CarpeDiem

Thank you SunnyGirl

She's a good egg.

So are most of AP's folk.

If you get through a session without having to use 3 pull buoys at once, you're doing better than me :)

• Like 2

Sunnygirl's a sweetie. She's had a trot of bad luck the past few years but she always manages to get herself back up again. Lovely lady :)

• Like 2

So unfortunately I didn't make it this morning. My partner was up vomiting half the night so between having only a couple of hours sleep and not wanting to risk a "you left me when I was sick" response I pulled the pin. Just got an email from AP now so i'm all go for Tuesday...vomiting partner or not!

Well- It's been a long time since I have been on trannies ...........my life over the past couple of years has been a bit upside down and I have had many issues to deal with ...............physically, emotionally and mentally.

.....Meeting Cassie (CarpeDiem) at Capitol Cycles on Logan Road (the best bike shop in Brisbane !!!) was wonderful- Cassie you have no idea how much you brightened my day and help me feel so much happy.............so thankyou so very very much.

Your training for an Ironman is great- the race is just a full catered day with a bunch of friends. I would be happy training with you, but sadly for me that is not possible..................But will always answer any questions you have. As we live so close regular contact would be wonderful...........and it won't be long before I can get back out there riding and running again.

• Like 3

just thought I'd use this thread to fill you all on my journey over the past few years.......

As you most know- I was taken out by a drunk driver in 10/2011- 3 fractured ribs/ head injuries/ DNF from Busso and a separation from my husband (amicable split)

Moved to Brisbane and met some one with whom I shared a very close relationship- we crossed 2 IM finish lines together (that was also a dream of mine)- things were great and we were about to race NZIM when I had a fall and damaged my hip......torn labrum and insertion tendon meant that my hip was destroyed- had stem cells and surgery but was out of the course for a year, suffering chronic hip pain...........and of course depression. My relationship with Dave suffered to the point that we separated............despite the fact we both loved each other.................I moved out- but close by hoping that we could reconcile again after a break.

Got back into racing- qualified for the 70.3WC in Cairns,,,,,,,and travelled to Austria to race the WC (my 50th birthday to myself) ..............returned and raced at the Penrith 70.3 re qualifying fir the WC on the Sunnycoast later this year. Raced HOW a few weeks ago and then whilst training last weekend- hit a kangaroo out on Grieve RD..................

Absolutely smashed- 6 broken ribs, fractured right clavicle which has been surgical repaired (by Michael Cheesman in Mackay)................Pain is horrendous an I am out of running and swimming for 6 weeks- back on trainer next week.

I am still very much struggling mentally and emotional- running and riding were all I had to maintain my mental state...........I still see Dave and have very strong feelings in that area.

So this is the third major physical injury that I have had over the past 5 years- in the past I have had support and been surrounded by love and care..........this injury doesn't have that same buffer.

I struggle terribly- and am very grateful that I have such wonder friends such as Cupcake who talk to me every day.

I will get back out there again- one baby step at a time...........

So thankyou to CarpeDiem and al those who made such wonderful comments about me..........it certainly lifted my spirit a little xxxxxx

• Like 9

I shared a very close relationship- we crossed 2 IM finish lines together (that was also a dream of mine)-Â

Glad I could be part of your dream - oh you're not talking about me?

Â

All the best! I cherish the times we spent together in races, especially wet old NZ!

Edited by Steno

I only met u once after I'm Cairns in 2013, but you were an awesome character then!

Hope it settles quickly and heals well.

Nice words Carpe, and nice response Sunny.

Now that's how we should treat good people!

Hope the recovery goes well Lisa. See you on the Sunnycoast!

(Great to see they named the place after you!).

She is great.

She's helped me and my wife feel at home in Mackay. She's been a comforting face at the hospital during the lead up to the birth of my daughter. She understood and listened to me when I needed it most. She's ****ing tough as nails.

And while some days you might not feel it Sunny, your inner strength is immeasurable. I don't have to tell you to "keep on punching", you do that naturally. Take care, you're awesome.

Sam, Caz and Ivy Brown [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

• Like 2

'Tough as nails' she certainly is Sam. I was there to witness her do something that I really thought was impossible. She was totally confident she could do it, and she did it with a smile on her face. Inspirational!

• Like 1

Even my gay nephew from the garden centre thought you were awesome. You have a wide reach Sunny. :lol:

• Like 2

I think I've only met you once Sunnygirl, it was in at ACT HIM way back when GJ was dishing out the long awaited Trannie kit ( 2004/5?)

Anyway, from one long term injury sufferer to another, hang tough, there is light at the end of these tunnels. Every one we go through we hope will be the last one.

You've been very inspirational to many one here, including me. I really hope things turn around for you and great that you could still make someone else's day on top of all that.

:)

• Like 1

Sunny is tops and great fun to be with. Just don't get on the piss with her after an ironman unless you have some drinking practise under your belt. Her current injuries will take some time to heal but she will be back.

Physically my injuries are doing well- the surgery to my clavicle was great and it gives me little pain........but my fractured ribs on the other hand are very sore. My greatest issue how ever has been the list of my short term memory- I had a huge gash to my head that was pretty much ignored (had 4 staples to close it) - had a haematoma into of my parietal bone...........it scares me that from one day to the next I barely recollect what I have done. !!!!

I find the treatment that the ED at QE2 gave me after my accident really unbelievable and am very grateful that I could at least get this clavicle fixed so quickly in Mackay.

Did a half hour set on my trainer yesterday morning to spin my legs- which was nice...........baby steps and I will be back out there again soon ð´ð½ðŽð

• Like 1

Guest FFF1077
15 minutes ago, CarpeDiem said:

Lights on...what are we bumping for? General love and support?

Bumping old favourite threads. 

And Sunnygirl is a favourite human of mine 😊👍👍

On 01/03/2016 at 10:40 AM, Fitness Buddy said:

Brisbane hospitals are poor.

I’ll go into bat for the staff at Lady Cilento over the past 5 days.

My little guy got checked out by ophthalmologists, ENTs, plus infectious disease unit, anesthetist and radiologist all within a few hours of presenting in emergency. Add to that 24 hour care for the last few days that I don’t receive an invoice for and I feel exceptionally fortunate... 

Edited by trilobite
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, trilobite said:

I’ll go into bat for the staff at Lady Cilento over the past 5 days.

My little guy got checked out by ophthalmologists, ENTs, plus infectious disease unit, anesthetist and radiologist all within a few hours of presenting in emergency. Add to that 24 hour care for the last few days that I don’t receive an invoice for and I feel exceptionally fortunate... 

You mean "The Queensland Children's Hospital"... 😁

• Haha 1