Trump is the President

13 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Thanks IJ. I'd forgotten all about the "grab them by the pussy" comments.

Well, you're not doing your job properly then, are you?

• Haha 1
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The sandbox is for non Tri related topics.  It’s not a place for people to carry on like idiots. 

A few posts of the last 24hrs have been deleted. I don't have time to go over the previous 96 pages.  If it's not adding value to the thread, discussing politics in a respectful manner towards th

If the last few months have taught me anything it’s that when you peel back the thin veneer the US is a mighty screwed up place on oh so many fronts.   

Posted Images

Posted by Alan Jones the other night: (rip it apart people)!

How much will Trump pulling China into line be a plus for him in the minds of the American voter?

Their jobs and the US economy have been crippled by this Wuhan virus.
Surely, American voters will look at the scoreboard.
Prior to coronavirus, Trump had the American economy on fire.
Since his election, 7 million new jobs.
Unemployment, the lowest in 50 years.
Unemployment for African Americans, Hispanic Americans and Asian Americans, the lowest in history.
Unemployment rate for women, the lowest in 70 years.
In the year of 2019, women filled 72 percent of all new jobs.
Unemployment for disabled Americans were at an all-time low.
Workers without a high school diploma had the lowest unemployment rate in US history.
African American poverty, the lowest rate every recorded.
Since his election, the net worth of the bottom-half of wage earners increased by 47 percent - three times faster than the increase for the top one percent.
Drug overdose deaths declined for the first time in 30 years.
Surely that’s his ticket to re-election!

15 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

As well as being prickly Dan Empfield writes incredibly long turgid posts designed to impress you with his word smithing and remind you who is the boss

Imagine if he owned Trannys too. 

Just imagine that.........

Just imagine.....

• Like 1
2 hours ago, more said:

Someone like Biden I would bet still holds the views he had from 40 years ago. Talk to any old person, their views generally don't change.

So how do you explain Obama's relationship with Biden?  Obama praises him - and this was before he was a nominee.  According to everything I have read, they had a great relationship when he was in office...

Just now, BogFrog said:

So how do you explain Obama's relationship with Biden?  Obama praises him - and this was before he was a nominee.  According to everything I have read, they had a great relationship when he was in office...

You do realise you are talking about people who would sell their soul to get what they want? The same people who go into a debate telling everyone how bad the other nominees are..only to then tell everyone how great they are after they get selected to run for president...

Even in our politics-how many times have you had the impression that a team had a strong relationship, only to find out afterwards they hated each other-Hawk/Keating etc

Make no mistake every move in politics is a game to further their own cause. Its a big long game of chess....Obama might think Biden is the biggest racist ever-but if having him as VP meant it helped him get elected he would say the sun shines out of his bottom and he farts Chanell no 5..

2 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

How much will Trump pulling China into line be a plus for him in the minds of the American voter?

Unemployment for African Americans, Hispanic Americans and Asian Americans, the lowest in history.
Workers without a high school diploma had the lowest unemployment rate in US history.
Since his election, the net worth of the bottom-half of wage earners increased by 47 percent - three times faster than the increase for the top one percent.

Orange man bad

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BogFrog said:

So why did Obama wait until Bernie was done in the primaries before endorsing Biden?

30 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

So why did Obama wait until Bernie was done in the primaries before endorsing Biden?

Didn't he say when he left the white house that he was going to stay out of things?  I don't think I imagined that.  And why didn't he stick to his word?  He saw the damage the great orange buffoon is doing I guess??  Dunno...

He waited until the party and voters united behind a candidate and then endorsed the candidate his party chose!!

Polls consistently show that had Saint Barack of Obama been able to run for a third term he would have won easily and even now if he could they would elect him again:

Edited by BarryBevan
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

He waited until the party and voters united behind a candidate and then endorsed the candidate his party chose!!

Polls consistently show that had Saint Barack of Obama been able to run for a third term he would have won easily and even now if he could they would elect him again:

There was an interesting article during the week that pondered the possibility of Obama being Biden's running mate and what would happen if Biden passed away while in office.  Technically the VP would then assume the Presidency but no one is sure what should happen if Obama was VP.  Because Presidents are only supposed to have 2 terms

"No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of President more than once."

My reading of that is that he has already been elected twice so can't be elected again - BUT he could serve the remainder of a term if he becomes president after being elected VP.  But couldn't be re-elected after that.

I am definitely no expert and this was a 2 second google search midway through my second G&T, so don't listen to me....

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, -H- said:

I am definitely no expert and this was a 2 second google search midway through my second G&T, so don't listen to me....

If your G&T's are anything like this first scotch I've just poured, I'm surprised you can still type while on your 2nd. :)

• Haha 3
14 minutes ago, -H- said:

"No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of President more than once."

My reading of that is that he has already been elected twice so can't be elected again - BUT he could serve the remainder of a term if he becomes president after being elected VP.  But couldn't be re-elected after that.

And thats pretty much the conclusion the article came to.  But because its never been tested, they wernt prepared to commit to any specific outcome.

1 minute ago, -- AJ -- said:

And thats pretty much the conclusion the article came to.  But because its never been tested, they wernt prepared to commit to any specific outcome.

Yep, it would be a big call to run it 

1 hour ago, -H- said:

That's how I read it as well

He's ineligible to stand, but eligible to serve

I think too many people would see it as a concession that Joe won't make a full term.

But then again, is that a bad thing? I suppose many would vote for Joe/Obama over Trump that may not bother to vote for Joe/Harris over Trump.

20 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

That's how I read it as well

He's ineligible to stand, but eligible to serve

Even if that was allowed under US law, if it happened you could bet you last dollar it would be decided by the courts 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I think too many people would see it as a concession that Joe won't make a full term.

He's referred to himself as a 'transitional candidate' 

3 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

If your G&T's are anything like this first scotch I've just poured, I'm surprised you can still type while on your 2nd. :)

This is my first alcohol free night in about a month.  You are making it difficult it for me talking about G&Ts and Scotch

Maybe it was his last day working in the Whitehouse press gallery, so he figured "why not"??

Surely he wouldn’t have expected an answer to that question. I would not think any other president in history (could be wrong) would have been asked that question, but then I don’t think any other president in history has treated press conferences as pr rallies like the Don has.

8 minutes ago, Mike Del said:

Surely he wouldn’t have expected an answer to that question. I would not think any other president in history (could be wrong) would have been asked that question, but then I don’t think any other president in history has treated press conferences as pr rallies like the Don has.

Maybe Nixon?

Trump propagating shit about Harris' eligibility due to her birth, much the same as he did about Obama.

It's sad enough when such behaviour is considered predictable from a president. Even sadder that their will be some willing to believe it and others willing to defend it.

On 13/08/2020 at 3:44 PM, IronJimbo said:

I thought it was customary for past presidents of both parties to withhold endorsements until late in the race so as not to have undue influence on the result.

Of bigger significance would be George W Bush endorsement, or lack thereof, of Trump. You can throw some other prominent Republicans into that basket as well, (Romney, Powell).

Michael Cohen, John Bolton, Mary Trump's books.......There's a common theme here.

Do prominent Republicans, many who worked closely with Trump, and many of those who know him well, really have developed their views of the man quite by accident?

29 minutes ago, Paul Every said:

Trump propagating shit about Harris' eligibility due to her birth, much the same as he did about Obama.

It's sad enough when such behaviour is considered predictable from a president. Even sadder that their will be some willing to believe it and others willing to defend it.

Reporter asks Trump about theory

Trump says he has no idea about theory

"Trump stokes theory"

*yawn*

On 13/08/2020 at 12:02 PM, IronmanFoz said:

The Coronavirus. Yes, a prime example of Trump's inept leadership.
220 000 dead American citizens by election day.
A post-GFC trajectory which was inherited from the previous administration.
A post-GFC trajectory which was inherited from the previous administration. Or are we also including the many lost jobs which have returned in the past few months, which Trump triumphed this week?
A post-GFC trajectory which was inherited from the previous administration.
A trajectory which was inherited from the previous administration.
A trajectory which was inherited from the previous administration.
Etc......

24 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

"Trump stokes theory"

*yawn*

Bullshit. Listen to what he said.

It's cheap politics straight from the Trump playbook. Along his familiar tropes of "Some are saying....", "Many think....", etc. It's the way Trump floats lies and misinformation in the public realm without taking any accountability for what he's saying.

It's Trump deliberately stoking a conspiracy theory. He easily could have said the truth (just as he easily could have with Obama.), and if he doesn't know the truth, he's an ignorant dumbf*ck, but that's also more than probable he's both.

I'll be gracious and afford you the opportunity to choose only one. What will it be, liar or dumbf*ck?

Edited by Paul Every
  • Like 1
On 05/08/2020 at 11:47 PM, Paul Every said:

Trump interviewed by Swan.

A few "highlights":

• Infers Spain's spike in covid (3000 new cases/day, 8 deaths/day) is comparable to the US (60000 cases/day, 1100 deaths/day)
  • Claims US has handled covid among the best in the world because they've saved millions of lives.
  • Claims US has conducted twice the number of tests as Europe (Europe has conducted more tests)
  • Yet also claims the US tests too much.
  • When Trump took over , there were no tests. Duh! There wasn't any covid either. Why would there be any tests?
  • Cast doubt on South Korea only having 300 covid deaths.
  • Totally fails to understand that deaths/# of cases is largely irrelevant stat. Struggles to understand or explain the associated graph.
  • Dismisses and doesn't understand why deaths per capitva is a highly relevant stat.
  • Claims Florida deaths are going down. (7 day average has been climbing unabated for the past month)
  • Dismisses Whitehouse Intelligence Briefing on Russian bounties on US soldiers in Afghanistan
  • Claims to have massively reduced US troops in Afghanistan (8800 when DT came to office, 8500 now). Disputes figures when challenged.
  • Painfully explains that Russia used to be the USSR in a manner that this is remarkable knowledge that few possess.
  • When asked about John Lewis' legacy, refrains from commenting, first on the basis that Trump didn't know him, then because "He didn't come to my inauguration".
  • Claims to have done more for African Americans than any president since Lincoln. When repeatedly questioned about Lyndon Johnson's passing of the Civil Rights Act, Trump's eventual response was to question how well that worked out.
  • When questioned about his recent comments about not accepting the possible loss of election in November, Trump replied that Hillary Clinton didn't accept the decision in 2016, (despite Clinton conceding on the night of the election).
  • Claimed mail in voting is a new thing, despite having been in place in the US since the Civil War.

Plenty more lies, deflection, delusion, rolled gold bullshit, lack of comprehension and blind stupidity. That's only a sample.

Did any Trumpsters watch this? Thoughts?

8 hours ago, Paul Every said:

Bullshit. Listen to what he said.

It's cheap politics straight from the Trump playbook. Along his familiar tropes of "Some are saying....", "Many think....", etc. It's the way Trump floats lies and misinformation in the public realm without taking any accountability for what he's saying.

It's Trump deliberately stoking a conspiracy theory. He easily could have said the truth (just as he easily could have with Obama.), and if he doesn't know the truth, he's an ignorant dumbf*ck, but that's also more than probable he's both.

I'll be gracious and afford you the opportunity to choose only one. What will it be, liar or dumbf*ck?

Your selective outrage over cheap politics and conspiracy theories is rather stark

The Democrats spent three years trying to stoke a conspiracy theory about Russian meddling in the 2016 election, not to mention their sham impeachment based on textbook foreign policy in Ukraine

And yet only last week we saw further evidence that the Obama administration's corrupted DOJ meddled in the 2016 election

And there's no 'some are saying' or 'many think' about that, a bloke pleaded guilty

9 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

"Trump stokes theory"

*yawn*

So I just heard that, I heard it today that she doesn’t meet the requirements,” Trump said during a White House news briefing.

I have no idea if that’s right. I would have assumed the Democrats would have checked that out before she gets chosen to run for vice president. But that’s a very serious,” Trump said, breaking off the thought.

You’re saying that, they’re saying that she doesn’t qualify because she wasn’t born in this country?”

Trump said he would take a look at the question of Harris’s eligibility.

18 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

So I just heard that, I heard it today that she doesn’t meet the requirements,” Trump said during a White House news briefing.

I have no idea if that’s right. I would have assumed the Democrats would have checked that out before she gets chosen to run for vice president. But that’s a very serious,” Trump said, breaking off the thought.

You’re saying that, they’re saying that she doesn’t qualify because she wasn’t born in this country?”

Trump said he would take a look at the question of Harris’s eligibility.

"I just heard that"

"I have no idea if that's right"

"You're saying that"

Disgusting stuff...

28 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

"I just heard that"

"You're saying that"

Disgusting stuff...

I pasted what he actually said, in a classic Iron Jim move of not dealing with the issue, you pasted bits of what he said so you can change the context.

12 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

I pasted what he actually said, in a classic Iron Jim move of not dealing with the issue, you pasted bits of what he said so you can change the context.

What response to that question would have been sufficient for you and Paul?

(Other than 'I am resigning the Presidency')

48 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

What response to that question would have been sufficient for you and Paul?

(Other than 'I am resigning the Presidency')

Are you willing to discuss what was said, rather than stuff that well he did not say, or take the bits you want to discuss changing the context so you can play wining the internet?

24 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Are you willing to discuss what was said, rather than stuff that well he did not say, or take the bits you want to discuss changing the context so you can play wining the internet?

He was asked a question and answered it. If the press want to know why some random lawyer thinks Harris might be ineligible, they should ask the random lawyer

Just now, IronJimbo said:

He was asked a question and answered it. If the press want to know why some random lawyer thinks Harris might be ineligible, they should ask the random lawyer

Yes he did, you chose to ignore his actual answer and debate a position around something he didn't say.

2 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Yes he did, you chose to ignore his actual answer and debate a position around something he didn't say.

And?

Is Bill shorten racist for pushing the citizenship crisis for all it was worth?

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

"I just heard that"

"You're saying that"

Disgusting stuff...

Or you could quote these bits instead

"So I just heard that, I heard it today that she doesn't meet the requirements"

"But that's a very serious"

"she doesn’t qualify because she wasn’t born in this country?”