Riddos

AFL 2019

I scored some tickets and going to the GF and I don;t even support either team.

But I'll be going for West Coast after the Magpies beat my team in the GF a few years back.  fark them

48 minutes ago, Peter said:

going to the GF and I don;t even support either team.

So you're pretty much like 90% of the attendees then

1 hour ago, Cottoneyes said:

So you're pretty much like 90% of the attendees then

Yeah.  So many Richmond supporters bought packages to get GF tickets that have no interest in going now is a good thing.

Having said that, magpies supporters are scrambling for tickets.

My Brother in law works for the AFL, all employees from this year get offered to purchase 2 tickets to the GF, need to make a decision by the Sunday before if taking them, so just after you know who the teams are.  He offered me the other ticket if I was interested, still had to pay $400 per ticket which is just for a seat, no catering or corporate box, not even a copy of the record thrown in.  Think I'll enjoy it more at home in front of the tv anyway - from my experience the Prelims are the best game as a supporter to go to

On ‎24‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 10:24 AM, Cottoneyes said:

I'd prefer Rupert to interfere and sack the bunch of 'sports journos' that don't have a clue about what they write or say.

12 months ago everyone was saying Bucks should be sacked

The last month it has all been about how crap Cox was and how he should be dropped

I'm just worried now as since Friday night it's all been about Cox winning Norm Smith and Bucks getting coach of the year, with the sports journos track record it's not boding well for Saturday

Buckley Wins coach of the Year, this time last year he should be sacked/let go, he is burnt out lost the playing group!

Couldn't write this stuff.... no wait..... yes you can! ha

Caroline Wilson, the sports journo that writes more fiction than all of the New Idea staff put together, has been banned from a media breakfast held tomorrow by Melbourne footy club - hopefully more of this continues

3 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

Caroline Wilson, the sports journo that writes more fiction than all of the New Idea staff put together, has been banned from a media breakfast held tomorrow by Melbourne footy club - hopefully more of this continues

Don't worry. It'll be beat up as a gender inequality thing by tomorrow.

8 hours ago, Pencil_Towel said:

Buckley Wins coach of the Year, this time last year he should be sacked/let go, he is burnt out lost the playing group!

I think Bucks had a year like Dimma in 2017.

There is a difference in the man and the method that has produced results.

If he had continued on exactly like the years previous, he probably would have been out the door.

17 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

I wonder if Gary Lyons had a hand in that decision

On 26/09/2018 at 7:55 PM, Tyno said:

I think Bucks had a year like Dimma in 2017.

There is a difference in the man and the method that has produced results.

If he had continued on exactly like the years previous, he probably would have been out the door.

Big similarities between 2018 Bucks/Pies and 2017 Dimma/Tigs on and off the field. Being willing to be less controlling, trusting the players and other coaching staff more.  

On 26/09/2018 at 6:01 PM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Don't worry. It'll be beat up as a gender inequality thing by tomorrow.

Yep. She has played that card a few times with Sam Newman 

You can fly in all the international acts you like, Barnesy still puts them to the sword.

29 minutes ago, Merv said:

You can fly in all the international acts you like, Barnesy still puts them to the sword.

Really? 

Jimmy was poor. 

That was good. Pies lost. Eddie and Nathan are now hugging it out.

• Like 1

Great game. Pies got out of the blocks quickly in the 1st quarter.

The only thing better than Collingwood losing is Collingwood losing the grand final by less than a goal 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ripping game, just how you want a GF to be i guess.

Two friends, one a Pie's man, the other a Blue, were chatting about the game and the Blue said, well i can't criticise as Carlton finshed near last this season, to which the Pie's supporter replied, i'd rather finish with a wooden spoon as opposed to being runners up......

Hawks picking up Scully very cheaply seems a decent bit of business. 

Last day of the trade period tomorrow, a few deals still in the works, hope the Lions can hold onto Beams.

Could be shrewd by Giants and probably worth ther punt by Hawks.  Reports he was on over 500k for next 3 seasons and his ankle may be in the Daisy Thomas territory.  Probably likely to head back to Melb next contract anyway so cash out and retain others with the extra coin.