Cranky

Cranky Update

I'm not sure of your point. 7th or 10th k? Are you training for ironman or to swim the channel?

If you always swim between 58-61 minutes no matter what training you do, you are definitely a one speed swimmer. If your happy with that I'd suggest you do the bare minimum sim training that will allow you to get out of the water not feeling fatigued. If you want to get below 55 then you need to mix up your swim speeds. I'm pretty sure your 20x50s fast as for the 7th km doesn't count ...

The races I do now have ten K swims to start the day

No point really in my post except I reckon for most people it doesn't matter what u do as long as you have an average technique then you will always swim around XXX

I believe there is far too much time wasted in drills, strange sets and talking at the end of the pool

Having said that I reckon you still should swim as much as u can as the fitness carries over to the rest of your race (in long course)

Just get in the pool and FFNN swim

Do some hard stuff , do some long sets , do lots of 100s and throw in some 50s

Get out

No FFNNN around with drills and talking , just swim

Unless your an Olympic swimmer don't turn it into brain surgery

Cheers

Ivp

The talking is half the fun!

Wheels - check (Just ordered them. Bit of a wait though )

Caden 50/60 Clinchers, black decal.

[emoji322]

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Edited by Cranky
  • Like 4

Wheels - check (Just ordered them. Bit of a wait though )

Caden 50/60 Clinchers, black decal.

[emoji322]

Smart choice.

• Like 1

See how much you can achieve when you just get shit done rather than starting multiple threads trying to decide what shit to do... ;-)

• Like 2

Long Service Leave for Cairns approved today

[emoji322]

• Like 2

nice work on the wheels

good choice

no comment from me on the long service leave though Lol

cheers

ivp

Surely you can't be that old?

If your a school teacher you get long service leave if your still at school at 4pm :-) LOL

:-)

Cheers

• Like 6

Long Service Leave for Cairns approved today

[emoji322]

Roxii,

Just in case you missed it, better bring forward the purchase of those extra servers to handle the extra traffic during term time

• Like 1

If your a school teacher you get long service leave if your still at school at 4pm :-) LOL

:-)

Cheers

Haha! Nice one :)

• Like 1

bbf60220226f3b52d4d4a8eab9546072.jpg

Seriously! ? Is it gold plated? !!

Ps Happy Easter! !!

Ps Happy Easter! !!

Price is ridiculous isn't it, considering you can pick up a water bottle made from the same materials for $2 $3.

Ps Happy Easter! !!

They see you coming a mile away!

I had the original Torpedo mount, it came with a regular water bottle and spare Velcro tabs for £21 about 6yrs ago. Still got it, still works!

I think that torpedo 400 is a heavy piece of shit. The bite valve on the straw broke on my second ride. There's so many screws and you need 3 hands to install the thing. (Slight exaggeration.) Totally overpriced.

I'll think I'll ziptie something on my new ride, or get one of those simple standard bottle cage mounts with garmin mount on top.

Ziplock ties all the way. After much research I reckon not only are they the cheaper option but also the most aero.

CD1E0E62-A518-4681-AFC6-D6FD0B316BF3.jpg

82996903-3074-4839-A98F-A9D5B99CA65A.jpg

• Like 1

Ziplock ties all the way. After much research I reckon not only are they the cheaper option but also the most aero.

What's in the oven?

CD1E0E62-A518-4681-AFC6-D6FD0B316BF3.jpg

82996903-3074-4839-A98F-A9D5B99CA65A.jpg

Ps Happy Easter! !!

They have to get back the money the waste sending free stuff to Corky and Co. ..

• Like 1

Rog, I was wondering what the steel extension on your saddle was but then I realized it was a pot handle in the background...LOL [emoji3]

I was just about to retro fit something similar to my bike for a little more "free speed" [emoji1]

• Like 1

Home made bracket...2 x 20mm conduit cut in half with 2 x 20mm alum flat bar pop riveted through it then zip tied to extensions. Standard cage bolted through flat bar, very rigid and haven't lost a bottle to date.

6fd16e6ce38ae188f759c1eed4ebd176.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by hacq1
  • Like 1

Rog, I was wondering what the steel extension on your saddle was but then I realized it was a pot handle in the background...LOL [emoji3]

I was just about to retro fit something similar to my bike for a little more "free speed" [emoji1]

I want to see how Rog attaches that pink Princess bento box to his frame :)

• Like 2

I want to see how Rog attaches that pink Princess bento box to his frame :)

And whether the wine bottle fits in a standard cage

Sorry forgot to add hashtags to all my product placements

#cervelo #p5 #xendurance #endura #cadbury #smeg etc etc

• Like 1

Are you looking to buy that Cranky?

I would like something that sits horizontal between my bars rather than vertical. The one that I have now rattles like you wouldn't believe when I'm going over rough road. I also like that one in the picture as you can attach your Garmin to it. That way I can take it off the aero bars. However I'm not prepared to pay that price for it! That is just crazy. Even I wouldn't pay that! That is saying something.[emoji13]

I would like something that sits horizontal between my bars rather than vertical. The one that I have now rattles like you wouldn't believe when I'm going over rough road. I also like that one in the picture as you can attach your Garmin to it. That way I can take it off the aero bars. However I'm not prepared to pay that price for it! That is just crazy. Even I wouldn't pay that! That is saying something.[emoji13]

They are fairly average quality too. The wing where you are supposed to tuck the straw is a pisspoor design. Most people have been forced to modify it. I use velcro, others have used magnets I also had issues with the Garmin mount supplied and ditched it and just used a mount that attaches to the aero bars. Apparently they have rectified mount issues with their latest design? It rattles like shit too so I've used some velcro tabs to absorb the rattling. I can't get the rear velcro straps on for the cage either, as the slots are blocked by the aero bar brackets on my P2 so I've had to use zip ties, which are fine. All in all a pretty crap product that now does an OK job after a number of modifcations/hacks.

Edited by zed

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapat

Ive sent you a msg on facebook, let me know if you don't get it.

• Like 1

Insert the code Corky93 at checkout for 20% discount. .

• Like 1

Wow oh wow am I do over seeing #C's name in every second post of the forum. I thought it would have died it's slow death by now....

• Like 5

Wow oh wow am I do over seeing #C's name in every second post of the forum. I thought it would have died it's slow death by now....

Why don't you like Cranky? What's wrong with you goughy? :P

• Like 1

Why don't you like Cranky? What's wrong with you goughy? :P

[emoji22]

Windtrainer tip.... don't use a Bento Box for unwrapped snacks during training. ... they end up soggy from sweat. ... ewwww

Who uses a bento box during a windtrainer session? Anything I need sits on the arm of the lounge chair

Who uses a bento box during a windtrainer session? Anything I need sits on the arm of the lounge chair

My lounge room ...

b9ee7666e100b84b34bba87d7467ae6f.jpg

I assume you're using the wt cause you need to look after the kids? If not please get out and hit the hinterland, some beautiful rides on the coast.

• Like 1

You must be good entertainment for the rest of the campsite...

Yeah. They think I'm nuts!

They wake ... I'm pedaling

They go for a shower ... I'm pedaling

They come back from the shower ... I'm pedaling

They go get the paper ... I'm pedaling

They come back from the shop ... I'm pedaling

You get the idea.

Last easter I was training for Port IM so it was the same. Seems I've made an impact as several people as they remember us from then but I have no clue who they are. I suppose there are only a few crazies who would do this!

Edited by Cranky

I assume you're using the wt cause you need to look after the kids? If not please get out and hit the hinterland, some beautiful rides on the coast.

Yep. Planning on getting on the road again next week when Dazz will be here in the mornings.

Yep. Planning on getting on the road again next week when Dazz will be here in the mornings.

Why wait?

300-BikeTheDrive-0155.JPG

• Like 1

Yeah. They think I'm nuts!

They wake ... I'm peddling

They go for a shower ... I'm peddling

They come back from the shower ... I'm peddling

They go get the paper ... I'm peddling

They come back from the shop ... I'm peddling

You get the idea.

Last easter I was training for Port IM so it was the same. Seems I've made an impact as several people as they remember us from then but I have no clue who they are. I suppose there are only a few crazies who would do this!

What are you peddling?

• Like 2