goughy

Cardinal Pell

One of his security guards has had a go (verbally) at one of his accusers who was outside while he was getting into a car.

2 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Honestly, all this over a belief in an imaginary friend!

That deserves some Frankie Boyle

The blow torch is being applied to Peter Hollingsworth now over his handling of matters in the 90s when Brisbane archbishop.

So has he been found guilty?  The Project is saying there is a huge story that's trending internationally but a gag order is holding off the reporting of it.

We're finding comments online that's he's been found guilty of the sexual abuse of two choir boys.

16 minutes ago, goughy said:

So has he been found guilty?  The Project is saying there is a huge story that's trending internationally but a gag order is holding off the reporting of it.

We're finding comments online that's he's been found guilty of the sexual abuse of two choir boys.

Let’s hope you are right 

I've only read it on non-mainstream sources but I farken hope it's true - and also that he dies in prison 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

Is there a reputable news source showing it yet?  Nothing on the website of London Times or Irish Post

Don’t have to read closely between the lines. Confirmed.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/victoria/why-the-media-is-unable-to-report-on-a-case-that-has-generated-huge-interest-online-20181212-p50lta.html

So it only takes a guilty finding for the Catholic Church to do something. 

Pope Francis cuts George Pell and two other cardinals from Vatican council

https://www.news.com.au/world/europe/pope-francis-cuts-george-pell-and-two-other-cardinals-from-vatican-council/news-story/f6ef172907f55a0b009bd0aa242a1595

12 hours ago, -H- said:

I've only read it on non-mainstream sources but I farken hope it's true - and also that he dies in prison 

He'll be well "looked after" in prison.

That's pretty much what The Project said at the start of last night's episode!

So last trial ended in a hung jury.  Now there's two separate trials.  So was the jury unable to come to a decision because the combination of multiple victims in the case made it difficult to find guilt on all of them?  So break the case into two trials, with the most likely to prove guilt in the first trial?

There is a second trial in March. The media coverage now would make it difficult to find a jury that wasn’t aware of this conviction. I have no sympathy for him or other offenders of his ilk, but would rather not give him grounds for an appeal if he was found guilty at the second trial.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stoney!!! said:

There is a second trial in March. The media coverage now would make it difficult to find a jury that wasn’t aware of this conviction. I have no sympathy for him or other offenders of his ilk, but would rather not give him grounds for an appeal if he was found guilty at the second trial.

but there isn't media coverage of his conviction 

19 hours ago, Peter said:

He better go to jail forever. Farking

As if.  Our legal system is pathetic when it comes to jail sentences for people who commit serious crimes.

Hence a total shitbag gets out on parole and rapes a 7yo girl, or rapes and murders a woman in Melbourne, or gets behind a wheel again and wipes out a whole family.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Peter said:

I have faith.  See what I did there. 

Failing health will get him a get out of jail free card, while the damaged mental health of his victims ensure they never escape purgatory. 

So is this like some Underbelly defence that his legal team has dreamt up?  You know, when Underbelly the original series was banned in Victoria at the time of release, everyone pretty much spoke of nothing else for the next month.  By the time it could be seen and talked about, everyone just went Meh..

I don't get all this suppression stuff and how some media even blur out faces of some 'alleged' criminals, yet some tv channels show them. they can't stop potential jurors reading social media things, so I thought that the idea is both sides agreeing on a 'fair' jury at  jury selection.  Any lawyers explain this to me. Andrew??

24 minutes ago, Prince said:

I don't get all this suppression stuff and how some media even blur out faces of some 'alleged' criminals, yet some tv channels show them. they can't stop potential jurors reading social media things, so I thought that the idea is both sides agreeing on a 'fair' jury at  jury selection.  Any lawyers explain this to me. Andrew??

In this age of "Instant Information" from around the globe, is there even any point in a suppression order just in Australia? Does this mean the only potentially "uninformed" jurors will be 70 year olds without the internet?

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

In this age of "Instant Information" from around the globe, is there even any point in a suppression order just in Australia? Does this mean the only potentially "uninformed" jurors will be 70 year olds without the internet?

they are pretty much the majority of people with the time and inclination to want to go to jury duty anyway

1 minute ago, Tyno said:

they are pretty much the majority of people with the time and inclination to want to go to jury duty anyway

Then how come 6 of my team of 11 have been called up this year? I'm the only one that got out of it, & I am the closest to that description of the lot. :)

2 minutes ago, Tyno said:

Only until they get there and realise they don't get to tell everyone their life story and how much tougher Ironman was back in their day

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Then how come 6 of my team of 11 have been called up this year? I'm the only one that got out of it, & I am the closest to that description of the lot. :)

It must be the year for it. 3 out of 4 in our family are on the jury roll and we've all been called up this year and all had to get excused due to prior travel arrangements or work.

The docs say a call up is random but that is BS as our youngest just keeps getting called. The other day it was for a 12 week trial! As if her employer can lose her for 12 weeks. They've had to write her a letter to say not possible. A 2 week trial maybe but 3 months?