Riddos

AFL 2019

I scored some tickets and going to the GF and I don;t even support either team.

But I'll be going for West Coast after the Magpies beat my team in the GF a few years back.  fark them

48 minutes ago, Peter said:

going to the GF and I don;t even support either team.

So you're pretty much like 90% of the attendees then

1 hour ago, Cottoneyes said:

So you're pretty much like 90% of the attendees then

Yeah.  So many Richmond supporters bought packages to get GF tickets that have no interest in going now is a good thing.

Having said that, magpies supporters are scrambling for tickets.

My Brother in law works for the AFL, all employees from this year get offered to purchase 2 tickets to the GF, need to make a decision by the Sunday before if taking them, so just after you know who the teams are.  He offered me the other ticket if I was interested, still had to pay $400 per ticket which is just for a seat, no catering or corporate box, not even a copy of the record thrown in.  Think I'll enjoy it more at home in front of the tv anyway - from my experience the Prelims are the best game as a supporter to go to

On ‎24‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 10:24 AM, Cottoneyes said:

I'd prefer Rupert to interfere and sack the bunch of 'sports journos' that don't have a clue about what they write or say.

12 months ago everyone was saying Bucks should be sacked

The last month it has all been about how crap Cox was and how he should be dropped

I'm just worried now as since Friday night it's all been about Cox winning Norm Smith and Bucks getting coach of the year, with the sports journos track record it's not boding well for Saturday

Buckley Wins coach of the Year, this time last year he should be sacked/let go, he is burnt out lost the playing group!

Couldn't write this stuff.... no wait..... yes you can! ha

Caroline Wilson, the sports journo that writes more fiction than all of the New Idea staff put together, has been banned from a media breakfast held tomorrow by Melbourne footy club - hopefully more of this continues

3 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

Caroline Wilson, the sports journo that writes more fiction than all of the New Idea staff put together, has been banned from a media breakfast held tomorrow by Melbourne footy club - hopefully more of this continues

Don't worry. It'll be beat up as a gender inequality thing by tomorrow.

8 hours ago, Pencil_Towel said:

Buckley Wins coach of the Year, this time last year he should be sacked/let go, he is burnt out lost the playing group!

I think Bucks had a year like Dimma in 2017.

There is a difference in the man and the method that has produced results.

If he had continued on exactly like the years previous, he probably would have been out the door.

17 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

I wonder if Gary Lyons had a hand in that decision

On 26/09/2018 at 7:55 PM, Tyno said:

I think Bucks had a year like Dimma in 2017.

There is a difference in the man and the method that has produced results.

If he had continued on exactly like the years previous, he probably would have been out the door.

Big similarities between 2018 Bucks/Pies and 2017 Dimma/Tigs on and off the field. Being willing to be less controlling, trusting the players and other coaching staff more.  

On 26/09/2018 at 6:01 PM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Don't worry. It'll be beat up as a gender inequality thing by tomorrow.

Yep. She has played that card a few times with Sam Newman 

29 minutes ago, Merv said:

You can fly in all the international acts you like, Barnesy still puts them to the sword.

Really? 

Jimmy was poor. 

The only thing better than Collingwood losing is Collingwood losing the grand final by less than a goal 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ripping game, just how you want a GF to be i guess.

Two friends, one a Pie's man, the other a Blue, were chatting about the game and the Blue said, well i can't criticise as Carlton finshed near last this season, to which the Pie's supporter replied, i'd rather finish with a wooden spoon as opposed to being runners up......

Hawks picking up Scully very cheaply seems a decent bit of business. 

Last day of the trade period tomorrow, a few deals still in the works, hope the Lions can hold onto Beams.

Could be shrewd by Giants and probably worth ther punt by Hawks.  Reports he was on over 500k for next 3 seasons and his ankle may be in the Daisy Thomas territory.  Probably likely to head back to Melb next contract anyway so cash out and retain others with the extra coin.

Whoever came up with the idea for the conferences in AFLW might be looking for a new job next year. And the good news is they'll probably get one with Super Rugby.

One week until season 2019 gets underway. Will be very interesting to see how the rule changes go in the heat of proper games. Seeing some positives and negatives as far as the Tigers go...

Positives: no runners during general play increases the importance of the experienced on-field leaders, in good stead with Riewoldt, Cotchin and Rance. Extra space for Dusty from centre bounces, he could be unstoppable at times, but so will Fyfe, Danger, etc.

Negatives: Might need to play a second ruck along with Lynch which reduces the mobility and forward pressure that's been used the last few years. Extra space for kick-ins will make it harder to lock the ball in the front third, Tigers might need to be a bit more selective in attempts at goal rather then just blazing away knowing we'll likely win it straight back if it goes through for a point.  

Disastrous news with Rance tonight, god help us if we have to put up with more media commitments for the year

RanceyPants 😪

Brawl stuff is a terrible look and rightly being canned by the sokkah folks who cop grief about less. 

Will be interesting to see how the Tiges cover for Rance. Garthwaite is the obvious like-for-like player to come in and he'll play plenty of first team games this season, but he is coming off an achillies injury so I would maybe give him another week in the VFL. We have the Pies next whose most dangerous forwards are the smaller guys like Elliott, De Goey, Stephenson so we could play Astbury and Grimes as the key backs, Broad and Vlaustin interchange as the third talls and bring in a runner like Ellis or Markov. Depending how that goes maybe bring Garthwaite in the following week vs GWS.    

Glad I'm not in a tipping comp, would have got 3 right right in Rd 1. GWS looked pretty good, considering they've still got Josh Kelly and Mumford and a couple of others to come into the side. And hopefully the Lions can maintain that form. Freo with Saints and Suns in next 2 Rounds have potential of a great start to the season.    

7 minutes ago, Riddos said:

Freo with Saints and Suns in next 2 Rounds have potential of a great start to the season.    

We had a pretty good start to the season last year too.  We were 3-2 after round 5 and 6-7 at our season break.  If we play that style of footy every week we'll scare a few of the better teams but can't see us making the eight this year.  If we finish just out with a percentage >100 I'll consider it a good season for where we are at with development.

Plenty of fines offered by the Match Review after the round.

A couple of idiots calling Liam Ryan from West Coast a monkey in a comments section.

Nic Nat rightly calling them out.

As for the incident he was involved in, I thought the Lions player got what he deserved & a fine for both of them is probably right.

Just saw one of the people was a Tigers member who has now had membership revoked. 

Good call by the club. 

The sky is falling!

We have angered the footy gods.

If my smart TV has built in AI, it now knows a lot of swear words.

9 minutes ago, Tyno said:

The sky is falling!

The Buddy curse?

13 hours ago, Tyno said:

The sky is falling!

Will be tough for them now. Really think jack will only be out for 4 weeks? 

Would Rance have made a difference to the result?

Enough about the poor tigers....how good were the lions on the weekend?! Was at the game and they absolutely smashed the eagles around the ball. Having Kennedy out wouldn’t have made too much of a difference with the midfield dominance. Gaff may have helped though. 

Lions to make it 2-0 this weekend. 

3 hours ago, Kenneth said:

Will be tough for them now. Really think jack will only be out for 4 weeks? 

Would Rance have made a difference to the result?

No.  Quick search has 6-8 weeks on the optimistic side.

No. Rancey would have added a bit better organisation, but our issues were upfield.

Time in possession felt like 75-25.

We didn't adapt at all to their style.

One thing I did like was the post game interview with Beams.

He made sure to specify that his 4 years at the Lions were the best thing for him.

He went out of the way to make sure there wasn't any negative light directed at his time in Brisbane.

I hate to admit it, but I think Buckley is a pretty good coach. Lies gamestyle made it hard for the tigers to play their natural game. 

Dees pumped today. Didn’t see the game but thought they’d do better than that. Haven’t seen the cats play either but that’s 2 good results for them. 

I think Buckley last year had many similarities to Hardwick the year before. 

Much more at ease personally it seems. 

Dees Bombers battle for the bottom next week brings me joy. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Parkside said:

Is there anyone left that Eddie hasn't offended? Tick the disabled off his long list.

Women?

he is a total dickhead.  I ran into him at crown one lunch. Walks with a stick up his arse and some kid said hello to him and he just walked right past and ignored him.  

9 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

53,000 at the AFLW grand final today. Awesome day out with the family 

53,000, or the equivalent of the entire attendance of an NRL round

2 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

53,000, or the equivalent of the entire attendance of an NRL round

Nrl is a joke. 

Good crowd? 15000

57C0195F-318F-4B50-9E56-354B96B43808.jpeg