Peter

Trump is the President

I'm

On my way over now, to sort this shit out

Make sure you are packing heat.

This would all be a lot funnier and I would feel more comfortable laughing at it if this wasnt the race for the most powerful seat in the world.

Don't worry in the end it will be Hillaryous!

The polls are showing Hillary ahead by miles, they just need to show up and vote. Obama ran a smart campaign last time and focused on getting people to come out and vote. The conservatives everywhere benefit most when the voter turnout is low. So long as there is a good voter turnout Trump will get trumped.

• Like 1

Didn't queen say he can't use any of their songs, so I'm guessing 'we are the champions'

The polls are showing Hillary ahead by miles, they just need to show up and vote. Obama ran a smart campaign last time and focused on getting people to come out and vote. The conservatives everywhere benefit most when the voter turnout is low. So long as there is a good voter turnout Trump will get trumped.

100 IQ and the right to vote.

Arg it was on the TV at work - he has become an even deeper shade of orange!

i thought it was my tv and have had no success adjusting the color.

Trump in a landslide. Do not underestimate the power of stupidity. And I'm not referring to him.

• Like 3

The whole preselection thing seems a bit stupid.

It basically forces people from a like minded party to spend a year or more attacking each other with irreparable and ongoing results giving fodder and free kicks to the opposition aplenty.

It's the same process here for party pre-selections, The parties here do it behind closed doors to remove the free kicks, yet the back door deals, branch stacking, affirmative action and head office selections leave us with plenty of piss poor candidates as well as disillusioned party members. Not sure which method is really the better

At least in the US there must be at least 10,000 full times jobs created for political nerds just in campaigning each year

The whole preselection thing seems a bit stupid.ÃÂ

ÃÂ

It basically forces people from a like minded party to spend a year or more attacking each other with irreparable and ongoing results giving fodder and free kicks to the opposition aplenty. ÃÂ

In every electorate in Australia the same thing happens but is not televised. As a long time member if the Liberal party, my mail box (not email) is full of letters written trying to destroy the opposition (internal) for pre-selection.

I am quite surprised that these letters don't make the papers. I'm sure that both parties have members in the other camp to get these exchanges as it just exposes the dirt with no effort.

Edited by Mike Honcho

Yeah I get that it is no different, but playing it out in public and over such a protracted time frame seems counter productive to the party itself.

• Like 1

Public is so fickle these days, things only last for 72 hours in the media cycle, even with all the social media. Get it out in the open now, all forgetten by the end of August

Wonder if enough will come of this Hillary email scandal in the long run though. Could we end up with 2 President Clintons facing impeachment?

The whole preselection thing seems a bit stupid.

It basically forces people from a like minded party to spend a year or more attacking each other with irreparable and ongoing results giving fodder and free kicks to the opposition aplenty.

..... and, after kicking the crap out of each other for 2-3 years, they show up at the Conventions and pretend they're the best of mates to keep the other guys out.

Politics is Showbusiness for Ugly People ... or in this case, Weird, Ugly People!

It's times like these I start to think the Amish got it right. :sleepy:

Apart from the "no booze" thing!

Â

Apart from the "no booze" thing!

...and they probably wouldn't have di2 either

• Like 1

The scary thing with Trump is that nobody thought it would get this far.

Many people, me included, wrote him off 12 months ago as a loony that would surely fail to get anywhere in primaries...

And at every stage he has continued to get enough votes....

So, even now im thinking 'there is no way Ttump could ACTUALLY become President...'

But ive been expecting him to lose for 12 months and he hasnt...

Scary thought.

The scary thing with Trump is that nobody thought it would get this far.

Many people, me included, wrote him off 12 months ago as a loony that would surely fail to get anywhere in primaries...

And at every stage he has continued to get enough votes....

So, even now im thinking 'there is no way Ttump could ACTUALLY become President...'

But ive been expecting him to lose for 12 months and he hasnt...

Scary thought.

Michael Moore thinks he'll become pres. I think he was saying because his supporters are so vocal and so 'nuts' that they'll all be turning up on voting day, and will beat the apathy of the normal voting public. The Dems need to stir up something like the crazy around him, but all the crazy people have already picked!

Michael Moore thinks he'll become pres.

And I assume already putting the first documentary together. I imagine there'll be a few over the 4 years.

Koch brothets have said they will not back Trump. That says alot and is going to severely dent his chances

Yeh, but the North Korean State media has come out in his support with lines like

“wise politician” and “far-sighted candidate”

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

It's times like these I start to think the Amish got it right. :sleepy:

Are you suggesting that Donald should build a barn to keep the Mexicans out?

Trump is picking the wrong fight isn't he, going after a this dead soldiers parents? Isn't the military his party's rank and file?

If any nation can be stupid enough to elect this knobhead to be the most powerful leader in the western world, it would be the USA

Trump is picking the wrong fight isn't he, going after a this dead soldiers parents? Isn't the military his party's rank and file?

If any nation can be stupid enough to elect this knobhead to be the most powerful leader in the western world, it would be the USA

maybe not. Can't find the link now but the dad that spoke works or is on the payroll for some saudi king

On the positive side... the US Federal court has recently been ruling against the "photo-ID" (Driver's license or Passport) requirement to vote, implemented in a number of Republican states, in the full knowledge that it will restrict low-income (predominantly African-American and Latino) from voting.

And now he's made a comment that could be indicating using violence to protect the 2nd amendment.

He commented today that HC wants to take away the 2nd amendment, and that if she can appoint her own judges then there's nothing you can do, 'although the second amendment, maybe there is'.

The White House has been showing Donald Trump old James Bond movies instead of giving him security briefings.

• Like 2

I think the strategy that has got Trump this far is not going to work in the ongoing Presidential campaign.

When you think about it, he came into this with a sort of "any publicity is good publicity" type of approach. Its very much an approach from the world of entertainment - it doesn't matter if its a sex tape or a speech to the UN, any publicity can be good publicity if you are in the business of selling perfume or CD's or wanting people to go see your latest movie.

And up until now, Trump seems to have capitalised on that - every time he said something stupid he's received more and more exposure and media attention....

now we are at the pointy end where he doesn't really need to generate media attention, he needs to start selling a message ... what is his plan/vision, where will he lead the country? etc....

Surely the 'getting attention' approach can only carry you so far if you haven't got anything remotely smart to say ....

No. Reality is starting to hit a few that being the president is important to not only America but the world.

FM

I hope Donny Turnip doesnt read Trannies - he might think a sex tape with him as the 'star' is a brilliant idea. YUK

Donald Trump always makes me think of Douglas Reynholm.

• Like 1