Riddos

AFL 2018

Any Queenslanders reading, what's the media coverage over the comments on whether Qld can support 2 teams long term?

The results on the weekend aren't helping the argument

I haven't stumbled across anything.

I assume most people just put it down to Leigh being in the Lions camp.

Historically speaking, GC pro teams don't last though, so he could be right.

Annnndd the streak is over. Normal business shall resume from this point. Another extended carlton losing streak to roll on.

The results on the weekend aren't helping the argument

You can apply the same sentiment to this weekend.

I watched part of the Suns game.

They have some injuries, but some of the blokes they have on the park are not performing at all.

Is it the club as a whole?

Is Eade too old school?

Annnndd the streak is over. Normal business shall resume from this point. Another extended carlton losing streak to roll on.

Including Carlton only being before Collingwood in the dictionary

Â

Including Carlton only being before Collingwood in the dictionary

Please. We played you two weeks ago and kicked your arse. You don't get to speak yet.

Ye of little faith

Please. We played you two weeks ago and kicked your arse. You don't get to speak yet.

Ummm perhaps you spoke a bit soon.

Biggest game of AFL in the country this weekend is the top of the table Sydney Womens AFL Premiere Division clash between Sydney Uni Bombers v Eastern Suburbs UNSW.

16 yo daughter moving to wing / forward flank for the Bombers in debut season.

....... Yep, OK, very (overly) proud dad.

Is she in the Swans or GWS academy? :)

Neither yet, hopefully the former at some stage, but she goes to a high school that has a football association, and is wanting to move to the Melbourne Campus where they have associations with several AFL clubs. Bit of test for a dad for his daughter to go and live in another state at age 16, but its her call if the move can be organised.

She enjoys football (soccer) but has fallen in love with AFL, which she hasn't played since Auskick! And compared with the politics in elite football, AFL is a breath of fresh air!

Her brother is a NEAFL umpire and everything the AFL do is streets ahead of any other footy code in this country, especially around women's involvment. It is a great sport.

• Like 1

That's cool lawman.

Do you know if the emergence of the AFL Women's comp has had much influence on her?

• Like 1

That's cool lawman.

Do you know if the emergence of the AFL Women's comp has had much influence on her?

I went to a chicks game last year. Was really good.

Move her to Melbourne and within a year or 2 she'll earn more money than dad.

The afl will pay the $$$

It's all,about the women

• Like 1

This should be in the good news thread, that's fantastic. Good on her!

• Like 1

Interesting conditions at Metricon, Suns running with the tide in the 1st quarter.

The way councils are these days the younger lads probably don't play on these sort of tracks too often.

At least your team still has a first round draft pick Stikman

I was in emergency on Friday night with kidney stones, and it was only the second most painful thing of the weekend after watching the Pies play. I know I said early on in my predictions that Cloke would not be in the starting 22 by the end of the season, but I didn't expect it to be this bad

That's cool lawman.

Yeah, certainly did, although as a Swans supporter, while they have a womens academy team, its a bit disappointing that the Swans are a bit behind on applying for a licence for the womens comp.

I went to a chicks game last year. Was really good.

Move her to Melbourne and within a year or 2 she'll earn more money than dad.

The afl will pay the $$$

It's all,about the women

There was an article last week or the week before (can't find it now) saying that they were looking to $100K salaries. If the AFL want the clubs behind a successful women's league the AFL is going to have to throw the clubs some more $ because the clubs will resist taking it from their men's budgets.

A couple of her teammates from Sydney Uni played for the NSW/ACT side against SA shown on Foxtel yesterday. Keep an eye on this name - Nic Barr.

Miss L seems to think that she'll have to move to Melbourne where the initial licenses are likely to go, and is keen to move to Melbourne anyway if she can get a transfer to her school's AFL associated pathway.

Anyone in Melbourne want a boarder for a year or two??? 16 y.o school student, independent and footy mad, and the real kicker is she's enterred in a tandem team with her mum to do Coast to Coast in NZ next Feb, so you'll also have someone to train with! :lol:

You'd be glad to know her school has a campus in Leederville with a tie up with Freo

You offering to put my daughter up for a couple of years???? :lol::lol:

The interesting thing is how this will affect the traditional women's sports such as athletics, swimming, tennis, hockey, netball, basketball and soccer. Also with Rugby 7s being an Olympic sport there is some incentives for sporty girls to move into these 'new' sports. Does this mean that Australia's performance will suffer in some of those other sports. AFL have a lot of money to throw around.

It does mean we will more than likely be the AFL Women's World Champions. Yea, Australia.

It does mean we will more than likely be the AFL Women's World Champions. Yea, Australia.

Know it was tongue in cheek, but there currently is a bit of a "world cup" comp held every year or second year with the likes of Somoa, PNG etc all playing. If the women's cup followed the men's one, then Australia wouldn't even compete

Think the US might be all over it though now they are getting a few players

With the swans just behind.

I feel I have seen this movie before ... Not sure I like the ending :)

$50,000 fine for Brad Scott - ouch

Hope it works out as well for him as the Hirdy "donation" did previously

At least he didn't mention anyone"s name

Tiges remaining games are GWS, Pies, Cats, Saints, Swans, will we win another game? Doubtful. At least we won't finish 9th!

Sort of on topic......just recieved my offer for provisional MCC membership. Pretty chuffed, after nearly 19 years. Shame I live in Cairns and won't use too much. but hoping to see the doggies get to a grand final once in my lifetime.

• Like 2

Dion Prestia of the Gold Coast Suns has today received his first strike under the AFL code. He's never failed a test, however the commission believes anyone currently requesting a trade to Richmond must be on drugs

• Like 1

Bloody mean Cottoneyes.

With our record of managing injuries, he'll be out for 18 months and come back for 3 meaningless games and retire.

I'm going to risk getting flamed but, here goes.

Pride round? Really??

As an Aussie Rules supporter living in Qld I have to put up with GayFL constantly. Now it appears to have happened.

Its all about appearance. Not necessarily substance.

Sean's to go to top of ladder today..... Or Nrh to rediscover what it takes ...... Bloody sunny coast is on Father's Day and first week of finals. Haven't missed a Sydney final in Sydney since I started following them in 95 ... Uggghhh.