Jump to content
Peter

Trump is the President

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, more said:

Sometimes fact is stranger than fiction-I was sure this was fake news/April fools joke but no, this is actually real!! 

Universal Pictures was about to release a movie where 'elites' hunt and kill republicans!! 

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/movies/upcoming-movies/violent-satire-the-hunt-cancelled-after-trump-tweet-numerous-mass-shootings/news-story/0d78eba3e752f581d4d37e333c29b5e3

 

"The film, a gory, R-rated thriller that tells a tale of liberal “elites” hunting people in red states for sport starred Oscar winner Hilary Swank and Betty Gilpin, and was directed by Craig Zobel. 

The Hunt centres on 12 supposedly red states, Republican Americans who are kidnapped and wake up in a forest only to realise they’re being stalked as a game concocted by the “liberal elite”. 

Nobody hates like the left...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/08/2019 at 10:06 AM, Nath. said:

A mass shooting in a border town and Trump’s rhetoric about these unsafe border towns and immigrants.....oh wait shooter was a white male.....again

White supremacist and global warming zealot commits has shooting in El Paso = Trumps fault 

Far-left Elizabeth Warren supporter commits mass shooting in Ohio = Trump 's fault 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

White supremacist and global warming zealot commits has shooting in El Paso = Trumps fault 

Far-left Elizabeth Warren supporter commits mass shooting in Ohio = Trump 's fault 

I don't think anybody is actually saying it's Trump's fault except you here. Just comments around the insanity of Trump blaming Mexicans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Nobody hates like the left...

I just don't get the world at the moment-imagine the outcry if they were about to release a movie where republicans hunted and killed liberals-the media would completely lose their mind. Yet this movie made by a major studio hasn't even raised a blip in main stream media....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I don't think anybody is actually saying it's Trump's fault except you here. Just comments around the insanity of Trump blaming Mexicans.

There has been plenty of blame leveled at Trump for the shootings..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, more said:

There has been plenty of blame leveled at Trump for the shootings..

Where? Not here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Where? Not here?

Nah in the media. Its just easier to say everything is Trumps fault..

The left leaning hysteria is getting quite unbelievable TBH-as per above they can make a movie about hunting and killing republicans and barely a mention, let alone any hint of outrage.

Throw in to the mix the left trying to ban free speech and the violence they are constantly exhibiting..its like they have become the thing they are supposed to be against. Strange times... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, more said:

I just don't get the world at the moment-imagine the outcry if they were about to release a movie where republicans hunted and killed liberals-the media would completely lose their mind. Yet this movie made by a major studio hasn't even raised a blip in main stream media....

It's nothing new. Look at the theme behind the Hunger Games. Not just any movie, but an incredibly successful series of them. 

And if you want to see a movie that works the other way around, watch Deliverance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I don't think anybody is actually saying it's Trump's fault except you here. Just comments around the insanity of Trump blaming Mexicans.

Several potential Democratic nominees have directly blamed trump for el Paso, particularly Beto O'Rourke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Several potential Democratic nominees have directly blamed trump for el Paso, particularly Beto O'Rourke

Well that's just stupid. It's the fault of every President, Senator & Congressman who for the last umpteen years has been voting to keep giving people assault rifles.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, more said:

I just don't get the world at the moment-imagine the outcry if they were about to release a movie where republicans hunted and killed liberals-the media would completely lose their mind. Yet this movie made by a major studio hasn't even raised a blip in main stream media....

Hollywood has always been hard left 

There have been three movies made portraying George W Bush as an evil incompetent buffoon 

Meanwhile Ted Kennedy crashes his car into a lake and leaves a woman to drown, and it takes them fifty years to make a movie about it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

It's nothing new. Look at the theme behind the Hunger Games. Not just any movie, but an incredibly successful series of them. 

And if you want to see a movie that works the other way around, watch Deliverance.

Gee clutching at straws much?

Its a long stretch to say a movie that specifically hunts and kills republicans is the same as a fantasy movie based on rich people taking advantage of poor people...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Well that's just stupid. It's every President, Senator & Congressman's who for the last umpteen years has been voting to keep giving people assault rifles.

Assuming you are referring to the AR15, yoi are talking about the most popular rifle in the country.  There are 100 million of them, and their owners do not want to give them up

Yes, they are one of the preferred tools of mass shooters. But statistically you are 8 times more likely to be stabbed to death in California, and 22 times more likely to be killed with a handgun elsewhere 

If you want to reduce gun murder, you need to look at where gun murder is actually happening.  Not in the boonies of Kentucky.  Chicago. Baltimore. St Louis. Detroit. DC. Philly

What do all these areas have in common?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, more said:

Gee clutching at straws much?

Its a long stretch to say a movie that specifically hunts and kills republicans is the same as a fantasy movie based on rich people taking advantage of poor people...

 

I didn't realise the Hunt was specifically about hunting republicans. I thought it was just the rich hunting the poor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I didn't realise the Hunt was specifically about hunting republicans. I thought it was just the rich hunting the poor. 

Perhaps you should question why your preferred news source decided to keep that snippet of information to themselves?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Assuming you are referring to the AR15, yoi are talking about the most popular rifle in the country.  There are 100 million of them, and their owners do not want to give them up

Imagine how many fewer of them there'd be if a president 40 years ago had decided to ban them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, more said:

Gee clutching at straws much?

Its a long stretch to say a movie that specifically hunts and kills republicans is the same as a fantasy movie based on rich people taking advantage of poor people...

 

This is an American movie, right? How do you think the movie was going to pan out? The Republicans are the hunted and therefore the underdog. The evil rich (Democrats in this film? Dunno, just wondering) try to kill them but the republicans scheme and flight they way out of it ultimately becoming the heros of the film.  

Edited by BogFrog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Imagine how many fewer of them there'd be if a president 40 years ago had decided to ban them?

More likely Jimmy than Ronnie

IIronically though, as gun ownership has skyrocketed over that period, the murder rate in the US has actually fallen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

More likely Jimmy than Ronnie

Hell, go back to Johnie. I don't care which side of politics it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another example of the biased bullsh!t media that people are growing tired of-with that Epstein pedophile all the news articles and TV clips centered on pictures of him standing with Trump (guilt buy association...)  despite the fact Bill Clinton was a much closer friend and was a guest many many times on his 'Lolita express' plane and visitor to his pedo island. 

And now that George Clooney has been brought into the mix they feel the need to state "There is no suggestion that Clooney was involved in under-age sex or sex parties held by billionaire Epstein or involved in any wrongdoing." So they were happy to link Trump to Epstein allowing readers to infer what they may, but feel the need to state the Clooney was not involved in any way??

Its just ridiculous..

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/manuscript-written-by-former-epstein-sex-slave-says-his-exlover-boasted-of-sex-act-with-george-clooney/news-story/90920cea913022f318c68a0d9ece8867

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed

There's a reason why Hillary Clinton hates men - she thinks we're all like her husband 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^ Wow, I guess we just takenout of it what we want to see. I've seen/heard Clinton being accused more than Trump! Seen more pictures of Prince Andrew with a young lady than anything else...  I've seen one film of Trump with him...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Indeed

There's a reason why Hillary Clinton hates men - she thinks we're all like her husband 

Why do you assume she hates men? I can't recall her ever saying it. Do you just assume it because she wears suits and is powerful?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

If you want to reduce gun murder, you need to look at where gun murder is actually happening.  Not in the boonies of Kentucky.  Chicago. Baltimore. St Louis. Detroit. DC. Philly

What do all these areas have in common?

What do they have in common?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Large numbers of African Americans living in abject poverty with little hope.

and police who are happy for them to committ gun violence as long as it is not undertaken in the nice bit of the city example dc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Large numbers of African Americans living in abject poverty with little hope.

and police who are happy for them to committ gun violence as long as it is not undertaken in the nice bit of the city example dc

And are they mostly shooting/stabbing each other, or people known to them (e.g. rival gang members), not  dozens of random people in shopping malls?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Large numbers of African Americans living in abject poverty with little hope.

and police who are happy for them to committ gun violence as long as it is not undertaken in the nice bit of the city example dc

And decades of local Democratic governance in every case

Pure coincidence though, I'm sure 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

And decades of local Democratic governance in every case

Pure coincidence though, I'm sure 

Funny you mention this-Kanye West (as loopy as he is) believed the democrats were oppressing the blacks by making them dependent on welfare, where as Trump was about giving them jobs and was one of the reasons he got behind Trump...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

And decades of local Democratic governance in every case

Pure coincidence though, I'm sure 

No, not a coincidence but a classic case of confusing causality and correlation. Something that is far too common in this day and age, I would expect better of you IJ (although you're almost certainly just trolling).

There is a correlation between areas that vote democrat and poverty but the causal relationship that you are implying cannot be inferred without a lot more information. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, monkie said:

No, not a coincidence but a classic case of confusing causality and correlation. Something that is far too common in this day and age, I would expect better of you IJ (although you're almost certainly just trolling).

There is a correlation between areas that vote democrat and poverty but the causal relationship that you are implying cannot be inferred without a lot more information. 

 

Are you suggesting there is no correlation between poverty, gang activity and violent crime?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, more said:

Funny you mention this-Kanye West (as loopy as he is) believed the democrats were oppressing the blacks by making them dependent on welfare, where as Trump was about giving them jobs and was one of the reasons he got behind Trump...

Indeed 

Are black and hispanic voters going to listen to the Democrats and the media (but I repeat myself) when they call Trump a racist for calling violent, rat infested cities violent and rat infested?

Or are they going to recognise that black and hispanic unemployment is at record lows?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Are you suggesting there is no correlation between poverty, gang activity and violent crime?

Absolutely not and I'm not sure how you could interpret what I said as being that? Care to explain your workings there?

What I said is that it is not a coincidence that poor areas have Democrat governments. However you appeared to imply that there was a causal relationship that having a Democrat government caused poverty. Which is a leap that would need a lot more data to show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, monkie said:

Absolutely not and I'm not sure how you could interpret what I said as being that? Care to explain your workings there?

What I said is that it is not a coincidence that poor areas have Democrat governments. However you appeared to imply that there was a causal relationship that having a Democrat government caused poverty. Which is a leap that would need a lot more data to show.

My original point was that the areas I mentioned are where the vast majority of gun violence occurs.  Using handguns, not rifles

But nobody wants to talk about that, because it might potentially embarass a few of the Democrats who have done litte to stop it in the decades they have been in power

Much easier to tell Cletus from Kentucky that it's all his fault so he has to give up his rifle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

My original point was that the areas I mentioned are where the vast majority of gun violence occurs.  Using handguns, not rifles

But nobody wants to talk about that, because it might potentially embarass a few of the Democrats who have done litte to stop it in the decades they have been in power

Much easier to tell Cletus from Kentucky that it's all his fault so he has to give up his rifle

Wow was doing some reading and more than 100 people were shot in a single weekend in Chicago!!!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2017/07/05/july-4th-weekend-shootings-chicago/452585001/

"More than 100 people were shot in Chicago over the long Independence Day weekend as a deadly wave of violence once again rocked the massive city besieged by unrelenting gun crime. At least 14 of the gunshot victims died, police said Wednesday."

What a crazy country...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, more said:

Wow was doing some reading and more than 100 people were shot in a single weekend in Chicago!!!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2017/07/05/july-4th-weekend-shootings-chicago/452585001/

"More than 100 people were shot in Chicago over the long Independence Day weekend as a deadly wave of violence once again rocked the massive city besieged by unrelenting gun crime. At least 14 of the gunshot victims died, police said Wednesday."

What a crazy country...

Don't worry, it was mentioned earlier that the murder rate is falling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, more said:

What a crazy country...

To them its the best country in the world.  

Sadly no one other than a few actually agree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Peter said:

To them its the best country in the world.  

Sadly no one other than a few actually agree. 

If it's the best country in the world, wouldn't it already be great?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Peter said:

To them its the best country in the world.  

Sadly no one other than a few actually agree. 

Its not hard to see how Sydney would have turned out out yesterday if that guy had an AR instead of a knife...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

My original point was that the areas I mentioned are where the vast majority of gun violence occurs.  Using handguns, not rifles

But nobody wants to talk about that, because it might potentially embarass a few of the Democrats who have done litte to stop it in the decades they have been in power

Much easier to tell Cletus from Kentucky that it's all his fault so he has to give up his rifle

Ah. Ok then I misunderstood. Thank you for clarifying 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, monkie said:

Ah. Ok then I misunderstood. Thank you for clarifying 

All good 👍🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, more said:

Wow was doing some reading and more than 100 people were shot in a single weekend in Chicago!!!

I wonder how many were shot with rifles?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I wonder how many were shot with rifles?

As you so often say, most gun murders are committed with pistols, and the murder rate is dropping. By your logic, they don't need to do anything about pistols.

This is the number of people killed in mass shootings, generally with assault rifles. Seems there may be a problem here.

Total_deaths_in_US_mass_shootings.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/national/assault-weapons-laws/?utm_term=.4bce831b1448

DC borders a  state called Virginia. It is a Southern state. History has not been kind to African Americans in Southern states.

They are very poor, because of historical racism and inequality. Virginia has loose gun laws. Many African Americans are poor, working for their $3 per hour then going to the next job, maybe sleeping 4 hours a day, then still getting food stamps (SNAP).

Throw in poor educational outcomes, the path way to crime and drugs is all too common. Jim on your next visit go and stay in Anacostia for a week, then try a week in Chevy Chase followed by a week in west VA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/08/2019 at 8:15 PM, more said:

Sometimes fact is stranger than fiction-I was sure this was fake news/April fools joke but no, this is actually real!! 

Universal Pictures was about to release a movie where 'elites' hunt and kill republicans!! 

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/movies/upcoming-movies/violent-satire-the-hunt-cancelled-after-trump-tweet-numerous-mass-shootings/news-story/0d78eba3e752f581d4d37e333c29b5e3

 

"The film, a gory, R-rated thriller that tells a tale of liberal “elites” hunting people in red states for sport starred Oscar winner Hilary Swank and Betty Gilpin, and was directed by Craig Zobel. 

The Hunt centres on 12 supposedly red states, Republican Americans who are kidnapped and wake up in a forest only to realise they’re being stalked as a game concocted by the “liberal elite”. 

Is this a remake of the one from 1994? 

I saw this wwhen i was at Uni. 

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0111323/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, more said:

Its not hard to see how Sydney would have turned out out yesterday if that guy had an AR instead of a knife...

Yep.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

Throw in poor educational outcomes, the path way to crime and drugs is all too common. Jim on your next visit go and stay in Anacostia for a week, then try a week in Chevy Chase followed by a week in west VA.

Has he even been there once yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

I'm heading back in a few months. He's can join me in San Fran & hang out with my buddies.

Cool

Do you use toilets in San Fran or do you shit in the gutter like everyone else?

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Cool

Do you use toilets in San Fran or do you shit in the gutter like everyone else?

Let me guess.  You saw that in a movie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...