Peter

Trump is the President

Cottoneyes    752

The republicans can say hello to another 4 years in the wilderness if they go down that path though, short of getting someone like Michael Jordan to be the new candidate. The whole scenario clears a path for Clinton or Bernie straight to the whitehouse if they do it, you can just see the campaign of why vote for the republican when they weren't even voted by their own party.

Going to be a lot of pissed-off big business people if this clears the path for Bernie. Would be a good time to be a congressman with morals that allow to accept "donations", going to be a lot of "donations" going around

TryTriB4Forty    640

Either way, doesn't pretty much anything now make the way for a Democrat?

If the Republicans somehow dump Trump .... there will be bedlam and a lot of pissed of people.

If Trump wins the nomination (despite sounding like a completely ridiculous notion only a few weeks ago, its looking more and more likely) .... surely he won't get enough votes to get to the white house?!

Either way, whatever plays out from here on in its got to be good news from the likes of Clinton and Sanders!?!

Cottoneyes    752

I liken it to a pendulum. People have had enough of the left leaning policies of Obama and candidates being equal the swinging voters will move to the right in this election. Similar to what we have had recently here in Australia.

The only way I cannot see the Republican getting the gig is if the republicans start a civil war, which appears to be the only hope. Of course if the civil war fans enough to remove all oxygen and coverage from the democrats, it might just work out for them as well.

One hell of a scary ride coming up

IronJimbo    491

Rubio has dropped out, this is starting to get beyond a joke now. Do the american people really want that nutcase with a thumb over the nukes?

Are you genuinely concerned that Trump will nuke someone?

If so, what are you basing that fear on?

BarryBevan    592

I liken it to a pendulum. People have had enough of the left leaning policies of Obama and candidates being equal the swinging voters will move to the right in this election. Similar to what we have had recently here in Australia.

The only way I cannot see the Republican getting the gig is if the republicans start a civil war, which appears to be the only hope. Of course if the civil war fans enough to remove all oxygen and coverage from the democrats, it might just work out for them as well.

One hell of a scary ride coming up

Tea Party nuts have had enough of it, most Americans are quite happy with Obama the best pres since jfk. The Tea Prty hurt the republicans enough, Their main concern is that they have no possible way to beat the democrats with the way thye have split themselves. Trump serves to make that worse.

goughy    2,000

That the guy is friggin bat shit nuts!

Sure maybe he won't win the presidency, and maybe will even help the Dems get the leadership. But how much is that worth if the senate/whatever it is is mostly Republican. At least here you vote for a party and the leader comes from that party. Over there to have a leader from one group and the power held by the other - time for another 8 years of nothing getting done.

Tea Party nuts have had enough of it, most Americans are quite happy with Obama the best pres since jfk. The Tea Prty hurt the republicans enough, Their main concern is that they have no possible way to beat the democrats with the way thye have split themselves. Trump serves to make that worse.

Well according to Wikipedia, Obama has the lowest average approval rating of a POTUS since Carter.

However, if I was a Republican establishment shaker and mover, I'd run soft and let Cruz or Trump win the nomination. At least that will cement the notion that a Tea Party/bomb thrower candidate can't possibly win.

Although the ALP persisted with unlectable candidates between 1960 and 1969

IronJimbo    491

That the guy is friggin bat shit nuts!

Well as nuts as he may or may not be, I respectfully disagree that he would be nuts enough to nuke anybody

goughy    2,000

I didn't necessarily mean I thought he would. Just that he's that nuts and that's why people think he might do something that crazy.

I wouldn't be surprised either way.

IronmanFoz    635

If he does actually become President he'll backflip on a lot of his statements.

You mean like everyone else.

He would be a refreshing change to Obama. That guy seriously was a nupty- I cringed everytime he opened his mouth. Anyway....... They have all been puppets til now and America has only just worked it out!!!!

Slowman    234

If he does actually become President he'll backflip on a lot of his statements.

And his wife will open a beauty and hairdressing salon in the whitehouse?

Cottoneyes    752

"We'll bomb the shit out of isis"

Donald Trump, Iowa Nov 12 2015

" I would bomb the hell out of those oil fields [in Iraq]. I wouldn't send many troops, because you won't need them by the time I got finished"

Donald Trump - CNN interview July 8 2015

I could get heaps of examples to show he is running on a platform of wanting to bomb the hell out of somebody, anybody to show he has a dick. Would you like me to continue?

And before you come back and say he does not specify nukes, bombs have been getting dropped on these areas for along time and not really denting things. You think when he wants to be shown successful he is not going to go one step further? He's shown in business time and again he believes he is above the law and basic morals, if you want him to have nuke access, please feel free to take him, yourself and all the nukes and move to mars and have fun

• Like 2

TryTriB4Forty    640

I think the thing with Trump is that he is completely unpredictable.

We can debate on here whether he will or won't drop bombs, or pass legislation or whatever - but I think the main problem is that nobody knows what the hell he will do if he was sitting in the big chair. There was that terrific 'debate between Trump and Trump that was on TV (I think Stephen Colbert did it) where they played all the times he had contradicted himself ....

My view is that the one thing that you wouldn't want for the worlds biggest economy, a major super-power with one of the worlds largest military forces is a guy that is unpredictable ....

Who knows what the hell he would do ?? Isn't that part of the problem?

• Like 2

IronJimbo    491

" I would bomb the hell out of those oil fields [in Iraq]. I wouldn't send many troops, because you won't need them by the time I got finished"

I could get heaps of examples to show he is running on a platform of wanting to bomb the hell out of somebody, anybody to show he has a dick. Would you like me to continue?

And before you come back and say he does not specify nukes, bombs have been getting dropped on these areas for along time and not really denting things. You think when he wants to be shown successful he is not going to go one step further? He's shown in business time and again he believes he is above the law and basic morals, if you want him to have nuke access, please feel free to take him, yourself and all the nukes and move to mars and have fun

You're right. He didn't specify nukes

Perhaps the situation in Iraq and Syria might have been different if someone had listened to his generals and not pulled out too early

I'm sure Hillary would make an excellent CIC if Benghazi is anything to go by...

IronmanFoz    635

Fenway are you all sensational ists! I see no one talking on here about his tax policy.

The US are in a massive hole (debt) and someone wants to fix it!

Peter    1,563

Fenway are you all sensational ists! I see no one talking on here about his tax policy.

The US are in a massive hole (debt) and someone wants to fix it!

They gave up caring about debt 15 yrs ago.

The Chinese own their debt. Just like Germany own most of europes.

I'm waiting for the Chinese to fark the U.S. over.

Cottoneyes    752

You're right. He didn't specify nukes

Perhaps the situation in Iraq and Syria might have been different if someone had listened to his generals and not pulled out too early

I'm sure Hillary would make an excellent CIC if Benghazi is anything to go by...

Yep your right, because in democracy there is only 2 choices :sleepy:

IronJimbo    491

I suppose there's a chance that an independent could get up

I prefer to discuss what's likely though

noknees    148

And every NRA card carrying slack jawed yokel and John Deere cap wearing suspender snapping Good Ole Boy are saying "Amen, to that shit brother. Where the hell do I do that there voting thingy"

And that boys & girls is how Mr Trump became President.

BarryBevan    592

And every NRA card carrying slack jawed yokel and John Deere cap wearing suspender snapping Good Ole Boy are saying "Amen, to that shit brother. Where the hell do I do that there voting thingy"

And that boys & girls is how Mr Trump became President.

The good thing about those types in the US is while they hate everything and would vote for trump, they can't read or write, so don't register to vote. They also only leave home to brew moonshine and copulate with their close relatives.

• Like 1