Peter

Trump is the President

12 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Yeah its bizarre watching him carry on like this after the solid job he did as mayor & 9/11.  Maybe what we're seeing now is how he has always been behind the scenes

Great mayor, pretty ordinary lawyer from the looks of it

58 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Great mayor, pretty ordinary lawyer from the looks of it

And pretty ordinary morals & ethics, but then again that probably goes hand in hand with being a mayor/politician, and a lawyer (sorry Katz).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rog said:

To think that Rudi Giuliani was the American mayor, a symbol of hope post 9/11 attacks. 

And now just an unhinged old man helping crooks help a crook. Sad!

Yeah I read his book all those years ago and thought the guy was brilliant. 

Now not so much.

I read a bit of a side note to Trump's executive orders yesterday which also highlights the insidious nature of software subscriptions.

Apparently POTUSA made an Exec. Order for US companies not to trade with Venezuela so Adobe will dutifully switch off the authority servers for all Adobe subscription software in Venezuela on October 28, instantly rendering their software useless. https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/7/20904030/adobe-venezuela-photoshop-behance-us-sanctions

There appears to be some debate about people who have already paid and the governments edict is not to offer credits or refunds... I'm curious to see if Apple and MS do the same as I'm sure they both have the ability to nuke their OSs remotely.

I really hate subscription software...

I am uneducated with this comment as I’ve never been to turkey or Syria and only going on what I’ve seen on tv, but the ch10 news reporter is saying with the yanks out of helping the Kurds and Turkey going in, the turkey president said don’t Fark with us Europe or we will open the borders and let all the refugees here flood out. 

If so, did trump just Fark over Europe?

• Haha 1

Edited by Rog

Trump Has Spent 278 Years Of Presidential Salary On Taxpayer Funded Golf Trips

According to Trump Golf Count, Trump has taken 207 golf trips and counting, at a cost to taxpayers of $108 million and counting. Taxpayers are getting a horrible deal. The country would be better off paying Trump his salary and forcing the president to pay for his own golf trips.

Didn't he complain about how much golf Obama played?

You needed to see a Trump rally to know that????

6 hours ago, Peter said:

According to Trump Golf Count, Trump has taken 207 golf trips and counting, at a cost to taxpayers of $108 million and counting. Taxpayers are getting a horrible deal. The country would be better off paying Trump his salary and forcing the president to pay for his own golf trips.

He should play more. Lowest unemployment rate in the US in 50 years! 

10 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

They are still seeing the great work of Obama. 

• Thanks 1

Like  (I'm out of likes B@, so this'll have to do)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Labor force participation (people either working or looking for a job) rate is only 63%. If it went back to the 66% it was a few years ago (and what ours is now) then those extra 3% of people looking for a job would push the unemployment rate up to around 8%.

It doesn't look as good when you add in the people who have given up looking.

13 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

and also in all the ethnic breaks.  insane what he doing economically.   

guess we have the net effects of him and how bad sco mo is to thank for our stuffed economy.   not looking forward to going to the us next time re exchange rate.

10 minutes ago, Oompa Loompa said:

not looking forward to going to the us next time re exchange rate.

More than 1.5x at the moment. Hurts when i think back to 2011!!!

2 hours ago, Parkside said:

More than 1.5x at the moment. Hurts when i think back to 2011!!!

Yep, it hurts a lot. 

It's now cheaper to by Air Jordans in Australia.

Will it impact the cost of my Dunlop volleys or kt26's from Kmart?

I wanted to buy a pile of $1US notes to use as tips etc for my trip to India but most places will only sell a few, and if you buy a hundred dollars or more you get mixed notes. A place in town sold me 20 x $1US notes on Friday for $25Aus. I'll be going back there more often.

57 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I wanted to buy a pile of $1US notes to use as tips etc for my trip to India but most places will only sell a few, and if you buy a hundred dollars or more you get mixed notes. A place in town sold me 20 x $1US notes on Friday for $25Aus. I'll be going back there more often.

Wow, where’s that? 

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I wonder if they are like the ones we got in Vietnam that turned yellow when they got damp 🤔

17 minutes ago, Oompa Loompa said:

yes, do tell this mythical brisbane exchange rate place because if I find myself in brisbane in the next day or two, I may well visit them.

After I use them a couple more times.

I'm sure the guy just stuffed up, but I'm not complaining.

On 12/10/2019 at 11:40 PM, Bored@work said:

They are still seeing the great work of Obama. 

Oh dear........ you mean Obama..... the most ineffective president of all time.......well almost.

8 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Oh dear........ you mean Obama..... the most ineffective president of all time.......well almost.

Good economy - Obama 

Bad economy - Trump

2 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Lol,

God, you’re a sook 

Wow, that really burned you, huh?

Sowwy for giving you a boo-boo in your fee-fees...

18 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Wow, that really burned you, huh?

Sowwy for giving you a boo-boo in your fee-fees...

I honestly can't stop laughing

On 12/10/2019 at 5:21 PM, Peter said:

And now awards G7 conference to his own failing resort in Florida. Gravy train rolls on.

1 hour ago, Parkside said:

And now awards G7 conference to his own failing resort in Florida. Gravy train rolls on.

lol

I wonder if you realise how Trump-esque you just sounded by referring to his resort as 'failing'

1 hour ago, Parkside said:

Its actually A great business idea. 

I doubt illegal.  Play on. 

7 minutes ago, Peter said:

I'm sure Nancy Pelosi will have a house committee looking into it anyway 

12 minutes ago, Peter said:

Doesn’t really matter if it’s illegal or not, Again it’s just another example where the Office of President should be a long way above all this crap.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, roxii said:

Doesn’t really matter if it’s illegal or not, Again it’s just another example where the Office of President should be a long way above all this crap.

Its prob Not even him suggesting.  

Probably one of his kids. 

On 18/10/2019 at 7:41 AM, IronJimbo said:

lol

I wonder if you realise how Trump-esque you just sounded by referring to his resort as 'failing'

sorry I'm just going by the fact it's profits have reduced 70% in 2 years.  Yuuuge.

That decision is without precedent in modern American history: The President used his public office to direct a massive contract to himself. The G-7 Summit draws hundreds of diplomats, journalists and security personnel, as well as a worldwide spotlight.

Trump has visited his own properties more than 100 times as President, sometimes bringing along foreign leaders. Those visits have resulted in tens of thousands of dollars in revenue for his businesses, as the US government - and other governments - pay for their personnel to accompany him.

But this is something on a different scale: seven foreign leaders, plus hundreds of other foreign personnel, would be housed at Trump's resort near the Miami airport. Trump is already facing lawsuits for allegedly violating the Constitution's ban on receiving "emoluments" from foreign governments.

By doing this, he could be inviting a huge increase in the very line of business that these lawsuits are scrutinising.

The selection of Doral as the site of the G-7 seems to signal the collapse of promises made by both Donald Trump and Eric Trump at the start of the Trump presidency, when they pledged to create separation between Trump's private business and his new public office.

"I will be leaving my great business in total," Trump said then.

"There are lines that we would never cross, and that's mixing business with anything government," Eric Trump said in 2017.

Edited by Parkside

2 hours ago, Parkside said:

sorry I'm just going by the fact it's profits have reduced 70% in 2 years.  Yuuuge.

Whoever he appointed to run the place during his presidency should be a bit nervous then

He is rather well known for firing people 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Parkside said:

Who are you quoting parky?

CNN, the Guardian or MSNBC?

Edited by IronJimbo

28 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Who ate you quoting parky?

CNN, the Guardian or MSNBC?

I saw the last one in the Washington Post if that is "non-left" enough for you?

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I saw the last one in the Washington Post if that is "non-left" enough for you?

Figures

The Washington Post and New York Times are the U.S. equivalent of SMH and The Age

19 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Figures

The Washington Post and New York Times are the U.S. equivalent of SMH and The Age

thought we were supposed to deal in facts 

20 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Figures

I suppose you would never see an article like that, because Fox would never mention it. 

It happened. Fact.

The fact that no right leaning media will mention it only goes to show how right leaning they are.

12 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I suppose you would never see an article like that, because Fox would never mention it. 

It happened. Fact.

The fact that no right leaning media will mention it only goes to show how right leaning they are.

As Peter said above, it's not illegal

And as I said above, if it was illegal I'm sure one of Nancy Pelosi's House committees would have said so by now

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

As Peter said above, it's not illegal

And as I said above, if it was illegal I'm sure one of Nancy Pelosi's House committees would have said so by now

But as Roxii said, it's ridiculous that the POTUS is not above using his office to line his own pockets.

• Thanks 1