Peter

Trump is the President

You are all misinterpreting what The Donald say. 

When he says “1 in 3 people are rape.......fact” , he is actually saying 1 in 3 people are raped.......and it is a fact that he said it. Simple misinterpretation by everyone.

Now where are all those do gooders from Hollywood etc who objected to him during the election and said they would move to Canada.....have they. No... because the economy over there is going gong busters for the most part according to the economist who are not politically aligned.

5 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

You are all misinterpreting what The Donald say. 

When he says “1 in 3 people are rape.......fact” , he is actually saying 1 in 3 people are raped.......and it is a fact that he said it. Simple misinterpretation by everyone.

Didn't he also say "Mexico are sending us their rapists".

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

21 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Thanks Bazza that was a pretty good read. I wonder if anyone else took a look at it. 

9 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

If he did, you should be able to find a quote for us...

24 minutes ago, Rog said:

Thanks Bazza that was a pretty good read. I wonder if anyone else took a look at it. 

In the rush to pronounce facts without any evidence I doubt it. 

Sadly by doing this they support the positions through ignorance rather than intent 

27 minutes ago, Rog said:

Yes thanks Bazza. This is a good example of how poor journalism is these days, even the Washington Post who printed the article admit they have quoted an incorrect number previously.

"while news organizations (including The Washington Post) have cited a figure almost twice as large just for rapes, attributing it to Amnesty International."

That being said there is plenty of first hand accounts out there detailing the atrocities that occur to women who try to cross the border. Basically they are tricked by conmen into believing for a small price they will be smuggled across to a waiting job and a better life. Along they way many are raped, beaten and then threatened with further violence if they refuse to work as prostitutes, and that their families will be told about what they have done. Out of a fear of shame and a fear of being beaten many succumb to the threats and so begins a life of prostitution, with no way out.

So lets not even for a second insult these poor ladies by pretending it doesn't happen, or that there are no drug dealers in Mexico...

Edited by more

4 minutes ago, more said:

Yes thanks Bazza. This is a good example of how poor journalism is these days, even the Washington Post who printed the article admit they have quoted an incorrect number previously.

"while news organizations (including The Washington Post) have cited a figure almost twice as large just for rapes, attributing it to Amnesty International."

That being said there is plenty of first hand accounts out there detailing the atrocities that occur to women who try to cross the border. Basically they are tricked by conmen into believing for a small price they will be smuggled across to a waiting job and a better life. Along they way many are raped, beaten and then threatened with further violence if they refuse to work as prostitutes, and that their families will be told about what they have done. Out of a fear of shame and a fear of being beaten many succumb to the threats and so begins a life of prostitution, with no way out.

So lets not even for a second insult these poor ladies by pretending it doesn't happen, or that there are no drug dealers in Mexico...

Which paper do you work for 

2 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Which paper do you work for 

When and if you are capable of posting a coherent sentence let me know..

6 minutes ago, more said:

When and if you are capable of posting a coherent sentence let me know..

Are you a journalist?

48 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Pretty much, this is his quote:

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

6 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Are you a journalist?

Wow your powers of deduction are unparalleled. Yes I'm a reporter for The Age

Just now, more said:

Wow your powers of deduction are unparalleled. Yes I'm a reporter for The Age

So that is a yes

3 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

So that is a yes

Not only are your powers of deduction amazing but your ability to state the obvious is truly astounding. I tip my hat to you good sir...

So..how long have you been an astronaut?

Edited by more
  • Haha 1

Just now, BarryBevan said:

Yes or no I’m not deducing anything just asking if you are.

i am not an astronaut 

Are you a brain surgeon then perhaps? Why the need for these idiotic questions detracting from a serious topic?

Chewbacca defense...

In a jury trial, a Chewbacca defense is a legal strategy in which a criminal defense lawyer tries to confuse the jury rather than refute the case of the prosecutor. It is an intentional distraction or obfuscation.

Because a Chewbacca defense distracts and misleads, it is an example of a red herring. It is also an example of an irrelevant conclusion, a type of informal fallacy in which an argumenter fails to address the issue in question

More, you've stated that you've spoken to Mexicans about the issue. You've then investigated it further. You are not in America, so it probably doesn't have a direct impact on you. I see people on other sites going on about the investigation they've done into various issues, and their investigation amounts to looking at Wiki.

I think asking if you are a journalist a very valid question, as it gives an idea as to the validity of your "investigations". You've then jumped down their throat.

It's like asking what someone's experience is when they say they have researched Triathlon, and they want to give you advice.

7 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

More, you've stated that you've spoken to Mexicans about the issue. You've then investigated it further. You are not in America, so it probably doesn't have a direct impact on you. I see people on other sites going on about the investigation they've done into various issues, and their investigation amounts to looking at Wiki.

I think asking if you are a journalist a very valid question, as it gives an idea as to the validity of your "investigations". You've then jumped down their throat.

It's like asking what someone's experience is when they say they have researched Triathlon, and they want to give you advice.

Read my comment again-I said I work with a Mexican and have a friend who is Mexican and it was my discussions with them that made me interested. I'm not sure how this would lead anyone to think I'm a journalist but I guess these days having any sort of informed opinion on the internet is considered rare so I'll take it as a compliment.

...and please, joking that someone is an astronaut or brain surgeon is jumping down their throat? 

Edited by more

I really like mexican food, can I comment :lol: 

(just trying to lighten the mood) 

Please be polite and respectful guys. Remember what your mother taught you, "If you cant say anything nice......."

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, more said:

Are you a brain surgeon then perhaps? Why the need for these idiotic questions detracting from a serious topic?

Because you criticised the Washington post,  I was interested in your skills and capabilities in journalism.

5 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Because you criticised the Washington post,  I was interested in your skills and capabilities in journalism.

Geez so much misinformation in this thread. Do people even read? You posted the Washington post link showing the correction to the rape figure -I then actually thanked you and said it was a good example of poor journalism these days as even the Washington Post admitted in their own article that they had previously quoted the incorrect figure...thus an illustration that lies or false information can be spread through all mediums, even their own paper.

Sheesh some people are so eager to get upset that they don't take the time to sit back and consider what is actually being said...

48 minutes ago, more said:

...and please, joking that someone is an astronaut or brain surgeon is jumping down their throat? 

No, this was more the comment I was referring to:

1 hour ago, more said:

Why the need for these idiotic questions detracting from a serious topic?

And then going into explaining the Chewbacca Defence.

56 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Why is defending trump so important 

Why is criticising him so important?

12 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

No, this was more the comment I was referring to:

And then going into explaining the Chewbacca Defence.

Not really sure why we need to continue down this road..but if we must.

It seemed to me that Barry was detracting from the topic by saying something ridiculous such as I might be a journalist, thus the reference to the chewbaca defense which is a method used in arguments where people try to detract from an augment by referencing something so confusing and left field that people start discussing that instead of the topic at hand.

8 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Why is trump so important to you

Why don't you ask this question of the people actually taking the time to get so upset over him?

• Like 1

I have visited the USA before Trump and again after he got it. I honestly didn't notice any difference.

Trump just annoys me with his arrogant condescending tone and lack of emapthy. It's why I compare AP to Trump all the time.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, more said:

Why don't you ask this question of the people actually taking the time to get so upset over him?

I’m asking you and ironjim ad you are accessible and here. You have strong views on Trump, interested in why.

16 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

I’m asking you and ironjim ad you are accessible and here. You have strong views on Trump, interested in why.

I don't have strong views on Trump, I do have strong views on people who form strong views though without understanding why. I guarantee if you went to a protest and asked why they hated Trump most wouldn't factually be able to explain why. He is an easy target. Not only is he an easy target though but the left have now also resorted to openly mocking what his wife and daughter WEAR for goodness sake-talk about sexism... I didn't think we were supposed to judge females on how they looked or what they wore..unless they are Trumps family I guess..

Personally I think he can be a complete moron or is most likely autistic as he doesn't have a filter or an understanding of social norms. That being said I'm not going to discount or disagree with everything he says automatically like many seem to do. Many of the things he says (often poorly) are spot on and are reflective of cold hard truths that people don't want to hear.

The Mexican border is an but an example. People would like to have open boarders and let millions of disadvantaged in-this is what people want to hear. But the hard reality is Mexico has many many bad people and you need to be able to protect your boarders, plus you cant save everyone and countries should instead be encouraged to fix their own messes.

Edited by more

......Meanwhile there's record employment in America. Best it's been over 50 years. Blacks, Whites, Asians, Hispanics all at record levels.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rocket Salad said:

......Meanwhile there's record employment in America. Best it's been over 50 years. Blacks, Whites, Asians, Hispanics all at record levels.

So this is all trumps work in the last few years. Or is it thee knock on effect from the previous government?

1 minute ago, Bored@work said:

So this is all trumps work in the last few years. Or is it thee knock on effect from the previous government?

I was waiting for that. If the economy tanked it would have been Trumps fault...so if he has to take the blame he can also take the credit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, more said:

I was waiting for that. If the economy tanked it would have been Trumps fault...so if he has to take the blame he can also take the credit.

So it’s unknown?

5 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

So it’s unknown?

So what is this, a game of a million questions? If you are just going to resort to silly games like this I'm out..

But for what its worth yes I believe most of the strength in the economy can be attributed to Trump.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/07/how-trump-has-set-economic-growth-on-fire.html

Edited by more

People are taking very strong views.we know what they are.

I don’t have strong views on trump as potus does not have the power that people living outside of us think he does.

Trump is challenged by the other arms of government. People here appear to struggle with that as well.

The world is not black and white, just like here the only mandate you have is to govern with the houses you get. The constitution and the judiciary.

Trump does not accept that. Commentators like bolt know that but they manipulate people with simple 30’s style Germany and Italy approaches. They do this to win financially and politically.

3 hours ago, more said:

So what is this, a game of a million questions? If you are just going to resort to silly games like this I'm out..

But for what its worth yes I believe most of the strength in the economy can be attributed to Trump.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/07/how-trump-has-set-economic-growth-on-fire.html

fark u sook worse than AP/Trump. I had no idea so I asked a question. 

But thank you for providing the link. I’ll have a read.

5 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

fark u sook worse than AP/Trump. I had no idea so I asked a question. 

But thank you for providing the link. I’ll have a read.

Sorry I misread and thought that it was Barry asking the question and being factious.

11 minutes ago, more said:

Sorry I misread and thought that it was Barry asking the question and being factious.

That is your truth and real for you. I respect that.

like ap you present your opinion as fact, rarely citing evidence weak or strong. Then attack individuals rather than work the issue.

You probably see me in that light it’s okay, you are most likely right.

4 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

That is your truth and real for you. I respect that.

like ap you present your opinion as fact, rarely citing evidence weak or strong. Then attack individuals rather than work the issue.

You probably see me in that light it’s okay, you are most likely right.

Besides your WAPO link I'm the only one who has presented any evidence in this latest discussion. Heck I even posted Trumps actual quote on Mexico...so what on earth are you going on about? 

12 minutes ago, more said:

Besides your WAPO link I'm the only one who has presented any evidence in this latest discussion. Heck I even posted Trumps actual quote on Mexico...so what on earth are you going on about? 

Gee you are hard to crack. It’s just a tri board for banter and discussion.

are rog and others all wrong. I only made one claim, the statement was not accurate regards Mexicans and supported with Washington post.

6 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

The sandbox anything goes. 

Always been the rule. 

If people can’t hack it, don’t click in it. 

Id be surprised if anything has ever been deleted from the sandbox.  

Sure as shit it has from the tri forum. 

Edited by Peter

2 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

are rog and others all wrong. I only made one claim, the statement was not accurate regards Mexicans and supported with Washington post.

Yep, yet you feel its o.k to throw out claims that I post opinion as fact when I have done the complete opposite...troll harder mate.

On 05/06/2019 at 5:30 PM, more said:

Yep, yet you feel its o.k to throw out claims that I post opinion as fact when I have done the complete opposite...troll harder mate.

Can you link back to one or two of your fact based posts? This is a popular topic and it is easy to lose where you are in a discussion, when I come back in even after a working day.

I missed some of these and focussed on the opinions, that's my mistake sorry.

• Haha 1

Well rates in America are so low now they can’t create growth. 

So expect the USA to be in recession by this time next year. 

Will be interesting if we follow them into disaster 

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Well rates in America are so low now they can’t create growth. 

So expect the USA to be in recession by this time next year. 

Will be interesting if we follow them into disaster 

We are in a slow down right now. It was interesting to see the spin put on our domestic position by some one expecting to be attacking Bowen for this slow down rather than owning it.