Cranky Update

Cranky

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:)

Have a look at your next race for the right cage, it might grip the bottle a bit better but will also set you back close to $100.

Enjoy.

Next race is Cairns! [emoji322] [emoji13]

Will give it a good few runs on the road before then though

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Yeah

Take it over the roughest roads you can find. Make sure that it won't come loose race day.

Test EVERYTHING in training.

[emoji106]

Dont bother bout searching the internet just got with Xlab gorilla XT.

I run 3 off them.

Problem Solved.

Dont bother bout searching the internet just got with Xlab gorilla XT.

I run 3 off them.

Problem Solved.

Thanks ... I'll go with it as is for now and see how we go.

I need a good light for my bike. Anyone want to suggest one? The one I have atm is ok for cars to see my but if I end up on a spot of road where there are no street lights, I struggle to see where I'm going.

Don't want to spend a million bucks but it needs to do the job.

What do I even need to look for in a good light?

I need a good light for my bike. Anyone want to suggest one? The one I have atm is ok for cars to see my but if I end up on a spot of road where there are no street lights, I struggle to see where I'm going.

Don't want to spend a million bucks but it needs to do the job.

What do I even need to look for in a good light?

Nope, not good enuf. Needs a new thread. Ur slipping Cranky!

Keep it simple. Don't worry about lumens. Just buy AYUPs

Not at that price!

Light & Motion 500 @ 99 Bikes.com

End of thread.

Thanks. I'll check it out. ..

If ur serious, AyUps. You can use em for running too and they're bludy brilliant

I don't need them for running and I'd rather gaffer tape a Dolphin torch to my tri bars than pay over $100 for a light. .... either that or just plan my routes so I can stick with the light I have.

Didnt roxii just review some on the feont page? A bike light. Not AyUps

Dunno. Will have a look. Thanks!

If you want to see to the next state a Lupine Betty R 14 with 5000 lumen.

But about $1500 Aud.

Hmm. Maybe not quite that far. I think about 20m should do it. ???

Even I bought ayups Cranky, and they cost me more than my tt and road bikes combined! Can't short change yourself when it comes to being seen at night, or in the day.

You've got 2 good bikes, race wheels, etc. Don't start whinging about 2 or 300 for some lights! If you are seriously going to be riding in the dark, then make sure you can see everything and everyone can see you. All the bling is worthless if you're lying on the road cause you didn't see that pot hole, or that car didn't see you!

Even I bought ayups Cranky, and they cost me more than my tt and road bikes combined! Can't short change yourself when it comes to being seen at night, or in the day.

You've got 2 good bikes, race wheels, etc. Don't start whinging about 2 or 300 for some lights! If you are seriously going to be riding in the dark, then make sure you can see everything and everyone can see you. All the bling is worthless if you're lying on the road cause you didn't see that pot hole, or that car didn't see you!

Yep, this. Its only going to bet darker

First and foremost ayup owner and fan here but there's too much fan boy talk going on here.

You don't buy ayups because you will be seen better than with cheaper lights, in fact many of the cheaper lights will allow you to see and be seen much better.

You buy them because you want lights that will last a very long time and not waste your time messing around, replacing batteries or failing after a few months of use.

Just get what ironpo recommended and you will be more than fine. He rides the darkest of roads for longer than any of us so if its good enough for him...

However be warned that you may see your $100 go to waste because like all cheapish light they will break, they will stop charging properly, something will happen.

Then you will spend another hundred odd dollars on another cheapie and go through the same process until you spend more on cheap lights than you would have if you bought the ayups in the first place.

My set is about 8 years old, works as new, would never buy any other brand.

Yeah dito Rog. I went through a fair few cheaper ight sets before the Ayups, and had repeated problems. Went Ayups and never looked back. The flexibility of 3 light brightneses gives you awesome batery life. You can see clearly with them, theyre solid as and last well. Very god quality. They are an investment

Will only need them until June/ October. Will not need to ride stupid distances after that, so won't need to be up at, actually before, sparrow's fart.

i think the joysticks are around $180 - $200

as rog said you get what u pay for

they are very robust , i have three for 2 years with no problems and you can mount them in seconds on helmet , tri bars or road bars

last for 10 -12 hrs on flash and at least 2 hrs on full and full is plenty good enough

you can also run with them in your hand as there are very light and small

we used to use cheap crap lights until MRs ip had her accident because she didn't see a wombat

came back home 8 weeks later after being airlifted 400ks to melb to a brain rehab hospital

she didn't work for 8 months

don't skimp on lights , its not worth it

I have some of the original ayups, just the "on-off" type, no flash mode or hi-low mode, have worked faultlessly since day 1.

Am using other lights at the moment if you want to borrow my ayups they are only a post bag away.

Ayups here as well for all the reasons Rog gave.

I'm a bit slow, but back to the thing you were pointing to on your new xlab, you can also buy a Garmin mount that goes there and also holds your straw down

Cranky, buy the AYUPS, use them until you have finished with them and sell them on here.

The money you will 'lose' selling the used AYUPS will be less than it will cost you for a cheaper light....used AYUPS always sell very quickly.

Take roxii up on his offer, if you truly believe you won't be riding after you do* Kona. Can't beat that. If you need to fit them to your TT bike we can explain how to do it.

that's what i have, been very pleased with it and the Tracer rear.

They are great

Espually as you don't have to much around with mounting battery's and cables etc

Get a joystick and just fit the rubber band mount click in the light and wamo off you go

CheeersIvp

Mine cost 50$ from 99 bikes. charge is only good for a long ride but stick it in the charger when I get home and I'm good to go next day. I've had it for nearly three years.

What's it called?

Archived