Peter

Trump is the President

44 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

sam newman and karl stefanovic going to new levels 

Poor choice of words obviously, but they seem to be making correct point that Greta is being used as a pawn by adults who should know better 

13 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Poor choice of words obviously, but they seem to be making correct point that Greta is being used as a pawn by adults who should know better 

Maybe from Karl, but Sam calling a 16 year old an "annoying little brat" and a "little shit" wasn't a poor choice of words, he was just being his usual rude self. Then he signed off leaving no doubt as to how he felt "#ClimateChangeHoax".

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

Meanwhile the transcript of the phone call between Trump and the Ukranian President that is the basis of the hearsay whistleblower impeachment thingy has been released.  And it doesn't contain very much at all 

7 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Maybe from Karl, but Sam calling a 16 year old an "annoying little brat" and a "little shit" wasn't a poor choice of words, he was just being his usual rude self. Then he signed off leaving no doubt as to how he felt "#ClimateChangeHoax".

Yeah, that Sam for you I guess

I doubt anyone would be queuing up to get him to do their tax returns 

20 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Meanwhile the transcript of the phone call between Trump and the Ukranian President that is the basis of the hearsay whistleblower impeachment thingy has been released.  And it doesn't contain very much at all 

Haha I'm guessing you got the same talking points as everyone else

3 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Are some politicians being used as pawns by big companies? Much more concerning than the 16 year old being used to front actual facts.

The world is not going to end in twelve years Barry, if that's what you mean by 'actual facts'

22 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Perhaps you can tell me where the evidence of corrupt conduct is then Rog?

I don’t need to tell you anything, I stopped wasting my time a long time ago. I’m sure it’s all a witch hunt, it will all blow over #maga

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Well done Rog.  I did think of this quote when you replied to the mentally ill one.

Image result for if you argue with a fool long enough

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Perhaps you can tell me where the evidence of corrupt conduct is then Rog?

I imagine it is in the official whistleblower complaint documentation which has legal requirements on how it was submitted and processed, not from a GOP edited transcript of a phone call.

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

So you've read the whistleblower complaint document and can confirm to the world what it is exactly regarding? Because theres a lot of people who would love to know it's contents right now.

Correct it doesn't contain very much, because as the first page states....."is not a verbatim transcript of a discussion." The phone call was 30mins and there is probably 5 - 10mins of discussion in the released document.

You might trust a guy who drew on a weather map with a sharpie to try and cover himself, but I am a little more circumspect.

Edited by Nath.
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Peter said:

Well done Rog.  I did think of this quote when you replied to the mentally ill one.

Image result for if you argue with a fool long enough

With all respect Peter, I dont think calling someone mentally ill or any other name is necessary. Not suggesting youre the only one because I also think calling someone a pratt is unnecessary.

Were all entitled to our opinion & we dont have to like or agree.  Thats all 

• Like 2

I haven’t read the transcript of Trump’s Ukrainian call, but here’s my prediction.  

His supporters will claim it exonerates him and proves there is a Democratic infatuation with conspiracy and impeachment. 

His opponents will claim it proves he violated his duties as President and provides the justification they need for impeachment.  

The average American continues to be screwed by both sides.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nath. said:

I imagine it is in the official whistleblower complaint documentation which has legal requirements on how it was submitted and processed, not from a GOP edited transcript of a phone call.

So you've read the whistleblower complaint document and can confirm to the world what it is exactly regarding? Because theres a lot of people who would love to know it's contents right now.

Correct it doesn't contain very much, because as the first page states....."is not a verbatim transcript of a discussion." The phone call was 30mins and there is probably 5 - 10mins of discussion in the released document.

You might trust a guy who drew on a weather map with a sharpie to try and cover himself, but I am a little more circumspect.

Well given that the whistleblower complaint is a second hand account of the phone call submitted by someone with sympathies to Trump's opponents, I'm not so sure that it will provide much more at all

In fact I'd be interested to see him/her front Congress to explain it all

2 hours ago, Surfer said:

With all respect Peter, I dont think calling someone mentally ill or any other name is necessary. Not suggesting youre the only one because I also think calling someone a pratt is unnecessary.

Well his deranged view and need to argue everything not only in this thread but in others is the sign of someone not mentally stable. Of which is someone mentally ill.

As I have said before I actually worry about IJ mental state.  His fight at all costs in honestly something that he has ZERO ability to fix, is just weird.  Sure put your opinion over once or twice.  But to do it x 1000 is not of a mental stable person.

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Well given that the whistleblower complaint is a second hand account of the phone call submitted by someone with sympathies to Trump's opponents, I'm not so sure that it will provide much more at all

Considering the whistleblowers identity is secret and not public, what are you basing "submitted by someone with sympathies to Trump's opponents" on?

Because it is bad news for Trump doesn't mean it must be from an opponent, there are people whose job it is to protect the country and law.

Edited by Nath.
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Nath. said:

Considering the whistleblowers identity is secret and not public, what are you basing "submitted by someone with sympathies to Trump's opponents" on?

Because it is bad news for Trump doesn't mean it must be from an opponent, there are people whose job it is to protect the country and law.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry-whistleblower-complaint-release-congress-white-house

29 minutes ago, Nath. said:

By the same token, just because it's potentially favourable to Trump doesn't mean it's fake news..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nath. said:

😂😂😂

Fox News....well this should be an interesting read....

is there such a thing anymore in the USA as an independent paper/news source?

They are either for or against trump at ALL COSTS.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

By the same token, just because it's potentially favourable to Trump doesn't mean it's fake news..

Agree, and I've never suggested as such.

4 minutes ago, Nath. said:

Agree, and I've never suggested as such.

I must have misinterpreted the post above mine then

My apologies 

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

5 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

So I've read the article.

Come on Jimbo, seriously!

By the standards you apply to others claims or comments here, your comment is laughable in the least. Lets break it down....."the whistleblower complaint is a second hand account of the phone call submitted by someone with sympathies to Trump's opponents,"

Is that what you are basing your comment that the whistleblower is biased on?

Firstly the article is by right wing media  so let's keep that in mind,  however let's also give them credit and review it.

It quotes  an unnamed  senior Trump official as it's source to say that the whistleblower is biased. Well knock me down with a feather. Who is the senior trump official and why doesn't he/she go on the record to state this and provide some back up?

They try to give the claim some gravitas by including the inspector general ( a trump appointed person) in the article and he said..."Intelligence Community Inspector General Michael Atkinson said in a Sep. 9 letter to the House Intelligence Committee that the whistleblower complaint "appeared credible" and related to an "urgent" matter. "

So come on Jimbo you are drawing a very long bow to say the whistlerblower is biased. Nobody knows who it is (yet, despite how much Trump wants to know) and so nobody can give commentary on the person, much less RT, err  mean, Fox News.

Edited by Nath.

1 hour ago, Nath. said:

By the standards you apply to others claims or comments here, your comment is laughable in the least. Lets break it down....."the whistleblower complaint is a second hand account of the phone call submitted by someone with sympathies to Trump's opponents,"

Firstly the article is by right wing media  so let's keep that in mind,  however let's also give them credit and review it.

It quotes  an unnamed  senior Trump official as it's source to say that the whistleblower is biased. Well knock me down with a feather. Who is the senior trump official and why doesn't he/she go on the record to state this and provide some back up?

They try to give the claim some gravitas by including the inspector general ( a trump appointed person) in the article and he said..."Intelligence Community Inspector General Michael Atkinson said in a Sep. 9 letter to the House Intelligence Committee that the whistleblower complaint "appeared credible" and related to an "urgent" matter. "

So come on Jimbo you are drawing a very long bow to say the whistlerblower is biased. Nobody knows who it is (yet, despite how much Trump wants to know) and so nobody can give commentary on the person, much less RT, err  mean, Fox News.

Not sure why everyone cares so much. Not much will change except a lot of wasted energy.

And why is everyone’s opinion always right. 

Edited by IronmanFoz

26 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

And why is everyone’s opinion always right. 

They're not

Most of the others are left 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nath. said:

We'll know a fair bit more about the whistleblower soon enough.  And reports that one of his/her lawyers has also worked for Hillary during her email issues are also to be confirmed

All I'm saying is that you probably shouldn't get your hopes up based on what we know 

10 hours ago, Surfer said:

It's all good

He says more about himself than he says about me

Well the bombshell complaint has been released.  Here are some links to CNN and the New York Times so the lefties can believe that they're real

https://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2019/09/politics/whistleblower-complaint-annotated/

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/09/26/us/politics/whistle-blower-complaint.html?action=click&module=RelatedLinks&pgtype=Article

So according to the NYT, the guy is ex-CIA who then worked at the white house before returning to the CIA.  I suspect an Obama staffer which would explain his use of one of Hillary's lawyers

I can't see anything else that would potentially damage Trump than what we knew yesterday, and that's not good news for the Democrats

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Well the bombshell complaint has been released.  Here are some links to CNN and the New York Times so the lefties can believe that they're real

https://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2019/09/politics/whistleblower-complaint-annotated/

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/09/26/us/politics/whistle-blower-complaint.html?action=click&module=RelatedLinks&pgtype=Article

So according to the NYT, the guy is ex-CIA who then worked at the white house before returning to the CIA.  I suspect an Obama staffer which would explain his use of one of Hillary's lawyers

I can't see anything else that would potentially damage Trump than what we knew yesterday, and that's not good news for the Democrats

Hid the information on a another computer off the government sever where is shall be stored ....trying to recall who I’ve heard screaming about that before?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Prince said:

is there an ABC helpline?

For those who get inexplicably riled up by the ABC?

If there is, I'm sure IJ would have it on speed dial.

I dont rate Alan Jones at all, but gee’s he owned that angry exploited kid at the UN. 

Angry exploited kids named Greta something, making Alan Jones look good since 2019..... lol

15 minutes ago, Oompa Loompa said:

I dont rate Alan Jones at all, but gee’s he owned that angry exploited kid at the UN. 

Angry exploited kids named Greta something, making Alan Jones look good since 2019..... lol

Owned her.... ????  She’d probably be saying Alan who?

• Like 1

What will be really hilarious, is when Greta gets a Nobel before Trump and he has a major whinge about it.  It could be a serious dummy spit!

7 hours ago, Mike Del said:

Owned her.... ????  She’d probably be saying Alan who?

You probably haven’t seen the video.  I don’t rate the bloke but he just owns her. 

1 hour ago, goughy said:

What will be really hilarious, is when Greta gets a Nobel before Trump and he has a major whinge about it.  It could be a serious dummy spit!

Hasn’t he already had a whinge about not getting a Noble prize

Yeah, because Obama has one and he doesn't.  Can you imagine the tantrum if Greta gets one before him then?

2 hours ago, Oompa Loompa said:

You probably haven’t seen the video.  I don’t rate the bloke but he just owns her. 

did he interview her, I saw where he just attacked another teenager for having the audacity to be worried about the future. Still its better than the posts above where people here want her parents to hit her.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, goughy said:

The Nobel peace committee became a parody of themselves when they gave one to a Palestinian terrorist

• Like 1

I don't care about the legitimacy of the award.  I just wanna see Trump's tanti if she gets one before him!

2 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

did he interview her, I saw where he just attacked another teenager for having the audacity to be worried about the future. Still its better than the posts above where people here want her parents to hit her.

nah, just a monologue.   

the reality is a promoters dream, 

jones v greta, the right wing lunatic v left wing extremist,  the old stager v the kid, the man v the woman. The battle for hot air,  both filled with hate, two bullies at twenty paces, who has the most outrage, who has the most anger, there can only be one survivor....

oh, and the world continues on regardless....lol 

1 hour ago, BarryBevan said:

So he owned his own opinion and values 

more sold his own opinion whilst pointing out the stark hypocrisy of anyone under about 30 batting on about climate change with zero tolerance to the reality of how they live their life and what has enabled it....  good article in the fin review yesterday about the atlassian guy looking to power 20% of singapore from solar at tennant creek but also recognising they have made billions from what destroys our planet..... they recognise the yin and yang.  whereas the far right and far left, the jones and the greta lack tolerance, and that how we end up with a farked up world, there is no meeting of the minds, no consensus to move forward and people handing out awards to either just reinforces the behaviour of zealots, people that put their own views before anything else.  how much more powerful would that kid have been if she had of shown respect in selling her position, instead she fails at emotional intelligence and world leaders switch off and/ or have their bias reinforced and go the other way. people that dont accept climate change just look and go "see" and re confirm their opposition.  anyway, could debate all day whilst i destroy the planet on the internet and my phone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oompa Loompa said:

more sold his own opinion whilst pointing out the stark hypocrisy of anyone under about 30 batting on about climate change with zero tolerance to the reality of how they live their life and what has enabled it....  good article in the fin review yesterday about the atlassian guy looking to power 20% of singapore from solar at tennant creek but also recognising they have made billions from what destroys our planet..... they recognise the yin and yang.  whereas the far right and far left, the jones and the greta lack tolerance, and that how we end up with a farked up world, there is no meeting of the minds, no consensus to move forward and people handing out awards to either just reinforces the behaviour of zealots, people that put their own views before anything else.  how much more powerful would that kid have been if she had of shown respect in selling her position, instead she fails at emotional intelligence and world leaders switch off and/ or have their bias reinforced and go the other way. people that dont accept climate change just look and go "see" and re confirm their opposition.  anyway, could debate all day whilst i destroy the planet on the internet and my phone.

so how does greta lead her live, we are assuming in hypocrisy

37 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

so how does greta lead her live, we are assuming in hypocrisy

Clearly I don’t know how she does it all, but have a sneaking suspicion she was born in a Hospital with all the mod cons,  is walking in streets with street lights, wearing clothes, traveling in yachts made from what- plastic, metal, logged forests, maybe nice gortex whilst on the yacht, with head lamps, sitting in front of cameras moulded from what destroys our earth, being beamed around the world, printed onto newspapers for those that still read them, uses heating, hot water  or aircon etc....  what are the solar panels made off? 

its great to be a zealot but almost impossible not to be a hypocrite at the same time... of course she could live naked in the bush and not interact with the modern world but let’s be real, that won’t happen, likes the lights, cameras and internet too much. 

As said, the atlassian guy has it right, admit and do.  

Be like him, don’t be angry like her, make love, save the planet.

Edited by Oompa Loompa