Peter

Trump is the President

I just skim through Donald Trump's lies.

Be honest I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.The other side tell just as many porky pies.

All the media and celebrities say Trump is a bad. Seems like most people just follow along for no reason at all. Trendy?

.....Meanwhile the American economy is booming.

29 minutes ago, Peter said:

Everyone does. But to the level he has?  as in the amount of lies?

I would have thought one lie should be bad enough. If you go down a path that a certain level of lies are O.K but once you go that past that point you are bad its a slippery slope...

1 hour ago, Rocket Salad said:

I just skim through Donald Trump's lies.

Be honest I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.The other side tell just as many porky pies.

All the media and celebrities say Trump is a bad. Seems like most people just follow along for no reason at all. Trendy?

.....Meanwhile the American economy is booming.

I feel bad for you listening to what the media and celebrities tell you.

Trump is extra special at lying though!  He can deny saying something, be presented with the footage of him saying it, and still declare it didn't happen!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, goughy said:

Trump is extra special at lying though!  He can deny saying something, be presented with the footage of him saying it, and still declare it didn't happen!  

Ha ha this is probably true, but at the end of the day I reckon most people know nearly everything that comes out of a politicians mouth is crap so as long as the economy is strong and they have a job then they don't give a shit. 

Trump will win the next election by a landslide. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, more said:

Trump will win the next election by a landslide. 

Don’t tell Rog or Bored@ :)

• Haha 1

All these people protesting Trump as being racist-what has he said or done that is racist?  And what the hell does it have to do with the Poms? I'm always amazed there can be so many people able to take time off work to attend these things.. 

https://www.news.com.au/world/europe/tens-of-thousands-to-descend-on-london-for-protests-against-donald-trump/news-story/b548a244463a8679ad892ce99f0ad229

Calling Mexicans rapists? That's racist in my book. Most of my London colleagues have taken the day off to go protest.

6 minutes ago, monkie said:

Calling Mexicans rapists? That's racist in my book. Most of my London colleagues have taken the day off to go protest.

He didn't actually say all Mexicans are rapists though. He said something to the effect that many of the people sneaking across the border are drug dealers and rapists, which is quite accurate. Do you have any idea how many young females get raped during the journey?? 

What are your colleagues hoping to achieve? 

Edited by more
  • Like 1

Just now, more said:

He didn't actually say all Mexicans are rapists though. He said something to the effect that many of the people sneaking across the border are drug dealers and rapists, which is quite accurate. 

What are your colleagues hoping to achieve? 

Meh. Nuance. The guys a cock head. They are hoping to achieve nothing except to hopefully let him know that London doesn't like him. I'm sure they'll also have a ball doing it, they'll get to see the baby blimp and exercise that democratic right to call a twat a twat.

Oh and to suggest that economic migrants are rapists isn't really on.

11 minutes ago, monkie said:

Meh. Nuance. The guys a cock head. They are hoping to achieve nothing except to hopefully let him know that London doesn't like him. I'm sure they'll also have a ball doing it, they'll get to see the baby blimp and exercise that democratic right to call a twat a twat.

Oh and to suggest that economic migrants are rapists isn't really on.

See this is the whole problem with the Trump attacks. When people are asked why they are protesting they say something which isn't accurate, and then when called out they try to change it to suite their agenda. 

80% of females crossing the border are raped! I'd hazard to guess they are being raped by rapists, probably Mexican rapists.. 

But no, let's play the silly lefty la la game where it's all rainbows and lollipops and there are no bad people... 80 ****ing percent!!!! And Trumps the bad guy for stating the obvious?? Crazy... 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5806972/amp

""80 percent of women and girls crossing into the U.S. by way of Mexico are raped during their journey. That’s up from a previous estimate of 60 percent, according to an Amnesty International report" 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, more said:

See this is the whole problem with the Trump attacks. When people are asked why they are protesting they say something which isn't accurate, and then when called out they try to change it to suite their agenda. 

80% of females crossing the border are raped! I'd hazard to guess they are being raped by rapists, probably Mexican rapists.. 

But no, let's play the silly lefty la la game where it's all rainbows and lollipops and there are no bad people... 80 ****ing percent!!!! And Trumps the bad guy for stating the obvious?? Crazy... 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5806972/amp

""80 percent of women and girls crossing into the U.S. by way of Mexico are raped during their journey. That’s up from a previous estimate of 60 percent, according to an Amnesty International report" 

What have I said that is inaccurate? Trump used identity politics (which you profess to hate) to sow division. He is a disgusting person who boasts about sexual assault, mocks the disabled and is generally a horrible guy (in my subjective opinion, which I'm perfectly entitled to). I'm sure there are bad Mexicans, there are also Australian rapists... there are many catholic priests who rape children. I don't go around describing catholic priests as rapists. 

How many of those rapes are carried out by the migrants? How many by US citizens? How many children has Trump's border policies killed? 

People are there (taking time off their well paid jobs) to exercise their democratic right to call out a horrible individual. Why do you care so much? 

E2A: I'm no lefty and nor are my colleagues, I know that three of them are finishing a session with senior leaders from one of the world's biggest investment banks to then go and protest. You can be a free marketeer and still dislike cockwombles.

Edited by monkie

13 minutes ago, more said:

Who cares about being factually correct if you're morally correct, right?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, monkie said:

Trump used identity politics (which you profess to hate) to sow division. He is a disgusting person who boasts about sexual assault, mocks the disabled .

Trump has done none of those things

• Like 1

Just now, IronJimbo said:

Trump has done none of those things

The hand thing with the reporter? Grabbing women by the pussy? Come on Jimbo...

7 minutes ago, monkie said:

What have I said that is inaccurate? Trump used identity politics (which you profess to hate) to sow division. He is a disgusting person who boasts about sexual assault, mocks the disabled and is generally a horrible guy (in my subjective opinion, which I'm perfectly entitled to). I'm sure there are bad Mexicans, there are also Australian rapists... there are many catholic priests who rape children. I don't go around describing catholic priests as rapists. 

How many of those rapes are carried out by the migrants? How many by US citizens? How many children has Trump's border policies killed? 

People are there (taking time off their well paid jobs) to exercise their democratic right to call out a horrible individual. Why do you care so much? 

E2A: I'm no lefty and nor are my colleagues, I know that three of them are finishing a session with senior leaders from one of the world's biggest investment banks to then go and protest. You can be a free marketeer and still dislike cockwombles.

Educate yourself a little on the topic before getting upset and forming and opinion. Particularly in regards to the Mexican people smugglers and what they do to young females to force them into prostitution... 

It's so sad how people don't want to face up to reality. Identity politics... Whatever the fruck you u want to call it is an effort that could hell prevent thousands of innocent women being raped and forced into prostitution while people like you are to scared to call out the actual problem. 

It's a disgrace and it's sad. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, monkie said:

He was talking about how they would let him grab them, as in voluntarily. How exactly is that assault? 

Another case of a facts not fitting the agenda.... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, more said:

Educate yourself a little on the topic before getting upset and forming and opinion. Particularly in regards to the Mexican people smugglers and what they do to young females to force them into prostitution... 

It's so sad how people don't want to face up to reality. Identity politics... Whatever the fruck you u want to call it is an effort that could hell prevent thousands of innocent women being raped and forced into prostitution while people like you are to scared to call out the actual problem. 

It's a disgrace and it's sad. 

You hate identity politics though right? Or is it only when it agrees with your agenda?

A wall will solve it all right? 

And as for your interpretation of what he said about grabbing women by the pussy... I think that says more about you than me sadly :(

8 minutes ago, monkie said:

You hate identity politics though right? Or is it only when it agrees with your agenda?

A wall will solve it all right? 

And as for your interpretation of what he said about grabbing women by the pussy... I think that says more about you than me sadly :(

Hundreds of people drowned due to the Labor party allowing people smuggling into Australia. The liberal party put an end to that senseless loss of life by stopping the boats. 

I'd imagine if the US could protect their border then similar associated problems like the rapes would also decrease. 

And lol at your last sentence. So in your last ditch effort to avoid looking silly you are trying to say two consenting adults in some sort of foreplay is sexual assult because... ummm Trump bad?? 

Edited by more
  • Like 1

I'm glad you have "your truth" to hold on to. 

I'm not worried about looking silly, people can make their own minds up about that. I just don't think that "Grabbing them by the pussy" is the mark of a good man. Your opinion (and that's all we're arguing about here) is different.

Also, I have no idea about Australian politics.

15 minutes ago, monkie said:

The hand thing with the reporter was his standard derisive mocking gesture that he has used gainst countless people literally for decades 

And the pussy grabbing stuff was quite obviously a reference to what certain women will let you do to them when you have a wallet the size of a planet 

It's pretty sad when you have to invent reasons to hate someone 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

It's pretty sad when you have to invent reasons to hate someone 

I don't hate anyone. I just think he's the lowest of the low. If anything I pity him.

1 minute ago, monkie said:

I don't hate anyone. I just think he's the lowest of the low. If anything I pity him.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true...

4 minutes ago, monkie said:

I'm glad you have "your truth" to hold on to. 

I'm not worried about looking silly, people can make their own minds up about that. I just don't think that "Grabbing them by the pussy" is the mark of a good man. Your opinion (and that's all we're arguing about here) is different.

Also, I have no idea about Australian politics.

I agree also it's not the mark of a good man. But that's not the issue, you said it was sexual assult which it clearly isn't. Oh and let's not forget your backhanded insult towards me... 

This convo has been a perfect illustration of what I was saying. How many time you said something that was false, and then tried to change tack. 

Just now, IronJimbo said:

Search your feelings, you know it to be true...

It's really not. I used to hate people back when I was an angry 22 year old. I've moved on. I'm often intrigued, and feel sad for the world. But there is no hate in my heart. I'm sure you and I would share a beer and have an interesting discussion, even @more who I seem to fundamentally disagree with I'm sure we could have an interesting discussion and if I could help him in any way then I definitely would.

1 minute ago, more said:

I agree also it's not the mark of a good man. But that's not the issue, you said it was sexual assult which it clearly isn't.

There's no clearly here and that's the problem. You interpret it in your way and I interpret it in mine. Both of those are interpretations of events that neither of us were privy to.

1 minute ago, monkie said:

It's really not. I used to hate people back when I was an angry 22 year old. I've moved on. I'm often intrigued, and feel sad for the world. But there is no hate in my heart. I'm sure you and I would share a beer and have an interesting discussion, even @more who I seem to fundamentally disagree with I'm sure we could have an interesting discussion and if I could help him in any way then I definitely would.

I'd hope I have helped you see the crazy nature of sheeple hating for no reason. Sure hate home for being an absolute dickhead (which he is) but a lot of the stuff he says is a truth that people would prefer to ignore

Just now, more said:

I'd hope I have helped you see the crazy nature of sheeple hating for no reason. Sure hate home for being an absolute dickhead (which he is) but a lot of the stuff he says is a truth that people would prefer to ignore

I always like people to present a different opinion, it takes us out of our echo chambers. I don't think you're right here but meh.

2 minutes ago, monkie said:

There's no clearly here and that's the problem. You interpret it in your way and I interpret it in mine. Both of those are interpretations of events that neither of us were privy to.

So how would he be charged with assult if the act is consensual? 

17 minutes ago, monkie said:

I always like people to present a different opinion, it takes us out of our echo chambers. I don't think you're right here but meh.

And you have been incorrect on every point you have raised... meh indeed

If you are actually interested in learning about the Mexican situation  I can help you out. It's helps to have an informed position before forming a view. I work with a Mexican  and a family friend is also from Mexico. Funny that they both agree with Trump....

• Like 1

it seems you’re not alone in agreeing with this administrations views on immigration 

So I’m quite happy for anyone to call me “lefty” for disagreeing with it, I’d be a lot more offended if I was put in the same bucket as this guy. 

Edited by Rog

And for anyone who can justify or explain the mocking of a disabled person for the sake of ideology, what else is there to say?

The part that many of you don’t really seem to grasp or care about is that by not strongly and decisively speaking up against racism, sexism, xenophobia or any sort of intolerance and discrimination, you give permission for extremists to flourish and push their extremist views further.

To the point where some of you end up thinking it is ok to mock people because of their disabilities, or grab women when you want one because you are in a position of power, or paint an entire nation or religion with the same brush, etc etc

Edited by Rog
  • Like 1

But hey, you know a Mexican man so what do I know right?

5 hours ago, Rog said:

But hey, you know a Mexican man so what do I know right?

You are typical-post  heap of smug condescending 'feels' with no facts. 

It was my discussions with the Mexicans who prompted me to read into the situation a little more. You should also, it's absolutely abhorrent what is happening. 

It's funny, it's kind of like all the smug city folk who have never met an aboriginal let alone been to a remote community yet are so passionate about something they know nothing about. 

• Like 1

No worries I’ll see if I can find a Mexican to talk to on my commute home today. I’ll get back to you on that. 

Meanwhile you and ironjimbo can keep liking each other’s post a bit more, must be nice living in that echo chamber where you are never wrong and always speak the “facts”. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, more said:

And you have been incorrect on every point you have raised... meh indeed

If you are actually interested in learning about the Mexican situation  I can help you out. It's helps to have an informed position before forming a view. I work with a Mexican  and a family friend is also from Mexico. Funny that they both agree with Trump.... 

All you've done is post opinions and claim them as facts. Some of them pretty dodgy (like defending the pussy grabbing as some sort of flirting).

Lol, and you "know a Mexican so must be right." Please 

Edited by monkie

1 hour ago, Rog said:

Meanwhile you and ironjimbo can keep liking each other’s post a bit more, must be nice living in that echo chamber where you are never wrong and always speak the “facts”. 

Comprehension is obviously not one of your strong points. It was my discussions with the people from Mexico that pequid my interest and made me read up on the issue so I could have a more informed opinion. Naturally when you talking to them the topic of Trump is raised. To my surprise they supported him and like many people I guess who do things the right way were very critical of those who don't. But it was their comments about the border crossings and the atrocities that opened my eyes. 

Ignorance is bliss ehh Rog.. 

35 minutes ago, monkie said:

All you've done is post opinions and claim them as facts. Some of them pretty dodgy (like defending the pussy grabbing as some sort of flirting).

Lol, and you "know a Mexican so must be right." Please 

Again you are being misleading. It's not my 'opinion' that 80% of females are raped, it's amnesty internationals. 

Again pesky facts getting in the way huh... 

1 hour ago, Rog said:

Well by all means... Posts some of your facts as rebuttal...? 

3 hours ago, more said:

You are typical-post  heap of smug condescending 'feels' with no facts. 

It was my discussions with the Mexicans who prompted me to read into the situation a little more. You should also, it's absolutely abhorrent what is happening. 

It's funny, it's kind of like all the smug city folk who have never met an aboriginal let alone been to a remote community yet are so passionate about something they know nothing about. 

Know your place more

Rog is a leftist.  That means he's a better person than you and I 

9 hours ago, Rog said:

And for anyone who can justify or explain the mocking of a disabled person for the sake of ideology, what else is there to say?

Well, it didn't actually happen as you describe, for starters

But Trump doesn't want to stop the crossings because women are raped on their trek through Mexico. He stated that the Mexicans were sending them their rapists. The rapists are not the ones coming across the border.