Peter

Trump is the President

The allegation is that he was withholding tax payer funded aid approved for release by congress under the condition of an investigation into a political opponent that he is scared of. Whether there is enough evidence of that is yet to be seen but it’s fantastic to see him wasting away whatever is left of his political capital in the process. 

Of course by that I mean not with the people that read of Fox News talking points but the ones who are swing voters and will vote for the most apt to represent the office of the president regardless of partisan affiliation. 

9 hours ago, Rog said:

The allegation is that he was withholding tax payer funded aid approved for release by congress under the condition of an investigation into a political opponent that he is scared of. Whether there is enough evidence of that is yet to be seen but it’s fantastic to see him wasting away whatever is left of his political capital in the process. 

Do you think the 'four years of doing nothing but witch hunts' narrative might hurt the Democrats next year?

No, to be honest I think it's been done to death already. People are not stupid either, they can see the talking points just get repeated over and over so its not as effective. If Trump was really confident in his internal poll numbers (that he says are "great") he would be bragging about it already.

3 hours ago, Rog said:

No, to be honest I think it's been done to death already. People are not stupid either, they can see the talking points just get repeated over and over so its not as effective. If Trump was really confident in his internal poll numbers (that he says are "great") he would be bragging about it already.

Some might say the 'Trump is Hitler' narrative has been done to death too

As you say, the democrats need to show a specific reference to the aid being withheld and a link with biden.  More and more  communications being released showing discussions about corruption generally are not going to cut it

31 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

As you say, the democrats need to show a specific reference to the aid being withheld and a link with biden.  More and more  communications being released showing discussions about corruption generally are not going to cut it

Some might say the "Crooked Hillary" narrative has been done to death too

even after the Benghazi investigation and hours of testimony

41 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I don’t hear Trump is Hitler here at all. What I do hear a lot is trump is corrupt and self serving, and that’s hard to disagree with. 

Edited by Rog

5 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Some might say the "Crooked Hillary" narrative has been done to death too

even after the Benghazi investigation and hours of testimony

I'm not expecting benghazi to be a prominent issue in the 2020 election 

1 minute ago, Rog said:

I don’t hear Trump is Hitler here at all. What I do hear a lot is trump is corrupt and self serving, and that’s hard to disagree with. 

Well as the democrats are finding out, it's also rather hard to prove 

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

I'm not expecting benghazi to be a prominent issue in the 2020 election 

I'm not expecting Trump to be an issue in the 2020 election.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bored@work said:

I'm not expecting Trump to be an issue in the 2020 election.

Don't say I didn't warn you  

Faris stopped from going to kona.  

Defending champion Patrick Lange has to make do without Faris Al-Sultan at the Ironman World Championship in Hawaii. The US authorities have denied the coach Faris Al-Sultan the visa. Ironman champion Patrick Lange has to give up his coach Faris Al-Sultan in the title hat-trick attempt on Hawaii. The 2005 World Champion from Munich did not receive a visa to enter the USA. That's what the magazine Triathlon wrote on Tuesday on its homepage. The German Triathlon Union, in which Al-Sultan works as a national coach, confirmed the report to the German Press Agency. Long coach has stayed in Munich. Faris Al-Sultan took the unexpected obstacle with humor. He would now "go crazy" at his wife's home, "the 41-year-old said after the US authorities refused him a visa and a trip to Hawaii. There, Al-Sultan actually wanted Ironman world champion Patrick Lange to head to the title hat-trick, "but you can not enter with your Arabic name," explained Al-Sultan

https://www.hessenschau.de/sport/mehr-sport/kein-visum-patrick-lange-ohne-trainer-faris-al-sultan-zur-ironman-wm,lange-al-sultan-100.html

Edited by Peter

2 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Farris is German any reason why he didn’t get the waiver

His Father is Iraqi.

48 minutes ago, FatPom said:

He wasn't refused a visa, he was refused a visa waiver, which is very different. 

Technically I’m sure but he can’t go to the USA because of his father.  

1 minute ago, Peter said:

Technically I’m sure but he can’t go to the USA because of his father.  

Pretty much, because as I understand it, children of Iraqis are by default, Iraqi citizens which cannot be revoked. Which is kind of ironic because Germany doesn't allow dual citizenship.

Remember, the law has changed since he probably did his last ESTA.

So he can get a visa but left it too late. And he’s Iraqi even if he doesn’t want to be and Germany don’t recognise him as an Iraqi after taking German citizenship

11 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

So he can get a visa but left it too late. And he’s Iraqi even if he doesn’t want to be and Germany don’t recognise him as an Iraqi after taking German citizenship

Yeah I’m confused.

he is German. But dad is Iraqi.  

So even if he applied for a visa he would be turned down anyway?

34 minutes ago, Peter said:

Yeah I’m confused.

he is German. But dad is Iraqi.  

So even if he applied for a visa he would be turned down anyway?

I'm not even sure what visa he could apply for. Technically, if he was going out there as a coach, he would have been breaching his VWP anyway, as it doesn't allow any working (although it does allow for business trips and certain clauses about 'imparting knowledge).

He has obviously had a valid ESTA before but that was before Trump changed on visitors from certain nations/religions. 

If you eligible for a VWP, you have almost zero chance of getting a B2. (visitor visa).  The 'W' in VWP stands for 'waiver', it has massive implications and gives the recipient zero rights in the US, unlike a visa, which has due process and avenues of appeal.

He's in a catch 22 here.

Why couldn't he apply for a P-1S?

So how do they handle international sporting events? Does this mean no more Olympics bids etc for the US? It would automatically disqualify a lot of countries from coming.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

6 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Why couldn't he apply for a P-1S?

So how do they handle international sporting events? Does this mean no more Olympics bids etc for the US? It would automatically disqualify a lot of countries from coming.

P1 (O1 if it's dual intent) are very hard to get and used to to have a very low issue ceiling, something like 30,000 per year.

I have no idea how they handle arg sporting events, you could look it up I guess.  I'm saying why he didn't get a VWP.  Applying for anything other than a (not a visa) VWP for the US incredibly hard, long and complicated.

Any visa he applies for now will almost certainly default to AP (Administrative Processing) which takes forever.

I've forgotten most of what I used to know about this but I'm pretty sure Rog will agree, it's never a matter of 'why doesn't he just'...when it comes to US visas.

Edited by FatPom

Probably the way he used to insert that water bottle between his butt cheeks got the religious right all in a flutter and they complained to their man😎😎😎.

As a German he gets the visa waiver. Because he has Iraqi father he does not, lets not dance around the issue.

23 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

As a German he gets the visa waiver. Because he has Iraqi father he does not, lets not dance around the issue.

Nobody is dancing around the issue. I clearly stated that was the reason, what are you not getting about that?

I'm not the ****in spokesperson here, I just happen (or used to) know a bit about the visa process.  If you want info, do your own research.

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

Nobody is dancing around the issue. I clearly stated that was the reason, what are you not getting about that?

I'm not the ****in spokesperson here, I just happen (or used to) know a bit about the visa process.  If you want info, do your own research.

Not having a go at you, reflecting on the silliness of the rule. He is born in Munich to german mother can't accrue Iraqi citizenship by German law, yet can't get to the USA because of his Iraqi relations.

I think I agree with you

• Like 1

I haven't been able to find anything other than that short article, but is it that he was expecting a waiver, and when he didn't get it, did not have time to arrange a normal visa that would cover the trip? 

"Trump won't let me in" makes a much better story than "I left it too late to apply for a visa" though.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 8:19 AM, Rog said:

If Trump was really confident in his internal poll numbers (that he says are "great") he would be bragging about it already.

Actually.... if Trump wasn't confident....he would be telling everyone how confident he is.... Reverse psychology!

17 hours ago, FatPom said:

He wasn't refused a visa, he was refused a visa waiver, which is very different. 

Faris can use facebook live like the rest of us.

27 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

Faris can use facebook live like the rest of us.

He'll be seeing more of it than I will be then. :lol:

On 08/10/2019 at 8:46 PM, symo said:

Lucky the Kurds aren't voting for him

Nah, that was the Turds.

9 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Ask Ironjimbo. He’s an expert on everything USA. 

lol

God you're a sook

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

lol

God you're a sook

First time I have been accused of that.

I just thought having never visited to the US but always being right on gun control, violence, politics and everything else related to the USA you would know everything about the Visa and immigration laws.

Let me type it slowly so you understand.

I w a s tak innng the pissss o ut of you...…….

29 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

First time I have been accused of that.

I just thought having never visited to the US but always being right on gun control, violence, politics and everything else related to the USA you would know everything about the Visa and immigration laws.

Let me type it slowly so you understand.

I w a s tak innng the pissss o ut of you...…….

I've never claimed to be an expert on the U.S, or anything else for that matter 

Perhaps you should stick to facts and not strawmen 

I've never claimed to be an expert on the U.S, or anything else for that matter 

Perhaps you should stick to facts and not strawmen 

Lol

God, you’re a sook.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Peter said:

Guessing someone on here will claim those are all democratic voters.

Cause we all know they interact with Fox all the time.

28 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Cause we all know they interact with Fox all the time.

Yep not one of those people that were polled are Republicans 

5 hours ago, Peter said:

Guessing someone on here will claim those are all democratic voters.

That would be an intellectually dishonest thing to say

I trust you'll be straight on to this person when they show up to tell them what a silly billy they are

That would be an intellectually dishonest thing to say

I trust you'll be straight on to this person when they show up to tell them what a silly billy they are

Lol,

God, you’re a sook 

4 minutes ago, Parkside said:

Apparently all the strawmen are using illegal handguns in Chicago ghettos.

Lol,

God, you’re a sook. 

Sorry. Couldn’t help myself. I will go sit in the naughty corner 

3 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Sorry. Couldn’t help myself. I will go sit in the naughty corner 

Yeah you big sook!!!

It just gets messier.

Two of Giuliani's associates (1 born in the Ukraine & the other in Belarus) were arrested while waiting for their one way flights out of the US. Both arrested for funneling foreign money to candidates outside of the US laws.

Of course Trump knows neither of them, and I suppose neither will Giuliani.

Except for some dinner dates here and there.  Witch hunt!

To think that Rudi Giuliani was the American mayor, a symbol of hope post 9/11 attacks. 

And now just an unhinged old man helping crooks help a crook. Sad!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rog said:

To think that Rudi Giuliani was the American mayor, a symbol of hope post 9/11 attacks. 

And now just an unhinged old man helping crooks help a crook. Sad!

Yeah its bizarre watching him carry on like this after the solid job he did as mayor & 9/11.  Maybe what we're seeing now is how he has always been behind the scenes