goughy

Cardinal Pell

8 hours ago, FatPom said:

I used that expression at a work meeting yesterday.  Clearly it wasn't C-level :lol:

Cockwomble 🤣, now that's one I can use in work meetings too Ian. 

Almost as good as YoYos 'batsmoker' 😁.

Appeal lodged.  It won't happen, but it would be so choice if they refused to hear it!

Average Joe Kiddiefiddler would never have the money to appeal to the High Court. Legal system certainly seems to have more opportunities for the rich to get off the hook.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, symo said:

May be interesting what comes out once this appeal is over if it gets the flick

He would have served his 4 of 6 years and will be back to Italy. 

4 hours ago, symo said:

May be interesting what comes out once this appeal is over if it gets the flick

8 minutes ago, Peter said:

He would have served his 4 of 6 years and will be back to Italy. 

I think Symo might mean info, given they may not have made everything public yet because of the possibility of appeal.

• Like 1

Ok, wow.  

Of course, this also had to take into account that every single time he conducted mass, exactly the same procedures etc happened the same way.  And while they say he was never left alone while in his robes, who is to say that once in a while he didn't ask them to leave him alone?  And if he did ask, would they have done exactly as the most powerful member of the clergy in Australia asked?  It's ok to say "this is how it usually was done", as it is also ok to say that every now and then things happened a little differently.  10mins goes real fast and I have no doubt he could do anything he wanted to.  

Correct Ex-H

Also my better half went to a fascinating talk with the journalist that wrote the book on him.  She spent 5 hours straight in the dock being cross examined - she was also fighting a libel case from Pells team that she couldn't mention due to the suppression orders.  interestingly she said you dont get any support from any sort of defence  legals and it was just a pile on from Ronald R.  People have no idea of the power that can be used/applied.   She was also astounded at the determination of the accuser to stand up against all that and get nothing out of it but hopefully a bit of justice.