goughy

Mizuno shoes?

So I think I'm up for some new shoes again. I'd like to support a particular store in town and one of their brands is Mizuno. The others are On, Altra, Hoka and Saloman. I love Altra's but can't wear them for running. Had On Cloudsurfers atm, am on my second pair as the lugs on my first pair pretty much disintegrated after 6 months and a little over 400k. The replacement pair are starting to go the same way at about the same distance. Don't think I'm prepared to try Hoka's yet....

I've had Mizuno wave precision before (forerunner to the Sayonara) which I liked but were a bit tight. But I see mizuno are now making some in 2E width, including the Wave Runner. So I'm just wondering on peeps thoughts on them? I certainly got 12+ months out of my last mizunos and more than twice the distance of the On's.

Yeah, I really like them. I have done about 800ks in mine, both on and of road and they are holding up strong. Comfy too.

I normally run in Saucony Kinvara and they would have stated to fall to bits by now. But I do love the Sauconys.

I love my Mizuno's -- usually now run in wave creations ( was wave riders before ) . Wiggle or Chain Reaction don't stock them anymore . Got my last pair off eBay ( new - they said they were an unwanted gift ) . There is another place in UK that have them .

Running Warehouse in the USA have them but no free postage .

I have wider feet but I now buy up a size as this seems to help in longer runs

I did buy a pair of Saucony recently but they gave both my feet blisters and something happened to my glute when I ran in them twice so I've gone back to Mizuno

I know u said u would like to support local but if they haven't got what u r after try this.

http://theactive.com.au/mizuno-amp-more?utm_source=the%20active&utm_group=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=46947&utm_content=163684&m_check=m_13269868_h_3ccb9faa42a3becc80b144b02f6186d6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually have wanted to try Nike frees for a long time but never got around to them. And there seem to be all these different model numbers and buggers me what they mean.

Copped out and bought some Free's - on special at rebel. I actually race in some Adidas adipures that I got off RBR (yes, still using them) and the Free's feel somewhere between them and more full on runners, which is kinda what I was after. They seem to push in in the right spot under my foot where I had the PF issues too. And while only a D width, they felt pretty good, in particular since I was wearing Altras to the shop but the Free's didn't feel to restrictive.

Well, I'm about as close to a non runner as a runner can get ;) . You'll certainly never find me in a gym though!

Edited by goughy

I've found Mizuno's quality in the last few years to be pretty poor! I can't comment on all their range; however the Wave Inspire's start falling apart after a month or so, and I do stuff all running these days! If you are a true D width they maybe OK but if your feet are even slightly wider than average (sides of shoe bulge out when you plant your foot), you'll end up with holes near the toe box very quickly!

My last pair were Wave Precision 13's, just before they were replaced by the Sayonara, which is now up to the third model. I see they now make a few models in 2E width, the D width of the WP's being a slight issue for me.

I go the Wave Riders for road stuff. Take some breaking in, but I'm a fan, I'm on my 3rd pair and get about 800km out of them. After wearing football(soccer) boots that are flat and snug for 30yrs, I'm pretty sure anything would feel comfy on my feet.

Cloud surfers, really bad design, i think i got 2 months out of mine before they gave up the ghost. And don't try and run on gravel roads with them. Tried the hoka's, way too narrow in the toe box, but bloody unreal cushioning. Eventually had to go back to the saucony triumph 11's.

Mizuno look good, be interested in a cushioning comparison against the triumph

I've been sparing with them. Never more than one short run a week, and often much less than that lately. Use them for under 10k races/tri's. One pair retired, one on the way and one still surviving!

Actually, I'm finding the Free's are somewhere between these guys (adidas adipure) and normal running shoes.

It shows you how badly I felt the cloudsurfers lasted, when I'm only getting sub 400k out of a pair. For a tight arse, that's not happy days.

Is this a good price for Mizuno at the moment? I'm looking at buying 2 pair and specifically the Hitogami.

http://www.paulswarehouse.com.au/storefront/ListCategoryfilter.aspx?idcategory=1551&idcat=[]&bname=[MIZUNO]&qSize=[11.5~12]&gender=[1]&deal=[]&range=[0~500]&text=

Last time I brought shoes I got a pair of K-Swiss (which were great) and Mizuno which have also been as good. I'd be going K-Swiss again if they were still around

Price seems fine, but you do have to take into account that I think they are older models, probably a few years old. May make no difference to you of course. But the wave riders are model 16 but mizuno lists 19 as the current model.

Been using Wave Ronin 5s for 3 years now, reckon they're great, bought 3 pairs - first time I've done that, find runners I like and buy up so don't have to find something else when they get discontinued/changed.

http://www.wiggle.com/mizuno-wave-ronin-5-shoes/

Also got a pair of Mizuno Wave Universe 4s, for the odd occasion where I'm trying to go fast and/or set a PB

http://www.wiggle.com.au/mizuno-wave-universe-4-shoes/

Before that Asics DS Racers.

Price seems fine, but you do have to take into account that I think they are older models, probably a few years old. May make no difference to you of course. But the wave riders are model 16 but mizuno lists 19 as the current model.

Yeah, I noticed that, but figure there can't be that much change in each new shoe being released to justify paying the full retail price. My old mizuno's were from my last purchase of shoes 2+ years ago and they have been discontinued (the nexus) so figure any shoe on sale now is still going to be new to me