Riddos

AFL 2019

Won ugly mja

Given the earlier season close games loses I guess its ok. Must say they have surprised me, the young kids have been really good so far. Speaking of age... Boomer Harvey just as a time out every time he plays us... good on him. Was good to see him and Papley having a little tussle - "leave him alone your old enough to be his dad!!" was my commentary to the TV!

Also good to see two Sudanese kids playing on each other, at the other end of the scale we have the banana throw at Adelaide last night... sigh. Anyhow, Adelaide not winning by much really puts is in good #1 spot. We owe Richmond a belting from memory.

Edited by Mjainoz

We owe Richmond a belting from memory.

Never a better time to get it.

We're averaging 3 goals a game of late .

Fkn Hardwick.

• Like 1

This isn't even fun for us to watch, Tyno.

Lol. I'm not unhappy. Been some serious pain put out by tigers in the past. Just get home no injuries !! Edited by Mjainoz

This isn't even fun for us to watch, Tyno.

My brother asked me today is there any possibility that Hardwick can survive?

I had to say there is.

Which is sad.

3 modern champs of the club had milestone games in recent weeks and we got smacked in each of them.

It's pissweak and until there can be some genuine insight and realisation inside the frickin four walls, we're stuffed.

All sydney GF?

Must say I think this first final will be a cracker. GWS Little brother syndrome. Fast. Heaps to play for. My worries about Sydney youth esp. in defence must be more so for GWS I would think.

BUT ... playing at ANZ stinks. Several of our players will never have been there and its 200m from GWS home ground. How is that fair for being Minor Premiers?

Edited by Mjainoz

The RFC board challengers team look like dodgy extras from a 70s cop show.

Current board has done a lot of good stuff off the field getting finances in order and growing memberships, just the on field stuff that's not gone to plan (whatever that plan was).

New board challengers seem a bit lite on in the football department without a head of football and respected head coach alternative lined up.

The RFC board challengers team look like dodgy extras from a 70s cop show.

I thought Caro's article on them today was spot on.

My opinion on the whole thing:

We've traded over reaction for under reaction.

We've over valued stability past the immediate need to right the ship.

Our best on field performance expectation is to be adequate.

The second year of finals losses should have been enough to make big changes.

There can't be a realistic way that Hardwick stays beyond 2017.

Which means another wasted season.

Which means it's probably worth buying his contract out now.

There can't be a realistic way that Hardwick stays beyond 2017.

Which means another wasted season.

Which means it's probably worth buying his contract out now.

Can't argue that it is a good chance of being a wasted season, however without a solid plan for a good coach to replace him, it's likely to be a wasted season as well, with the added expense of the buy out.

Unless they have a Paul Roos, Leigh Matthews, Kevin Sheedy type coach ready to say yep, I'll put pen to paper than you would be going with an untried coach or one that has not worked out in the past anyways

We're going along tomorrow night. Daughter is frothing at the mouth to see the Eagles play finals....kind of scary stuff coming from a 6.5 yr old [emoji1][emoji1]

Tipping Swans and Hawks GF with the Hawks to win by a point....unfortunately.

We're going along tomorrow night. Daughter is frothing at the mouth to see the Eagles play finals....kind of scary stuff coming from a 6.5 yr old [emoji1][emoji1]

Hopefully the other way around and Buddy rubs their noses in it by kicking a last second behind from an umpiring error. Ah, just sit back and listen to the squeels.

Edited by lawman
  • Like 1

If the swans win this weekend they will win the comp.

If they loose I actually think GWS will pay the swans in the GrandFinal.

NOTE: I know nothing about AFL. Pretty much like everyone in every tipping comp in Australia.

If the swans win this weekend they will win the comp.

If they loose I actually think GWS will pay the swans in the GrandFinal.

NOTE: I know nothing about AFL. Pretty much like everyone in every tipping comp in Australia.

Cmon Peter, you live in Melbourne AND you frequent a Forum....you know EVERYTHING [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Maybe the new Tigers board will take us out of the AFL and into AFL-X instead?!

With only 7 players on the field we might be half decent.

Although I'd imagine it's a game requiring better runners then the Tiges list can offer up. GWS would smash us.

Maybe the new Tigers board will take us out of the AFL and into AFL-X instead?!

Get them to move to the NBA, with the consistent record of finishing 9th you would be a shoe in to play finals every year then

• Like 1

Eagles believed their own press as usual and were mentally soft when the pressure came on. The media over here was already discussing their next opponent more than they were this game.

The top teams with a top 4 spot all but secured start doing big blocks of training in the month leading up and drop off the pace a bit. I think that's why the Eagles won their last two against Hawks (who aren't that great any more) and Adelaide and why the Bulldogs lost against us. The last month of football was never going to be indicative of the true finals race.

I was surprised by the genuine softness of the Eagles players though and the lack of any plan B from the coach's box. Next year with no Naitanui for the full season it will be interesting how they respond.

As someone who doesn't support either team it was a really boring game.

At lest all the WA supporters can now go back to bali and not infest the East with their bogan singlets and beer stubbies

At lest all the WA supporters can now go back to bali and not infest the East with their bogan singlets and beer stubbies

New job with Tourism Victoria? :D

As someone who doesn't support either team it was a really boring game.

Sorry for upsetting the crema on your short black made with morally sourced arabica beans in a recycled gluten free cup.....LOL

FFF, a great looking crowd in the grandstand. At least the quality is there.

FM

Cheers

We got there early, my daughter likes watching the players run around before the match. Plus you beat the rush. Pity you can't beat the rush leaving [emoji15]

All good [emoji106]

Eagles believed their own press as usual and were mentally soft when the pressure came on. The media over here was already discussing their next opponent more than they were this game.

The top teams with a top 4 spot all but secured start doing big blocks of training in the month leading up and drop off the pace a bit. I think that's why the Eagles won their last two against Hawks (who aren't that great any more) and Adelaide and why the Bulldogs lost against us. The last month of football was never going to be indicative of the true finals race.

I was surprised by the genuine softness of the Eagles players though and the lack of any plan B from the coach's box. Next year with no Naitanui for the full season it will be interesting how they respond.

Totally agree.

We might have a "Freo season" next year, unless we can off load McKenzie and a few others for a crumbing forward and a few more mid fielders. Bennel is already out....

Talk is McKenzie for Ballantine and cash.

Cats and Hawks showed the rest of the comp how footy should be played. Great game. Hopefully the Sydney's game is as good. I'm on the Swans wagon - every Lions supporter needs a second team.

Edit: And great umpiring, unlike the other code.

Edited by Kenneth

Sorry for upsetting the crema on your short black made with morally sourced arabica beans in a recycled gluten free cup.....LOL

thats not very robust a.

Sorry. Poor attempt at a coffee joke :)

• Like 1

Cats and Hawks showed the rest of the comp how footy should be played. Great game. Hopefully the Sydney's game is as good. I'm on the Swans wagon - every Lions supporter needs a second team.

Edit: And great umpiring, unlike the other code.

It was a great game. But did they play well. Look good? I didn't watch that close till last quarter. I wasn't that impressed. Of course impressing isn't what wins games but I wonder are they not the top teams

I am indeed looking forward to this PMs game. Go Swans but if GWS win good on them.

• Like 1

It was a great game. But did they play well. Look good? I didn't watch that close till last quarter. I wasn't that impressed. Of course impressing isn't what wins games but I wonder are they not the top teams

I am indeed looking forward to this PMs game. Go Swans but if GWS win good on them.

Could the both teams have played better? Yes. But as far as commitment, head over the ball, super tough footy, that's as good as it gets. Or maybe that's just finals. Eagles must have missed the memo
  • Like 2

Swans vs Giants a cracker so far, likelihood of injuries out of this for both teams makes the win even more important to get another week off and avoid fielding a patched up team vs a fired up (likely) Crows next week.

Ripper win by the doggies. As a life longer supporter, I might the biased, but they played hungry for four quarters......fingers crossed.

Today's game is pretty full on too.

• Like 1

Swans might have finally woken up to the fact that their little brother is the real deal. If they meet again this campaign I think you'll see a much tougher / harder swans. Tippet got hurt but he's getting fitter. Kennedy won't get hurt like that again. It was a bad storm at same time and helped GWS kick away.

I was worried about the extra week off. GWS will have to face that now.

But our defence which has worried me due to its youth will need a strategy for Eddie Betts.

Aler was close to BOG yday from what I saw (not close scrutiny). Should Ted R come back? Diamonds seeking your thoughts here.

On the flip side I may not be able to fly OS for holidays now so I might be around for more of the finals that I planned.

Edited by Mjainoz

Aliir did some good things, but he is limited in foot skill & decision making.

He was probably the best of the Swans backs yesterday though, from what I saw.

Match ups against the Crows smalls will be interesting.

Buddy got a lot of the ball around 70-80 m from goal, but no other viable target for him to go to most times.

I felt the Giants copped the rough end of most decisions and non-decisions during the game.

Especially in the incorrect disposal\holding the ball area.

Will be interesting to see the hype around the Stevie J report.

Early season interpretation, he gets a few weeks because he had a realistic alternative/wasn't going for the ball.

I don't think it's worth that though.

• Like 1

Tippett out with busted jaw....

I provided my Leaguey brother with a lift in his multi. Thought GWS were massive overs at 2.85. A home final is no great advantage when both sides sleep in their own beds and can do their usual pregame stuff. Was worried about there outside speed, but their hardness all over the ground was impressive.

Was more occupied with my under 11's GF today though, but we got dusted up fairly well. Boys went hard at it, just a tad outclassed in the end. We'll be back.

• Like 1

Just to rub it in GWS beat the Swans in the NEAFL GF today.

If both SJ and Mummy get rubbed out (got to be a better than even chance) they will struggle, even at home.

Wash your mouth out..........

lol. Would be greater than 50 pct probability. We can check the bookies tomorrow.

Edit. Actually, that's wrong.

GWS GF probability at say 60% for GWS win next week

Swans or Adelaide vs Geelong say 50/50

So + 0.6 x 0.5= 30 pct chance

Edited by Mjainoz

All Non Melb GF ?

It doesn't matter. Next week is the week that matters. So many corps go to GF m

My mate works for cub (Carlton United brewing) and took a heap of people last year and he said most didn't watch more than 2 minutes after the start and just got drunk and left at 3/4 time.

His wife went and didn't see any off it she said.

I asked her who played and she had no idea.