Peter

Trump is the President

Ummm, all the Trump supporters want it, cause Trump told them they do.  

• Like 1

Pollies tell lies, or stretch the truth, all the time!  There's no mystery there.  It's par for the course.  But I do find it amazing what Trump seems to get away with.

Reading that while in Iraq he claimed that the soldiers have gotten a 10% pay rise and it's the first time they've had a pay increase in 10 years.  But apparently what they've received is 2.6% and they've had a pay increase every single year since 1983.  If that's right, I just can't fathom how he continues to get away with the stuff that comes out of his mouth?

50 minutes ago, goughy said:

Pollies tell lies, or stretch the truth, all the time!  There's no mystery there.  It's par for the course.  But I do find it amazing what Trump seems to get away with.

Reading that while in Iraq he claimed that the soldiers have gotten a 10% pay rise and it's the first time they've had a pay increase in 10 years.  But apparently what they've received is 2.6% and they've had a pay increase every single year since 1983.  If that's right, I just can't fathom how he continues to get away with the stuff that comes out of his mouth?

25% of Americans will believe him and claim anything to the contrary is fake news.

25% of Americans know it’s a lie

10% know it’s a lie but don’t care

The remaining 40% don’t bother voting anyway 

• Like 1

The media keep reporting about all the stupid things he does and says but Trump is Teflon coated and nothing seems to stick. The media also have to really lift their game and report the truth only and not play into his hands of fake news. I also think his true supporters are withheld a lot of news and told what they want to hear and in general don’t even care if he lies or says stupid things and tweets crap, it’s just noise to them and he is doing exactly what he said he would do and not play by the rules, and they love him for it.

Edited by fiftyplus
  • Like 1

My cousin (yank) married a girl from Sweden that’s is a college lecturer.  

Shes had to give monthly blood samples to prove she’s not pregnant to stay in America working.  If she falls pregnant,she has been told she will be kicked out of the states immediately.  

If she didn’t tell me herself I wouldn’t believe such rubbish.  

Unemployment rate has been on a steady decline since 2009.  Obama entered office with an unemployment rate of about 8%; reached a peak of about 10% a year later then a steady decline over the rest of his presidency to just under 5% when Trump took over.

I love RS.  He doesn't say much, but when he does is a humdinger!

I'd say I'm guessing that they're looking at the worst years obama had vs the best Trump had.  For example, Obama's last year deficit was less than trumps first.  Obama had many job approval ratings above 50%, but when I looked at it Trump never had a 50%.  Love to know where you got the graphic from? :)

3 hours ago, Nath. said:

68E72CD3-2E5A-41FB-AA78-269FC8DBE877.jpeg

And the real charges haven’t landed yet...

Sounds like Obama needs to step up...lift his game a bit more!!!

• Like 1

Most of the Dems do, by the looks of it!

1 hour ago, IronmanFoz said:

Sounds like Obama needs to step up...lift his game a bit more!!!

Maybe he selected the right people in positions that could make those indictments.

On 30/12/2018 at 12:33 PM, Rog said:

Maybe you shouldn’t believe her then...

Now that you're living in the States, is it possible you're feeling exasperation when you read ignorant comments about what's going on in the States from people who don't live in the States?

Felt exactly the same way when I was living the M.E.

• Like 1

On 30/12/2018 at 4:29 AM, Peter said:

My cousin (yank) married a girl from Sweden that’s is a college lecturer.  

Shes had to give monthly blood samples to prove she’s not pregnant to stay in America working.  If she falls pregnant,she has been told she will be kicked out of the states immediately.  

If she didn’t tell me herself I wouldn’t believe such rubbish.  

She is 100% wrong, or lying.

6 hours ago, FatPom said:

She is 100% wrong, or lying.

Unless it's a condition of her employment contract who are sponsoring her VISA to live in the USA. Peter never said it was a government enforced condition. 

One of my best friends in the US is a recruiter & he loves hiring Aussies because if they get fired etc they have 10 days to find another job who will sponsor them or boom they get kicked out of the USA. So it makes them very loyal and hard working. 

But it's very strange I thought Marriage would have got her permanent residency esp since she is a college lecturer (unless it's community college) 

40 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Unless it's a condition of her employment contract who are sponsoring her VISA to live in the USA. Peter never said it was a government enforced condition. 

One of my best friends in the US is a recruiter & he loves hiring Aussies because if they get fired etc they have 10 days to find another job who will sponsor them or boom they get kicked out of the USA. So it makes them very loyal and hard working. 

But it's very strange I thought Marriage would have got her permanent residency esp since she is a college lecturer (unless it's community college) 

There isn't a  condition like that I'm aware of that a sponsoring company could impose legally.  Getting married would not have given her perm residency alone. She either married o/s and applied for K-1 visa, waited o/s for the grant and then became a perm res upon entering the USA.

or, came on a VWP entry, got married in the US (which is legal, only the intent to enter for marriage is not permitted on the VWP). In which case she would apply for an AOS (adjustment of status). Hubby provides the I 134 form AoS (affidavit of support). Then an EAD is needed before she could apply for a SSN in the first place.

Not sure where your friend is getting 10days from but 60 days is usually the norm.  Having said that, entering on a VWP gives a person absolutely zero right of appeal. (because there is no visa in the first place).

or, she came on an L-1, which depending on her age could be somewhat unusual if she's young.  Even then, after getting married, you'd have rocks in your head not to file for AoS based on marriage.

Aussies can be in a different spot, as the E-3 specifically allows for spouses to obtain an EAD.

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FatPom said:

There isn't a  condition like that I'm aware of that a sponsoring company could impose legally.  Getting married would not have given her perm residency alone. She either married o/s and applied for K-1 visa, waited o/s for the grant and then became a perm res upon entering the USA.

or, came on a VWP entry, got married in the US (which is legal, only the intent to enter for marriage is not permitted on the VWP). In which case she would apply for an AOS (adjustment of status). Hubby provides the I 134 form AoS (affidavit of support). Then an EAD is needed before she could apply for a SSN in the first place.

Not sure where your friend is getting 10days from but 60 days is usually the norm.  Having said that, entering on a VWP gives a person absolutely zero right of appeal. (because there is no visa in the first place).

or, she came on an L-1, which depending on her age could be somewhat unusual if she's young.  Even then, after getting married, you'd have rocks in your head not to file for AoS based on marriage.

Aussies can be in a different spot, as the E-3 specifically allows for spouses to obtain an EAD.

It was a few years ago he mentioned it so the laws may have changed. It definitely wasn’t 60 days, I remember being shocked by how little time it was. 

If I hadn’t spent so much time building my career with my current employee I would have already moved to California.

You’re right used to be 10 days for the E3 got extended to 60 a few years ago. 

21 hours ago, Nath. said:

68E72CD3-2E5A-41FB-AA78-269FC8DBE877.jpeg

And the real charges haven’t landed yet...

Obviously they don't consider Obama's Attorney General being found in contempt of Congress as an indictment...

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Obviously they don't consider Obama's Attorney General being found in contempt of Congress as an indictment...

Perhaps because he (Eric Holder) was cleared of all charges in late 2012

4 minutes ago, Mike Del said:

Perhaps because he (Eric Holder) was cleared of all charges in late 2012

Thanks to Obama's executive order

Nothing to see here...

So, maybe add one to Obama's list?  He's getting closer to Trump, Nixon, and the other Republicans by the minute.

Because being voted on by a partisan house is the same thing:

As a result of a dispute over the release of Justice Department documents related to the scandal, Attorney General Eric Holder became the first sitting member of the Cabinet of the United States to be held in contempt of Congress on June 28, 2012 in a vote along party lines in a controlled House.[17][18]At Holder's request, President Barack Obama had invoked executive privilege for the first time in his presidency in order to withhold documents that "were not generated in the course of the conduct of Fast and Furious."[19][20

Its worth a read to detailed to post everything.

But I can see how outrageous it is that 1 democrat gout out of the congress holding him in contempt and how that somehow makes it alright that there are 24 criminal convictions in the current Trump administration.

But but what about the other guys, look at them

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Thanks to Obama's executive order

Nothing to see here...

Sorry incorrect again IronJ :thumbdown: ,

Holder was cleared of all contempt of Congress charges following an investigation by the US Dept of Justice Inspector General.

Obama did issue an Executive Order to quarantine some of Holder's emails from Congress and public disclosure, however the emails in question were made available to the Justice Department special investigators.   

Typical IJ defense of the indefensible - what about the other guys 🙄

5 minutes ago, Rog said:

Well, to keep it in perspective, Trump did beat the other candidate who was being referred to as 'Crooked' Hillary every way she turned.  If you don't think that had the biggest impact on the presidential result, then you don't really understand politics. 

Guess the numbers were bound to be high either way and IJ can't claim the naming rights on this defence.

1 hour ago, Mike Del said:

Obama did issue an Executive Order to quarantine some of Holder's emails from Congress and public disclosure, however the emails in question were made available to the Justice Department special investigators.   

The emails in question were hidden on Hilary's private computer/server. ;)

On 01/01/2019 at 10:08 PM, The Customer said:

Now that you're living in the States, is it possible you're feeling exasperation when you read ignorant comments about what's going on in the States from people who don't live in the States?

Felt exactly the same way when I was living the M.E.

On 02/01/2019 at 6:54 AM, Bored@work said:

Im just repeating what she told me.  

She is married to an aussie. 

Neither are American citizens.  

She is still swedish and he is Australian. Son was born in sweden. 

Both work full time is usa. 

I asked my friend about pregnancy and conditions of employment/visa applications in the USA. 

It may be illegal but it's not uncommon. Especially when contracts with strict deadlines are in place. 

29 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

I asked my friend about pregnancy and conditions of employment/visa applications in the USA. 

It may be illegal but it's not uncommon. Especially when contracts with strict deadlines are in place. 

That could only be applied at an 'at will' state and it is absolutely nothing to do with a visa application. It could be an employment condition but would be rare. Neither an L1, L1A or H1 have that condition (and H1B prohibits employment).

There is no way that Peter's cousin's wife is being thrown out of the country for being pregnant, not if she's on a K1 or even in AoS administration. Losing her job for being pregnant is another matter but that does not affect her status in regards to staying in the US. The only thing I can think of is that she has not adjusted for marriage and is on an L1, as even on an O visa you can still be pregnant.

The two things just aren't related, not in the immigration sense, anyway.

11 hours ago, Mike Del said:

Sorry incorrect again IronJ :thumbdown: ,

Holder was cleared of all contempt of Congress charges following an investigation by the US Dept of Justice Inspector General.

So Obama's AG was cleared by Obama's justice department...

Why do you think Holder referred to himself as Obama's wingman?

11 hours ago, Rog said:

Tu quoque responses rarely prove much Rog

11 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

The emails in question were hidden on Hilary's private computer/server. ;)

My friends in Cali were huge supporters of Hiliary (donated a shit tin of money to her campaign - enough to have her around for dinner)

It was interesting to hear from them the story behind the emails. I can't remember the exact story but when they explained the series of events etc storing the actions taken made sense.

25 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

My friends in Cali were huge supporters of Hiliary (donated a shit tin of money to her campaign - enough to have her around for dinner)

It was interesting to hear from them the story behind the emails. I can't remember the exact story but when they explained the series of events etc storing the actions taken made sense.

I never understand why someone would donate so much money to a politician...unless they expect something in return. Donations should be banned IMHO

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

There's not a good reason for The Secretary of State to be conducting official business on private server

4 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

There's not a good reason for The Secretary of State to be conducting official business on private server

thought the system they were stored on originally was hacked and they were dumped on the second server as it was confirmed as being secured etc. 

I also think at the time there was no process in place to capture a hacking scenario of that scale. As I said I can't remember the seqence of events but at the time it was explained to me. I thought it was a justifiable decision. Which I guess the FBI/who ever investigated it also agreed with (hence no charges & she isn't in jail or been convicted)

4 hours ago, more said:

I never understand why someone would donate so much money to a politician...unless they expect something in return. Donations should be banned IMHO

I'm the same I don't really get it, but these people love the country and honestly believe their political party will create a better life for them and their children. As they said to me they see it as an investment in their childrens future and quality of life.

11 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

thought the system they were stored on originally was hacked and they were dumped on the second server as it was confirmed as being secured etc. 

I also think at the time there was no process in place to capture a hacking scenario of that scale. As I said I can't remember the seqence of events but at the time it was explained to me. I thought it was a justifiable decision. Which I guess the FBI/who ever investigated it also agreed with (hence no charges & she isn't in jail or been convicted)

hmm sounds weird, but no charges, though the fbi director had some interesting timing during the campaign.

Just now, BarryBevan said:

hmm sounds weird, but no charges, though the fbi director had some interesting timing during the campaign.

Comey admitted a couple of months ago that he thought Hillary's election was a done deal (which explains why he didn't file charges against his likely future boss).  He wanted the FBI to look impartial though, which is why he made the announcements regarding the investigations when he did - he didn't expect it to make a material difference

Obviously it serves Hillary to be able to blame Comey for her loss (or the Russians, or the press, or men), and naturally she is running with it

13 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Wasn't the investigation after the campaign when Trump was running the show.

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Comey admitted a couple of months ago that he thought Hillary's election was a done deal (which explains why he didn't file charges against his likely future boss).  He wanted the FBI to look impartial though, which is why he made the announcements regarding the investigations when he did - he didn't expect it to make a material difference

Obviously it serves Hillary to be able to blame Comey for her loss (or the Russians, or the press, or men), and naturally she is running with it

Isn't Trump doing exactly that. "I won't blame you for the shut down" a week later "it's your fault I ws forced to shut down Goverment?"

1 minute ago, Bored@work said:

Isn't Trump doing exactly that. "I won't blame you for the shut down" a week later "it's your fault I ws forced to shut down Goverment?"

I don't see the relevance of the border wall to Hillary destroying evidence?