Peter

Trump is the President

9 minutes ago, Wronggenes said:

I believe the correct etiquette for hot chicks is to “grab them by the pussy”.

If they let you, I suppose

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Peter said:

It would be better if twitter did a split for how many were yanks or others.  

How many here that have twitter follow just trump?  

Live actually blocked trump but don’t follow Obama. I used to follow trump but he is worse than spam emails. Its relentLess tweeting.  So much for running his country 

I followed trump on Twitter for the car crash value, but I never actually open twitter or read his tweets. I wonder how many of his followers really "follow" him 

I see the President of Finland had a ScoMo like press conference with Trump.  Just keep smiling and it will all be over soon...

I believe the correct etiquette is to not refer to us as "chicks". Nor talk about us as though we're not here

• Thanks 1

Looks like no one is buying the conspiracy theory. 

22 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

I believe the correct etiquette is to not refer to us as "chicks". Nor talk about us as though we're not here

It's a term of endearment 

My apologies for any offence taken though 

4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

It's a term of endearment 

My apologies for any offence taken though 

It's not a term of endearment, my darling.

16 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

If they let you, I suppose

Someone remind me to keep my female friends and daughters away from this idiot at the next triathlon.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The Customer said:

It's not a term of endearment, my darling.

Well perception is reality these days , isn't it? 

7 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

you suppose

Meaning l suppose you could do that if they let you, obviously 

It should go without saying that consent is a prerequisite (and was referred to in the original example), but since the usual suspects have climbed back onto their high horses, I'll spell it out for you 

3 hours ago, Coach@triathlon said:

Someone remind me to keep my female friends and daughters away from this idiot at the next triathlon.

Well since some of your female friends are also some of my female friends, maybe they can take care of themselves 

14 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Well perception is reality these days , isn't it? 

It is when it comes to offending people.

8 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

It is when it comes to offending people.

It's human nature to judge ourselves by our intentions and others according to outcomes 

Some people do take it way too far though 

18 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

It's human nature to judge ourselves by our intentions and others according to outcomes 

Some people do take it way too far though 

I've learnt the hard way IJ. You may say some people take it too far, but how do you know that what you have said doesn't cut deeply to them. 

5 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I've learnt the hard way IJ. You may say some people take it too far, but how do you know that what you have said doesn't cut deeply to them. 

That's certainly true

But if someone is going to get genuinely cut about being called something as relatively innocuous as 'chick,' I'm probably not going to get along with them anyway 

Just now, IronJimbo said:

That's certainly true

But if someone is going to get genuinely cut about being called something as relatively innocuous as 'chick,' I'm probably not going to get along with them anyway 

So you don't mind insulting people you're not going to get along with, or making them feel bad?

Better just not to use the term. 

20 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

So you don't mind insulting people you're not going to get along with, or making them feel bad?

Better just not to use the term. 

Id never even heard of the term 'getting chicked' until I started doing tri's. Seems to be a common phrase-I've heard Wurf and the guys on GTN use it. Pretty sure Ive even hear Lucy Charles use it?

I really don't understand the point of this thread.  The childish insults from both sides are achieving exactly what?  Nobody is changing their mind politically here are they.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, FatPom said:

I really don't understand the point of this thread.  The childish insults from both sides are achieving exactly what?  Nobody is changing their mind politically here are they.

As I said about 4 pages back.

You only need to put across your strong opinion 2-3 times.  Not in every post for 46 pages.

Edited by Peter
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter said:

As I said about 4 pages back.

You only need to put across your strong opinion 2-3 times.  Not in every post for 46 pages.

I'm guessing you're not referring to the 'orange man bad' narrative, but you easily could be 

30 minutes ago, symo said:

When he isn't raving about how the deep state is conspiring against him, Donald Trump loves to boast about the economy, claiming to have achieved unprecedented things. As it happens, none of his claims are true. While both GDP and employment have registered solid growth, the Trump economy simply seems to have continued a long expansion that began under former president Barack Obama. In fact, someone who looked only at the past 10 years of data would never guess that an election had taken place  

Trump: China should investigate Bidens

US President Donald Trump is calling on China to probe former Vice President Joe Biden.

But now it's starting to look as if Trump really will achieve something unique: He may well be the first president of modern times to preside over a slump that can be directly attributed to his own policies, rather than bad luck.

Its like watching salmon jump onto hooks. 

Got me stuffed how you can own people with the right wing mantra jimbo, but own you do. 

lol

There's a lot of gold in here 🤣

2 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Rog, the video is not available in aus 

Awww, what a shame

I was thinking 'maybe this will be the fact-based non-ad-hominem argument which changes my mind...'

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Awww, what a shame

I was thinking 'maybe this will be the fact-based non-ad-hominem argument which changes my mind...'

Have u got the one that formed your opinion? 

2 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Have u got the one that formed your opinion? 

If you're referring to my opinion that there is nothing in the impeachment story, I suppose I could reference the transcript with nothing in it

38 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

If you're referring to my opinion that there is nothing in the impeachment story, I suppose I could reference the transcript with nothing in it

the heavily edited one?

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 9:29 AM, Bored@work said:

now, now, sweetheart...………...

Don't Ironman have stickers etc that says "ironChicks".

28 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

the heavily edited one?

lol

Yeah, that's the one

Or I could reference the whistleblower's 'complaint' which concedes that it's all based on heresay 

Or the interview with the Ukranian President where he confirms there no pressure applied from trump or anyone else 

Or the New York Times article which confirms the Ukranians didn't actually know that the funding in question was being withheld 

Or the tweet from Adam Schiff referring to the 'scandal' two weeks before he was supposed to know about it...

40 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

Don't Ironman have stickers etc that says "ironChicks".

That's different... 

I still haven't had anyone able to explain to me what Trump has done wrong? He has asked a foreign leader to look into a possible case of corruption-either there is corruption or not? If there is corruption you should want to know about it and if they look into it and don't find any then all good. Whats the problem?

3 minutes ago, more said:

I still haven't had anyone able to explain to me what Trump has done wrong? 

He beat Hillary 

Unfortunately for the Democrats though, that is not an impeachable offence 

must admit i laughed my head of when he said china should investigate the bidons......

so mr president, you're dodgy because you said the ukraine should investigate..... so should china as the response.... pure gold.

12 minutes ago, Oompa Loompa said:

so mr president, you're dodgy because you said the ukraine should investigate

According to the Democrats 

Of course, the Democrats asking Ukraine to investigate Trump in 2016 was all tickety-boo...

1 hour ago, more said:

I still haven't had anyone able to explain to me what Trump has done wrong? He has asked a foreign leader to look into a possible case of corruption-either there is corruption or not? If there is corruption you should want to know about it and if they look into it and don't find any then all good. Whats the problem?

I thought its illegal For him to use his powers to do this. 

The justice department needed to ask  

rule?

i don’t have an issue with the question to be honest.

i have an issue with his continued lying  to excess  

3 minutes ago, Peter said:

rule?

Unsavoury?  Maybe.  Illegal? No

Governments ask other governments to do stuff all the time 

And lying is also not an impeachable offence.  Unless of course you're lying to Congress about getting blown by your interns

10 minutes ago, Peter said:

rule?

I thought its illegal for him to use his powers for personal gain. I wouldn't have thought exposing corruption (even if it is a competitor) would necessarily fall under that definition though? 

Or is it just he hasn't dotted an i and crossed a t by going through the justice department? All seems a bit of a stretch to me...

1 minute ago, more said:

I thought its illegal for him to use his powers for personal gain.

It would be illegal for him to induce or pressure the Ukranians for personal gain.  This would be the 'quid pro quo' that there is scant evidence of thus far, and as I mentioned above there is evidence to the contrary  

Of course, the likes of CNN have woven the word 'pressured' into their coverage, because the narrative is more important than the truth 

3 hours ago, more said:

I thought its illegal for him to use his powers for personal gain. 

Like appointing his daughter & son in-law to high profile positions in government? 

18 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Like appointing his daughter & son in-law to high profile positions in government? 

They were simply the best people for the positions.

No-one else could have put up with the shit, and he would have had to replace them 3 or 4 times by now.

• Haha 1