Riddos

AFL 2017

9 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

Can't help you with costs, but $300 might be okay if there are any left on the general market after the club members and AFL members get theirs.  2001 / 2002 it was around $90 as a club member for standing room only entry to give you an idea.

The day is all about the corporates which for the die hards devalues it.  One trick you could try is to contact the clubs that don't make it, mate of mine got to see the last Bombers premiership after missing out on the ballot through the club, contacted the clubs not in the GF who all get some tickets, and think it was the Western Bulldogs that let him have one for around double the face value of the ticket

Thanks for the tip.  I look at the cost of Ironman and think spending  $1000 on the GF & spending the day with my daughter will be money well spent. 

Honestly could not watch today.

FMT asked if I wanted to get together with the boys next week.

There would be no point, I wouldn't be very sociable.

Same here Tyno.

Tigers in the VFL Grand Final today as well. Possibly some midfielders competing for a spot for next Saturday.

9 hours ago, Riddos said:

Tigers in the VFL Grand Final today as well.

Went down to a mob that gave up match payments to continue the season.

Gotta respect a club that overcomes.

Well done Port Melbourne.

On 23/09/2017 at 8:09 PM, Tyno said:

Honestly could not watch today.

FMT asked if I wanted to get together with the boys next week.

There would be no point, I wouldn't be very sociable.

Just picked up my ticket for the GF GO TIGES!!

• Like 2

Saw a clip on Australia Plus TV this morning of some bloke getting a medal for something last night.

Given the state of do gooders and political correctness in Australia, I found it bizarre that they were allowed to get on stage with a tray of beers during the presentation ceremony. Hardly a good example for the youngin's . 

24 minutes ago, softy said:

Saw a clip on Australia Plus TV this morning of some bloke getting a medal for something last night.

Given the state of do gooders and political correctness in Australia, I found it bizarre that they were allowed to get on stage with a tray of beers during the presentation ceremony. Hardly a good example for the youngin's . 

Brownlow medal traditions are exempt from current societal PC norms on the grounds of them being part of an established ritual  protected by religious freedom exemptions.   The hard-fought right to do so is commemorated on the VERY-Good-Friday (aka "Grand Final Eve") public holiday in the enlightened state of Victoria where other religious freedoms are celebrated on Easter, Christmas and Cup Day.

Edited by Pete

23 minutes ago, softy said:

I find that anyone that watched the Brownlow Vote calling last night or ever, seriously need to get a life.

The most boring TV EVER.

One guy yelling out numbers.

Like Bingo but goes for 3 hours or whatever rather than 4 minutes (like Bingo).

6 minutes ago, Peter said:

I find that anyone that watched the Brownlow Vote calling last night or ever, seriously need to get a life.

The most boring TV EVER.

One guy yelling out numbers.

Like Bingo but goes for 3 hours or whatever rather than 4 minutes (like Bingo).

I  thought Bruce Macavaney made it really interesting by sneaking up to Dusty's table every 5 minutes and asking

"So, Dusty, 15 minutes into the count, how are you feeling?"

Dusty handled it well but I think it probably should have been answered by:

"Fine Bruce. Just like it was 5 minutes ago! And the 5 minutes before that!!  And it will most likely be the same the next time you creep up behind me with a mic so why don't you just F*ck off and annoy someone else you d1ck head?!"

6 new teams announced for AFLW.

Geelong and North Melbourne (playing half their games in Tassie) for 2019 and Gold Coast, West Coast, Richmond and St Kilda in 2020.

Seems fair enough.  

On 09/04/2016 at 5:27 PM, Tyno said:

Next year is the year!

I can feel it in my bones!

I was right!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

Didn't think the game rose to any dizzy heights as a spectacle, that's how many GF's are.

A team that plays for each other always wins.  Tigers did that today.  

But how the hell Dusty got the Norm Smith is amazing.  Houli or Rance should have got it

8 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

But how the hell Dusty got the Norm Smith is amazing.  Houli or Rance should have got it

I would have said Houli, but if you look at the effectiveness of the good things Dusty did, including setting up Houli's goal, he was certainly a viable option. He made those around him better when the game was in the balance.

The game was won by the back line repelling and setting up attacks from there.  

Jacobs should of just thumped the ball forward at each ruck contest instead of trying  to pinpoint taps.  Their forward line was disorganized and panicked due to rrance's PRESENCE.   

Actually maybe Hardwick should of got Norm Smith out coached Don Pyke

Sensational stuff Tiges, so happy for the players, coaches, ex-players, etc.

Plenty of great efforts over the year but Kane Lambert my favourite underrated player, offered plenty going forward while also often shutting down one of the oppostions better midfielders, he could poll pretty well in the Jack Dyer medal.      

On 10/1/2017 at 2:24 PM, Riddos said:

Plenty of great efforts over the year but Kane Lambert my favourite underrated player, offered plenty going forward while also often shutting down one of the oppostions better midfielders, he could poll pretty well in the Jack Dyer medal.      

3rd to Dusty and Rance is a pretty good effort.

• Like 1

I still don't have a voice after been at both the prelim and Grand Final. It's been a long wait but Saturday was awesome! 

• Like 3

Konrad Marshall's book Yellow & Black is out, can't wait for my copy to arrive. He was in deep with the team in 2016 looking to write a book on the team's year and they all just went 'this is a bit sh!t, maybe try again next year', great call.

Also, 96 hours of Tigers on Fox Footy starting at midnight tonight!

Draft day! Not often the Premiers have three picks in the top 25, looking forward to welcoming some new Tiger cubs.