Sign in to follow this  
lawman

Cycling - Teams Pursuit

Yes very young so happy to see Sam get a world senior title.

Just think they have bobridge to come in.

Just hoping Sam gets the 5th spot for rio

It's been on live FTA TV all week here. The team pursuit was a cracking race, really tense. Ed Clancy's back operation means he's still not 100% and it showed here.

Equally for me, it was great to see Laura Trott stick it to everyone in the Omnium.

The women's team pursuit must be a big worry for both GB and Aus, massively under performed by both teams, GB picked up bronze and I think Oz was 5th or something. The USA were deserved victors there and nice to see Sarah Hammer get gold at the end of her career.

I went to bed after the men's Omnioum last night but I'm not sure if Cav has made the GB track team for Rio or not? I think he needed to podium but by my reckoning he may missed out. I think Glen o'Shea ended up third?

Visually, I love watching the Kiwis in the team pursuit, something about the black and stealth look really comes alive on the track. Great to hear the roar of the home crowd at the Pringle again, what a fantastic venue.

Edited by FatPom

There's no madison at Olympics and the race result does not figure in Olympic qualifying.

Cav is only up for the Omnium and he'd need to be selected ahead of GB's #1 pick Clancy, which is yet to be decided as GB are still seeking to get Clancy the ride via special consideration due to his injury. I think Cav needed to win the Omnium to have a clear shot at a spot.

• Like 1

There's no madison at Olympics and the race result does not figure in Olympic qualifying.

Cav is only up for the Omnium and he'd need to be selected ahead of GB's #1 pick Clancy, which is yet to be decided as GB are still seeking to get Clancy the ride via special consideration due to his injury. I think Cav needed to win the Omnium to have a clear shot at a spot.

They were saying on Eurosport that he needed to be third or better for a lock in.