation or individual.” TA refused to comment. There will be more to this in the coming days.

Can DM me so we don't give Roxi a heart attack by saying someones name :)

Cheers

Whoever it is, its sad that an athlete did the wrong thing and a coach and other training partners will also come under suspicion.

All because one athlete did the wrong thing.

Imagine the damage it would do the jamie turners gong wizzards or brett suttons group.

I hope its not true.

Unless of course its a pom. Haha

Whoever it is, its sad that an athlete did the wrong thing and a coach and other training partners will also come under suspicion.

All because one athlete did the wrong thing.

Imagine the damage it would do the jamie turners gong wizzards or brett suttons group.

I hope its not true.

Unless of course its a pom. Haha

A quote to me from a triathlon coach (and cross country ski coach) before he blocked me:

"Doping is everywhere - doping is nowhere"

I don't think we should ever be surprised.

Who their coach is is out there on facebook, narrows it down to 2-3 females only

Is this the Melbourne based coach that posted last week?

just remember we are talking about human beings with feelings and sensitivities. whilst it may be ok to judge and persecute the person in question, these events take a huge toll on people's lives and some don't recover....

While that may be true Mick, perhaps if the perpetrators used their "feelings and sensitivities" earlier and took the time to think as to their actions effects by potentially robbing clean athletes of their livelihoods, results and all that goes along with that they surely should not have chosen the path they did.

While they may be deserving of some "help" they are not deserving of sympathy.

While that may be true Mick, perhaps if the perpetrators used their "feelings and sensitivities" earlier and took the time to think as to their actions effects by potentially robbing clean athletes of their livelihoods, results and all that goes along with that they surely should not have chosen the path they did.

Is there a way to like a post more than once?

lots of assumptions in your post pete. suffice to say we are talking hypotheticals.

The details will come out in the media soon enough. Trying to guess your way to a scoop is just gonna hurt the wrong people.

Agreed. I'm not interested in innuendo or rumours or whatever. But if someone is found guilty, then unless there is a VERY good argument otherwise, then they have made the wrong decisions. Even if they didn't end up denying others of an honest livelihood, they certainly tried.

Don't worry Mick I'm all for innocent till proven guilty.

Once guilty however I don't believe the sanctions are anywhere near strong enough.

How is it you are writting exactly what I'm thinking

Maybe it's because we both have bald heads LOL

Cheers

Ivp

Agreed. I'm not interested in innuendo or rumours or whatever. But if someone is found guilty, then unless there is a VERY good argument otherwise, then they have made the wrong decisions. Even if they didn't end up denying others of an honest livelihood, they certainly tried.

Spot on

I was just thinking while swimming , has there been anyone acually owned up after being busted and said yep you got me , I took the drugs

I'm sick to death of hearing, ooo it must of been in the meat or in the cough Meds I took etc

Cheers

Ivp

Ps Dont mention lance , he has ever tested positive

How is it you are writting exactly what I'm thinking

Maybe it's because we both have bald heads LOL

Cheers

Ivp

:lol:

The "universe" has a better line to our amygdala.

Exactly

Boo frickin Hoo [emoji1]

Spot on

I was just thinking while swimming , has there been anyone acually owned up after being busted and said yep you got me , I took the drugs

Ivp

Wendell Sailor

I think the time for blaming contaminated meat, cough syrup etc is long overdue. No-one can plead ignorance anymore. Same as missing a test. The same rules apply if I miss a deadline at work, with my tax or whatever. You cop a bollocking.

If they want to be professional, they should start acting in a professional manner. If that's too much for these people, they should be encouraged to find another outlet for their talents!

I think the time for blaming contaminated meat, cough syrup etc is long overdue. No-one can plead ignorance anymore. Same as missing a test. I'm absolutely sick of it, in all sports.

The same rules apply if I miss a deadline at work, with my tax or whatever. You cop a bollocking.

If they want to be professional, they should start acting in a truly professional manner. If that's too much for these people, they should be encouraged to find another outlet for their talents! Start doling out some lifetime bans - and holding to them - and we should see an improvement!!!!

Spot on

I'm sick to death of hearing, ooo it must of been in the meat or in the cough Meds I took etc

Cheers

Ivp

Martin Vinnicombe

Spot on

Cheers

Ivp

Stuey.

He admitted that he took PEDS. And the only time in his long & stellar career that he weakened & tried it, he was unlucky enough to get nabbed.

Stuey.

He admitted that he took PEDS. And the only time in his long & stellar career that he weakened & tried it, he was unlucky enough to get nabbed.

Yep

Poor bugger , he took it once and he must be the most unluckiest rider around getting nabbed years later LOL LOL LOL LOL

Cheers

Ivp

Sorry

I didn't mean no body has ever owned up its just the majority seem to Blame everything bar themselves

No idea what he's doing now but still think his "you think I could have won any of these medals against those blokes clean?" spray was one of the best of all time and highlights the murky world of elite sport and results for livelihood and the pressure to perform.

It's not like anyone's going to jail or anything...

They failed the test or not, they cheated or they didn't. At worst they need to find a new job for a couple years, if they are famous they can write a book about it and make some money. The cyclists come back as trainers, coaches and team directors all the time.

Unless your a world champ or record holder, is it really that big a deal?

The coach or the athlete? Or both...

I've heard the athletes last coach and athlete haven't been working together for over 12 months.

I believe but can't confirmed that they don't currently have a coach and hasn't for 12 or more months.

Once again I am only assuming who it is and have no actual knowledge who the person is. Just who I think it is.

Spot on

Cheers

Ivp

Millar and Kimmage

Millar and Kimmage

Used to think Dave was a prat and couldn't stand the level of conceit he had. Then I read his book, met him and had a chat. He is a bloke who is absolutely aware of what he did, was contrite about it and now lives to reform the sport ... inasmuch as one person can.

The only problem I had with him was his proximity to Armstrong and how he wouldn't shop him to the gear cops. There were too many other people implicated and he was too far conflicted.

However, I still love the story about how he turned up in Monaco and LA rang Millar's sister and told her he was being an utter d1ck! If anyone would know, it's Lance.

Stuey.

y

Stuey O - no credibility - one time my arse. He probably sits round a camp and says.....there was this one time....at band camp........ Etc.

just remember we are talking about human beings with feelings and sensitivities. whilst it may be ok to judge and persecute the person in question, these events take a huge toll on people's lives and some don't recover....

there's a simple fix, don't cheat.

Archived