Peter

Trump is the President

IJ, it's futile conversing with you on this. Of all people who have been on this forum, it's hard to recall anyone behaving so stridently inflexible and incapable of discussing matters without a dogmatic blinkered fallback to a left/right divide.

So I'm going to dip out on this topic with these final words.

America's first black president gave the eulogy at the funeral of one the country's giants of civil rights movement. He spoke eloquently of the man and his life and ideals, and reflected on their current relevance, at a time when civil rights remains a massive contemporary issue.

I consider that appropriate.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Paul Every said:

So I'm going to dip out on this topic with these final words.

Nooooooooooooooooooo.

There aren't too many " voices of reason " left on this site.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Nooooooooooooooooooo.

There aren't too many " voices of reason " left on this site.

Don't despair, I meant I've had my say on John Lewis' funeral, not the Trump thread in general.

I'll probably post again once I've come to terms with Trump's description of Doctor Stella Immanuel as "highly respected" and "spectacular".

While she's a certifiable crackpot for her beliefs on doctors making medicines from alien DNA, a vaccine to eliminate religion, and women having sex with demons and witches causing endometriosis, I'm still hopeful she's right about the White House being run by non-human reptilian spirits.

I'm genuinely excited by the prospect of reptilian overlords and once I can find reliable confirmation, I'll be enthusiastically posting both here and in the "Political decisions from across the divide" thread.

Can't wait for the Republicans to swap the elephant for a giant alien-humanoid lizard.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

The fact remains that the struggles of 50 years ago and longer were against Democrats. And the only dream of MLK's that hasn't come to fruition is the inability of Democrats (including St Barack) to see past skin colour  

Funny isn't it, how now its very front of mind if someone is a certain race, ethnicity, sexual orientation...its like we have gone the complete opposite of seeing everyone the same..

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, more said:

Funny isn't it, how now its very front of mind if someone is a certain race, ethnicity, sexual orientation...its like we have gone the complete opposite of seeing everyone the same..

Not with me. In fact I care nothing for a person’s race, ethnicity, or sexual orientation. I’d say my friends and family feel this way also.

According to figjam that must make me a lefty like you Paul 😂 

2 hours ago, Mike Del said:

Not with me. In fact I care nothing for a person’s race, ethnicity, or sexual orientation. I’d say my friends and family feel this way also.

No, these days it makes you culturally and sexualy insensitive. We need to be consciously aware of other peoples differences and treat them differently accordingly.... Apparently... 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mike Del said:

It actually makes you conservative 

Do you feel dirty?

On 01/08/2020 at 9:38 AM, IronJimbo said:

Form

As I've said before, Trump could find a cure for cancer, and people like Paul would complain about him putting oncologists out of work 

Why would I do that?

I don't complain about you putting a colonoscopist out of work when you've got you're head up your arse.

;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Paul Every said:

Why would I do that?

I don't complain about you putting a colonoscopist out of work when you've got you're head up your arse.

;)

giphy.gif

On 01/08/2020 at 11:41 AM, more said:

Lol nah, hugs and understanding is all you need

The crooks obviously didn't get the memo about "a civilian led department of community safety & violence prevention replacing the Seattle Police Department with: "culturally-relevant expertise rooted in community connections, "housing, food security, and other basic needs," and "trauma-informed, gender-affirming, anti-racist praxis."

What a sad time for normal people just wanting to go about their life and provide for their family... 

"Minneapolis police tell residents to obey criminals and ‘be prepared’ to be robbed

The Minneapolis Police Department (MPD) told residents they should “be prepared” to hand over their phones, wallets, and purses to robbers.

The MPD has reported a 46 percent increase in carjackings and a 36 percent increase in robberies compared to this same time last year, according to WCCO.

Police in the city’s Third Precinct alone have received more than 100 reports of robberies and 20 reports of carjackings in just the last month.

Officials are now telling residents to be ready and willing to comply with the demands of criminals in an email sent to Third Precinct residents.

“Be prepared to give up your cell phone and purse/wallet,” the police said in their email, a copy of which was obtained by Alpha News. The email said citizens should listen to criminals and “do as they say.”

The message warned that “some victims have been maced, dragged, assaulted, and some threatened with a gun.”

Edited by more

"Be prepared to give up your cell phone and purse/wallet,” the police said in their email, a copy of which was obtained by Alpha News. The email said citizens should listen to criminals and “do as they say.”

Nice source: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/alpha-news/

"Overall, we rate Alpha News Questionable based on extreme right bias, poor sourcing of information, promotion of conspiracy theories, and anti-Islamic propaganda, as well as a lack of transparency regarding ownership."

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

7 minutes ago, Dave T said:

"Be prepared to give up your cell phone and purse/wallet,” the police said in their email, a copy of which was obtained by Alpha News. The email said citizens should listen to criminals and “do as they say.”

Nice source: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/alpha-news/

"Overall, we rate Alpha News Questionable based on extreme right bias, poor sourcing of information, promotion of conspiracy theories, and anti-Islamic propaganda, as well as a lack of transparency regarding ownership."

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Are you saying the report isn't true?

I don't know what sites are legit or not? But the amount of outright lies that have come from the likes of WAPO and NY Times etc I don't know whats legit anyways..

https://thetop10news.com/2020/08/02/do-as-they-say-minneapolis-police-warn-people-to-obey-criminals-for-their-own-safety-as-violent-crime-surges-amid-blm-protests-2/

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/police-chief-responds-after-robbery-spike-in-south-southwest-minneapolis

https://www.rt.com/usa/496922-minneapolis-police-obey-criminals/

https://cloverchronicle.com/2020/08/02/minneapolis-police-tell-residents-to-obey-criminals-and-be-prepared-to-be-robbed/

Edited by more

7 minutes ago, more said:

Are you saying the report isn't true? 

4/5 of the letter is telling people to be alert, and tips on how to prevent being robbed. The article just tells people they are going to get robbed, and hand it over. So overall, I'd say the report is very misleading.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

6 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

4/5 of the letter is telling people to be alert, and tips on how to prevent being robbed. The article just tells people they are going to get robbed, and hand it over. So overall, I'd say the report is very misleading.

Whats misleading about the report I posted? Its saying exactly what is in the letter sent out by the police? Crime has skyrocketed and they are saying to just hand over your belongings. Sensible advice sure, but how is it misleading? They have had a 46% increase in car jackigns for goodness sakes and a 36% increase in crime in what I reckon would have already been a crime riddled city. What a disaster...

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Shock horror..... those instructions of what to do if being robbed are more or less the same as the notice behind the counter of every single one of our offices.

14 minutes ago, Mike Del said:

Shock horror..... those instructions of what to do if being robbed are more or less the same as the notice behind the counter of every single one of our offices.

You guys are hilarious. Any time anything is posted that doesn't fit your narrative you find a way to dismiss it, first Dave says it's fake news and now you are saying it's so real that it's common place. 

All while missing the key point-crime has increased so much the police are actively telling people basically its going to happen and here is what you should do. 

18 minutes ago, more said:

You guys are hilarious. Any time anything is posted that doesn't fit your narrative you find a way to dismiss it, first Dave says it's fake news and now you are saying it's so real that it's common place. 

All while missing the key point-crime has increased so much the police are actively telling people basically its going to happen and here is what you should do. 

And we're the ones who are blindly partisan...

23 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

well now you are just partisan!!

I've never claimed otherwise

On principles, not necessarily parties 

Edited by IronJimbo

13 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Law and order going down the tubes in another Democrat-run city

Unfortunately I'm not sure if that actually counts as news anymore 

2 hours ago, more said:

You’ve finally figured out how this site works. 

what took you so long?

7 minutes ago, Peter said:

You’ve finally figured out how this site works. 

what took you so long?

Katz's thread from last week gets more relevant by the day

25 minutes ago, Peter said:

This is clever 

Lincoln Project is a group of disgruntled Republicans who feel Trump has betrayed the party.

They've been releasing content for a while, primarily on Twitter and in Washington DC. It's almost if they want someone in particular to see it.

46 minutes ago, Paul Every said:

Lincoln Project is a group of disgruntled Republicans who feel Trump has betrayed the party.

They're Republicans in the same way that Malcolm Turnbull was a Liberal 

As I've noted before, Trump has actually governed more conservatively than any President since Reagan, so he is more of a Republican than the squishes sullying the great name of Lincoln 

Edited by IronJimbo

19 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Is this how I'm supposed to play this game?

"Overall, we rate Brooking Institution Left-Center biased based on donations to primarily Democratic candidates, as well as policy advocacy that slightly favors the left. "

"In 1977, Time magazine described it as the "nation's pre-eminent liberal think tank"

Only joking, I'll read it later

40 minutes ago, more said:

Is this how I'm supposed to play this game?

"Overall, we rate Brooking Institution Left-Center biased based on donations to primarily Democratic candidates, as well as policy advocacy that slightly favors the left. "

"In 1977, Time magazine described it as the "nation's pre-eminent liberal think tank"

Only joking, I'll read it later

I don't know suppose we can read the things we share and have a discussion. It is hard to find a google ranked search that is positive on Trump.

Sure they have a bias, there are few that have a centre balanced slant, due to funding.

They did review each presidency critically including Obama's failing to implement Obama Care, so they are not myopic.

Searched hard to find genuine media article from any where touting his success, but here is the Chicago Tribune, not sure if they are being serious.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/rex-huppke/ct-coronavirus-trump-kushner-testing-success-economy-deaths-huppke-20200430-2zefkynofnbdvg7kstvfuxoiby-story.html

4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

They're Republicans in the same way that Malcolm Turnbull was a Liberal 

As I've noted before, Trump has actually governed more conservatively than any President since Reagan, so he is more of a Republican than the squishes sullying the great name of Lincoln 

Apples and oranges.

Turnbull was unpopular within the LNP because he couldn't gain support from the the right of the party.

Trump's unpopularity among some Republicans stems from his multitude of failings, many of which have nothing to do with the political spectrum.

55 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

It is hard to find a google ranked search that is positive on Trump.

We could probably start a whole new thread about why that is

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

We could probably start a whole new thread about why that is

Do you think it's all a big conspiracy to bring a great man down? 🤔

10 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Then why hasn't he banned google?

So you're calling CNBC and USA Today fake news? 

30 minutes ago, The Customer said:

Do you think it's all a big conspiracy to bring a great man down? 🤔

Google 'Donald Trump'

Then google 'Joe Biden'

See if you notice any difference