Peter

Trump is the President

13 minutes ago, Nath. said:

Lol, going with trump’s ‘no you’re the puppet’ defence.

Back to the point, show me where Biden didn’t abide by a subpoena......

If you can show me where I claimed that he did... 

Democrats and the media (but I repeat myself) having a whinge because congressional approval wasn't sought before Soleimani was taken out

Yes that's right, the very same Democrats and media who fawned over Obama when bin Laden was taken out without congressional approval 

14 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Democrats and the media (but I repeat myself) having a whinge because congressional approval wasn't sought before Soleimani was taken out

Yes that's right, the very same Democrats and media who fawned over Obama when bin Laden was taken out without congressional approval 

I would have thought there is a bit of difference between taking out a stateless terrorist leader, who had been the focus of a manhunt and a $25M bounty, and targeting a popular general from the Iranian armed forces.

Even if he did have American blood on his hands, he was not an "outlaw" recognised as such throughout the world.

• Like 1

Taking this guy out would be like Iran taking out the American VP pence. 

Yeah the guy was scum and pence isn’t in the same ball park but its still Taking out a senior person from another country. 

It wont end well for the USA. 

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I would have thought there is a bit of difference between taking out a stateless terrorist leader, who had been the focus of a manhunt and a $25M bounty, and targeting a popular general from the Iranian armed forces.

Even if he did have American blood on his hands, he was not an "outlaw" recognised as such throughout the world.

He was directly responsible for the deaths of over 600 U.S. troops and 17% of americans killed in Iraq since 2003

Not quite just a popular general

13 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

He was directly responsible for the deaths of over 600 U.S. troops and 17% of americans killed in Iraq since 2003

Not quite just a popular general

But still a legitimate member of the Iranian armed forces and security counsel. You compared him to Bin Laden.

7 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

But still a legitimate member of the Iranian armed forces and security counsel. You compared him to Bin Laden.

He had billions of dollar under his control and was way worse than bin laden.  

If only he was that bad.  

He is way way worse. 

Read this whole thread 

13 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I compared the reaction to bin Laden's death

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

E629149D-B03E-4B95-9B96-3C8B8C50EF97.png

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

The guy is a POS 

No just a liar. 

6 hours ago, Bored@work said:

E629149D-B03E-4B95-9B96-3C8B8C50EF97.png

Responding to an attack on a U.S. embassy is not starting a war

Unless a Republican does it, I suppose... 

4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Responding to an attack on a U.S. embassy is not starting a war

Unless a Republican does it, I suppose... 

I can't remember Obama starting one either.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I can't remember Obama starting one either.

No, he emboldened Iran by trying to appease them with billions of dollars 

On 18/12/2019 at 7:23 AM, Peter said:

I only have turts ironjimbo, and one other. 

:jawdrop:

1 hour ago, Turts said:

:jawdrop:

Join me, I will complete your training 

It is your destiny...

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Join me, I will complete your training 

It is your destiny...

Would I be your old grasshopper? 

57 minutes ago, Turts said:

Would I be your old grasshopper? 

Yoda maybe?

15 hours ago, The Customer said:

I made the mistake of clicking on a

ENVIyodWkAI_NAk.jpg

Ah, the good old days when articles of impeachment contained actual crimes...

More republican fake news 

gee it makes it hard for voters to know the truth now when both sides just tell blatant lies. 

047CC2BC-E02F-4D60-B756-4D76E71DC4FE.jpeg

65F1B397-9F2D-4192-BB87-108E349AB641.jpeg

15 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Ah, the good old days when articles of impeachment contained actual crimes...

And dropping bombs on countries and their citizens outside of times of war is also a crime. Trump has proven he is no different to any other terrorist dictator and should be punished for his crimes of murder and terrorism . 

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, The Customer said:

And dropping bombs on countries and their citizens outside of times of war is also a crime. Trump has proven he is no different to any other terrorist dictator and should be punished for his crimes of murder and terrorism . 

lol

Sure

And I'm sure it was perfectly okay for Obama to be killing civilians with drone strikes

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, The Customer said:

O.K, The Master Troll has laid her bait but....I have to laugh at the ignorant who gobble up their Facebook spam without any idea of facts or reality....Are you also calling to lock Obama up for murder and terrorism?

"Obama embraced the US drone programme, overseeing more strikes in his first year than Bush carried out during his entire presidency. A total of 563 strikes, largely by drones, targeted Pakistan, Somalia and Yemen during Obama’s two terms, compared to 57 strikes under Bush. Between 384 and 807 civilians were killed in those countries, according to reports logged by the Bureau."

Edited by more
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, more said:

O.K, The Master Troll has laid her bait but....I have to laugh at the ignorant who gobble up their Facebook spam without any idea of facts or reality....Are you also calling to lock Obama up for murder and terrorism?

"Obama embraced the US drone programme, overseeing more strikes in his first year than Bush carried out during his entire presidency. A total of 563 strikes, largely by drones, targeted Pakistan, Somalia and Yemen during Obama’s two terms, compared to 57 strikes under Bush. Between 384 and 807 civilians were killed in those countries, according to reports logged by the Bureau."

That's 'different'

13 minutes ago, Peter said:

Well this makes things interesting 

E61CC965-DBD2-4568-B3A9-5E8B64830A35.jpeg

Geez Osama's bounty was only $25M but who are you going to complain to if the Iranians don't pay up lol 

Hey you better pay me or I'll take you to VCAT... 

12 minutes ago, more said:

Geez Osama's bounty was only $25M

Seems fair, given that Trump is doing the job 320% better

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Seems fair, given that Trump is doing the job 320% better

lol not Obama, Osama!

...US bases attacked...here we go folks.   

your move Trump.  gulp!

Edited by Prince

Yay Iran!

In sha Allah the evil imperialist American pig-dogs will pay a heavy price for not liking their embassy being attacked 

7 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Yay Iran!

In sha Allah the evil imperialist American pig-dogs will pay a heavy price for not liking their embassy being attacked 

Yeah its a weird world a the moment-Iran attacks tankers in the gulf, blows up a US embassy killing US soldiers, the US then retaliate and you have nut jobs acting as if the US are the bad guys and Iran were just innocently minding their own business...crazy...

Like this gridiron guy-seems to seriously have mental illness

“There is nothing new about American terrorist attacks against Black and Brown people for the expansion of American imperialism,” Kaepernick tweeted in reference to the killing of General Qassem Soleimani.

Edited by more
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, more said:

Yeah its a weird world a the moment-Iran attacks tankers in the gulf, blows up a US embassy killing US soldiers, the US then retaliate and you have nut jobs acting as if the US are the bad guys and Iran were just innocently minding their own business...crazy...

yep, this strike was over a dozen missiles and these bases are heavily manned, with both Iraq and US soldiers, so interesting to hear how many casualties. 

The 'enemy of my enemy is my friend' effect has really ramped up over the last couple of years

The media's fawning obituaries for Soleimani are quite disgraceful, as are the descriptions of Trump as an 'assassin' or 'murderer'

Case in point, from Hatin' Nancy:

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Tuesday night called for an end to “needless provocations” from the Trump administration shorty after Iran claimed responsibility for launching unspecified projectiles at a military base housing U.S. troops in Iraq.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/477258-pelosi-urges-end-to-needless-provocations-after-iran-missile-attack

BTW Fill your car with petrol asap.  The petrol companies will be loving the profits they can now BS justify

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Peter said:

BTW Fill your car with petrol asap.  The petrol companies will be loving the profits they can now BS justify

Just part of the usual cycle, but most service stations in Brisbane are currently raising their prices 40c per litre.

trump has just tweeted, 

"All is well",

phew, now I can go back to my afternoon siesta. (still on holidays)

Edited by Prince

A good point well made...

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, said Tuesday he believed the missiles Iran launched at Iraqi airbases where American soldiers are stationed were "in a very real sense" paid for by the billions of dollars the Obama administration sent to Tehran in 2016.

Cruz told "Hannity" that Trump's predecessor wrongfully "appeased" Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei in hopes of reaching detente, which only served to further empower the regime.

"If you look at Iran policy, I think you've seen a dramatic shift [under President Trump]," he said. "Under Barack Obama, as you noted, the policy was appeasement. The policy under the disastrous Iran nuclear deal under Obama was to give over $100 billion to Iran."

Cruz recalled how $1.7 billion in cash was sent via airliner to Iran -- "on pallets, in the dead of night."

"In a very real sense, the missiles that we saw fired on U.S. servicemen and women tonight were paid for by the billions the Obama administration flooded the ayatollah with," he said, "If history teaches anything, it's don't give billions of dollars to people who hate you and want to kill you."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ted-cruz-iran-missiles-iraq-obama-billion-dollar-payment

• Like 1

A good point well made...

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, said Tuesday he believed the missiles Iran launched at Iraqi airbases where American soldiers are stationed were "in a very real sense" paid for by the billions of dollars the Obama administration sent to Tehran in 2016.

Cruz told "Hannity" that Trump's predecessor wrongfully "appeased" Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei in hopes of reaching detente, which only served to further empower the regime.

"If you look at Iran policy, I think you've seen a dramatic shift [under President Trump]," he said. "Under Barack Obama, as you noted, the policy was appeasement. The policy under the disastrous Iran nuclear deal under Obama was to give over $100 billion to Iran."

Cruz recalled how $1.7 billion in cash was sent via airliner to Iran -- "on pallets, in the dead of night."

"In a very real sense, the missiles that we saw fired on U.S. servicemen and women tonight were paid for by the billions the Obama administration flooded the ayatollah with," he said, "If history teaches anything, it's don't give billions of dollars to people who hate you and want to kill you."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ted-cruz-iran-missiles-iraq-obama-billion-dollar-payment

Is it really any different than Reagan funding and supplying missiles to Saddam, and even Osama bin Laden.

13 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Is it really any different than Reagan funding and supplying missiles to Saddam, and even Osama bin Laden.

Very different

Reagan gave assistance to Iraq to repel an invasion by Iran, and to the Afghan mujahedeen to repel an invasion by Russia

Obama tried to bribe Iran in the ridiculous hope that it would make the mullahs stop developing nuclear weapons and hating the U.S.

So providing weapons to those two did nothing to embolden them, and then fire them straight back at the US years later?

I'm sure your explanation will make the families of those who died during & after the Gulf War feel much better.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

So providing weapons to those two did nothing to embolden them, and then fire them straight back at the US years later?

I'm sure your explanation will make the families of those who died during & after the Gulf War feel much better.

The outcome of Reagan's (and incidentally, Carter's) actions was far less predictable

If Reagan's errors were so obvious and so egregious, why did Obama learn nothing from them?

So then, here's where we are:

- Iran fires a bunch of missiles that couldn't even hit a camel in the arse

- Despite predictions of WW3 predicted by the Democrats and the media (but I repeat myself), no further military response has been forthcoming

- Increased sanctions on Iran, which is what is really doing the job

The ball is still in Iran's court.  If they want to keep sabre-rattling and funding terrorists, the sanctions will stay, the place will go bust and the people will rise up

On the other hand, if Iran decides they want peace, that's what they'll have