Peter

Trump is the President

8 hours ago, Rocket Salad said:

Why do you guys hate Trump?

They're leftists 

Hatred is one of their defining characteristics 

Neither do I. But I do despise him. 

I'm certainly no leftist and I think the guy is a moron, but that's only because the evidence shows that on the balance of probabilities he is.  Whether he is criminal or not is another matter but seems irrelevant at the moment.

I don't hate Trump I can't stand his arrogance. Like Mundine & AP.  They all have very similar characteistic. They are always the best, everyone else is wrong, when proven they are wrong they blame others or just don't respond, sook and then claim they are the greatest ever. Or they are being picked on.

I dislike trump and I am no leftist. The thing is Trump doesn't fit into a left right mould, moderate or extreme. He is as Bored points out all about himself. He is arrogant.

He has an aversion to intelligent discussion or analysis - public policy shouldn't be boiled down to simplistic tweets (as bad as it is here, it isn't quite this bad, yet). He thinks he knows more about everything than people who CLEARLY do know more. Good leadership leverages intelligent people, not thinks they know more than them. Trump claims he knows more than the fed. That his gut is more intelligent?! Who says this stuff?

Trump supports what suits him. He may get some stuff done that the republicans want, but he certainly is not a typical republican. 

He is also broadly dishonest and his personal morals are very off-putting. Grab them by the pussy? Stormy Daniels? And the morally conservative americans vote for him, even vocally support and revere him in some cases, I don't get the US - and I have friends and family there. 

I am no Hillary fan, so I feel the pain of little choice, but how did Trump even win the primary.  Amazing.

Edited by dazaau
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Bored@work said:

I don't hate Trump I can't stand his arrogance. Like Mundine & AP. 

Lumping together Trump, Mundine and AP? Wow, that's harsh.

Also the worst F*ck, Marry, Kill proposition ever. :unsure:

Edited by Paul Every
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, dazaau said:

He is also broadly dishonest and his personal morals are very off-putting. 

I find it strange how you seem surprised about Trump. After all, every single politician lies and as for morals, well there isn't one of them that would put 'morals' ahead of re election. As for his comment re grabbing them on the pussy, lol well not only did Clinton take advantage of one of his young interns and cheat on his wife but he then directly lied to the American people about it. And then got re elected..

I think the 'standard' the yanks expect from their politicians was set pretty low years before Trump...

Edited by more

8 minutes ago, more said:

I think the 'standard' the yanks expect from their politicians was set pretty low years before Trump...

You may be right.

3 hours ago, Paul Every said:

Lumping together Trump, Mundine and AP? Wow, that's harsh.

Also the worst F*ck, Marry, Kill proposition ever. :unsure:

Yep you’re right. Sorry Anthony 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rocket Salad said:

So not because of his economic/political policies.

Interesting.

It's hard to keep track of those policies. He's a moving feast. But protectionism I'm no fan of at all. I'm ok with pushing China to clean up its own act on trade but Trump seems to believe tariffs are actually good, which they are not.

He also needed an actual policy beyond "repeal Obamacare". 

Didn't want to start a new thread for this, and I gather this is policy that fits well with Trump.  But it's looking like Alabama will be passing new abortion laws that will be the toughest in the US, where the only case it will be legal is when the mother's life is at serious risk.  Abortion due to rape and incest will be completely illegal in all cases!

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Is it only the rape/incest cases you object to?

Don't bother Goughy. He's only trolling.

My wife and I chose to abort our second child, Jacob.  I didn't rape her, nor am I her father, brother, cousin, uncle, or any other way related to her other than by marriage.  And Rob was in no danger.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Well of course I know that!  I might be a lefty but I'm not completely daft! 🤪

3 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Thankyou Goughy 🙄

3 minutes ago, goughy said:

My wife and I chose to abort our second child, Jacob.  I didn't rape her, nor am I her father, brother, cousin, uncle, or any other way related to her other than by marriage.

Thanks for clarifying 

• Like 1

*** IronJimbo***

There is a difference between trollinng, taking the piss & being an absolute ****ing knob.  

You might want to have a think about it.

It's alright guys, it's nothing we are ashamed of, or hide from.

Had nothing to do with the point of my initial post of course!

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

*** IronJimbo***

There is a difference between trollinng, taking the piss & being an absolute ****ing knob.  

You might want to have a think about it.

Huh?

I asked Goughy to clarify his position, and he did

What I didn't do is attack him based on an assumption of what his position or motive is, because that is the sort of thing absolute ****ing knobs do

You might want to have a think about it yourself 

It wasn't my intention to create a shit fight, or bring up personal circumstances that wouldn't be afforded to us if the changes they want to introduce become law!  I even chose to post on this thread rather than creating a new one, purely because it's US related, apparently bring introduced by 25 white male Republicans, and if I remember correctly Trump is against abortion.  So I figured keep it in here, and only those interested in what's going on over there will see it.

I wonder how long until an inquisition is begun there, since backwards seems to be their direction.

29 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Huh?

I asked Goughy to clarify his position, and he did

What I didn't do is attack him based on an assumption of what his position or motive is, because that is the sort of thing absolute ****ing knobs do

You might want to have a think about it yourself 

go fk yourself

1 minute ago, goughy said:

it's US related, apparently bring introduced by 25 white male Republicans, and if I remember correctly Trump is against abortion.

It's worth pointing out though that plenty of women are against abortion as are plenty of non white people. But the left will portray it as white men forcing their beliefs on all women. It's also worth pointing out that plenty of Democrats male and female are against abortion.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, goughy said:

It wasn't my intention to create a shit fight,

Nor mine.  Thanks for sharing though, you're certainly well placed to comment.  Respect  👍

2 minutes ago, A2K said:

It's worth pointing out though that plenty of women are against abortion as are plenty of non white people. But the left will portray it as white men forcing their beliefs on all women. It's also worth pointing out that plenty of Democrats male and female are against abortion.

I was surprised by the number of women protesting outside of an abortion clinic in Lousivuille when I was there for the race. The clinic is about 500m from race start. They are there protesting 24/7 & there is two police officers on guard 24/7. It was a bit confronting to be honest. We shielded our daughter from it & walked the long way to avoid it.

7 minutes ago, A2K said:

And I clearly am that left!  :)

On ‎9‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 10:58 PM, Rocket Salad said:

Why do you guys hate Trump?

I love the Donald. Gives me endless amounts of amusement. To prove my point we have 33 pages of comment and none of us are Americans , so why do we care. Bring on 2020. "Keep American Great".

He knows exactly what he is doing and is having a ball. I can't wait for the next election campaign. Chaos will rein.

Edited by IronmanFoz
Fix type - Rain to rein

19 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

I love the Donald. Gives me endless amounts of amusement. To prove my point we have 33 pages of comment and none of us are Americans , so why do we care. Bring on 2020. "Keep American Great".

He knows exactly what he is doing and is having a ball. I can't wait for the next election campaign. Chaos will rein.

Not yet. I would love to move to America. 

...... you know when you have one of those days, when it seems like the only reason you open your mouth is to fit your second foot in there as well...........

I think @more knows I'm having one of them!

• Like 1

Impeachment proceedings gaining some momentum here at the moment, things are definitely getting more interesting. 

He’s definitely not about to get impeached. 

17 hours ago, Rog said:

He’s definitely not about to get impeached. 

It would achieve nothing anyway.

The silent Americans would be very upset if he was impeached.

1 hour ago, IronmanFoz said:

It would achieve nothing anyway.

The silent Americans would be very upset if he was impeached.

Besides, being hated by the left is not an impeachable offence 

Grateful for your insights Junior. 

9 hours ago, Rog said:

Grateful for your insights Junior. 

No worries Hillary

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, more said:

Everyone does. But to the level he has?  as in the amount of lies?

Edited by Peter