Peter

Trump is the President

4 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Paragraph 1. above isn't true - Donald say he doesn't lie!

Paragraph 2. Sounds like Australian Politics. 

Paragraph 1 isn't true because it's full of misrepresentations

So are you saying the president did not mock a disabled reporter, did not call all Mexicans rapists, did not approve of an ad that was subsequently banned by Fox News etc etc. 

Is this when you start bringing your alternative facts?

Also will you counter my point about under pining values or will you just go your usual route calling everyone who disagrees with your view of the world a leftist. 

10 minutes ago, Rog said:

So are you saying the president did not mock a disabled reporter, did not call all Mexicans rapists, did not approve of an ad that was subsequently banned by Fox News etc etc. 

Is this when you start bringing your alternative facts?

Also will you counter my point about under pining values or will you just go your usual route calling everyone who disagrees with your view of the world a leftist. 

1. He mocked a guy who he did not know was disabled in the same way that he mocks just about everyone.  Not saying it's right, just saying it's not as evil as you would like to suggest

2. He did not call all Mexicans rapists.  He correctly noted that some are rapists

3. As Foz noted earlier, the ad was a bit of a stretch but the intended point was not inaccurate

Very happy to talk about underpinning values and I apologise for missing your question.  Which post was it?

• Like 1

1/3 of them.  But the breakdown was pretty uneven.  There were 26 democrat held seats vs 9 Republican held seats.  So it was always going to be a miracle for the Dems to win the senate.  And it would also depend on where those seats were too.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Peter said:

Huh?

Just some dead brothel owner in Nevada won a position in the State Assembly.

Holy crap he didn’t wait long after the midterms to get rid of sessions!

whag a crazy day in politics.....bizzare press conference meltdown, sacked AG & Foley gone!

cant wait for the unsealed indictments to be opened.

Ivanka used a private email account to send hundreds of govt emails.  Wonder if there'll be space in the cell he's wanted to put Hillary into for doing that?

53 minutes ago, goughy said:

Ivanka used a private email account to send hundreds of govt emails.  Wonder if there'll be space in the cell he's wanted to put Hillary into for doing that?

Did she smash up her laptops with a hammer and all that shit too?

She wouldn't know what a hammer is....

46 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

11 minutes ago, goughy said:

She'd have paid someone to do it.

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

True, it normally would be pretty unusual for a pollie to do something shifty!  I certainly would think a Trump never has....

10 hours ago, goughy said:

I'll take that as a no

Clinton was a crook (as was her lying husband)-what was she trying to hide from the FBI by destroying her mobile phones! Disgraceful...

"Clinton aide Justin] Cooper did recall two instances where he destroyed Clinton’s old mobile devices by breaking them in half or hitting them with a hammer.

According to FBI documents, investigators determined a total of thirteen devices were associated with Clinton’s two phone numbers and personal email domain, eight of which she used during her tenure as Secretary of State from 2009 to 2013. The FBI requested that all thirteen devices be handed over, but Clinton’s attorneys informed the FBI that they were “unable to locate any of these devices,” so the bureau was unable to examine them. Another Clinton aide, Huma Abedin, told FBI agents that the whereabouts of Clinton’s unwanted devices would “frequently become unknown.”

7 minutes ago, more said:

Clinton was a crook (as was her lying husband)-what was she trying to hide from the FBI by destroying her mobile phones! Disgraceful...

"Clinton aide Justin] Cooper did recall two instances where he destroyed Clinton’s old mobile devices by breaking them in half or hitting them with a hammer.

According to FBI documents, investigators determined a total of thirteen devices were associated with Clinton’s two phone numbers and personal email domain, eight of which she used during her tenure as Secretary of State from 2009 to 2013. The FBI requested that all thirteen devices be handed over, but Clinton’s attorneys informed the FBI that they were “unable to locate any of these devices,” so the bureau was unable to examine them. Another Clinton aide, Huma Abedin, told FBI agents that the whereabouts of Clinton’s unwanted devices would “frequently become unknown.”

But Ivanka's got a Hotmail account, so, same thing...

You guys are like trumps lawyers. 

Deflect, deny, lock her up! MAGA! 

7 minutes ago, Rog said:

You guys are like trumps lawyers. 

Deflect, deny, lock her up! MAGA! 

Still happy to talk about underpinning values if you are Rog

If you just want to pretend that having a Hotmail account is the same as having classified information on your own illegal private server which was physically destroyed by 'bleaching' drilling and hammers so the FBI couldn't get at it, then that's okay too

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

We all need to remember the great line from The Hunt For Red October!

"I'm a politician, which means I'm a liar and a cheat and if I'm not kissing babies I'm stealing their lollipops".

I believe in the goodness of all people, and always believe the best of people.  But when it comes to pollies, that line is what I stand by.  At least in this day and age, and until I find one who shows me different.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Still happy to talk about underpinning values if you are Rog

If you just want to pretend that having a Hotmail account is the same as having classified information on your own illegal private server which was physically destroyed by 'bleaching' drilling and hammers so the FBI couldn't get at it, then that's okay too

I don’t want to pretend anything, the topic is not Hillary Clinton, why do you feel the need to defend and deflect from the findings around Ivanka Trump’s use of a personal email account to conduct business in the White House?

Based on the stuff I read coming from you,  my only conclusion is that I don’t think I could ever have a conversation about ethics and values with you.

I try very hard to be open minded and pragmatic about my views of the world, but I have nothing in common with how you see things. 

All you seem to care about is what is left and what is right, not what is right or what is wrong. 

Edited by Rog
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rog said:

I don’t want to pretend anything, the topic is not Hillary Clinton, why do you feel the need to defend and deflect from the findings around Ivanka Trump’s use of a personal email account to conduct business in the White House?

Based on the stuff I read coming from you,  my only conclusion is that I don’t think I could ever have a conversation about ethics and values with you.

I try very hard to be open minded and pragmatic about my views of the world, but I have nothing in common with how you see things. 

All you seem to care about is what is left and what is right, not what is right or what is wrong. 

I never see his rubbish until someone quotes it. 

I have ironjimbo on block. He is one messed up farktard. 

Im with you rog. I’d never want to speak to him in person. 

There are only about 3 people on that list. 

Edited by Peter
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rog said:

I'm not defending Ivanka Rog.  I'm saying that no moral equivalence exists between her activities and Hillary's, as is being suggested by large portions of the press

It's disappointing that you now don't want to talk about ethics and values since you brought it up.  You might have found that we have more in common than you realise

But if you'd rather throw your toys out of the cot like Peter, that's up to you

1 hour ago, Peter said:

1 hour ago, Peter said:

I’d never want to speak to him in person. 

There are only about 3 people on that list. 

And here I thought we were a happy family...

17 minutes ago, Prince said:

I'll quote that for you Prince, so Peter can read it. :)

18 minutes ago, Prince said:

Some people just can't handle it when someone dares to disagree with them

I'm always happy for someone to disagree with me, especially when they're wrong :)

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-21/ivanka-trump-hillary-clinton-emails-what-is-the-difference/10517470

I don't often side with Jim, but:

Hilary was the Secretary for State, happily transacted for a few years business and personal on a server:

We know for certain that she sent message at the Top Secret Level.

How someone at the level would do this is through ineptness is beyond logic, so on Occums Razor principle, its stands to reason she knew what she was doing

Physical destruction of sensitive items isn't unusual.

Using alternate systems to get around restrictive IT practices isn't unusual.

I'd bet dollars to donuts there are many other similar examples that just haven't seen the light of day yet.

It's only the bottom of the food chain where the strict rules apply.

• Like 2

I don't side with one or the other,they are all crooks as far as I'm concerned. But you don't go to the trouble of destroying mobile phones unless you have criminal behaviour to hide.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, more said:

But you don't go to the trouble of destroying mobile phones unless you have criminal behaviour to hide.

Agree, if politicians want to show they are in touch with the common person, they need to be able to show at least one drawer full of old phones and cords that they will in all likelihood never use again in their lifetime.  Failure to do so should be viewed in the same regard as a politician that eats their sausage from the middle, or an onion raw

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, more said:

I don't side with one or the other,they are all crooks as far as I'm concerned. But you don't go to the trouble of destroying mobile phones unless you have criminal behaviour to hide.

Whilst most likely true, I have been told to "destroy" hard-drives from old work desktops when they were past usable life, as they would never be sold & it was easier, quicker and more reliable than running disk-wipe software.

12 hours ago, Prince said:

I can see you. You aren’t a tool despite being in HR. LOL 😂.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Whilst most likely true, I have been told to "destroy" hard-drives from old work desktops when they were past usable life, as they would never be sold & it was easier, quicker and more reliable than running disk-wipe software.

Was the material on the hard drive under subpoena?

28 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Was the material on the hard drive under subpoena?

Did you read my post?

I was commenting on the destroying of mobile phones, which happened well before any subpoena.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Did you read my post?

I was commenting on the destroying of mobile phones, which happened well before any subpoena.

The destroying of hard drives happened after subpoena though, which is where the point of difference is created

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

The destroying of hard drives happened after subpoena though, which is where the point of difference is created

But has nothing to do with my post, so why bother quoting it?

Just now, Ex-Hasbeen said:

But has nothing to do with my post, so why bother quoting it?

If it had nothing to do with your post, it's because your post had nothing to do with the topic

• Haha 1

Trump bagged Obama for going through 3 chief of Staff in 3 years; not to be out done he's done the same in 2.  This has to be up there with him bagging Obama for how much golf he played during his presidency!

So what does it actually mean if Trump shuts the govt down over his wall?  Assuming the Dems don't surrender to his threats (they may I guess).  

1 hour ago, goughy said:

So what does it actually mean if Trump shuts the govt down over his wall?  Assuming the Dems don't surrender to his threats (they may I guess).  

Same as what always happens when the govt gets shut down - a bunch of people don't get paid, but otherwise not much

6 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Same as what always happens when the govt gets shut down

Or "almost" gets shut down for a deficit increase or any other thing.

Usually good for at least a couple of days of jokes about how we don't really need government if everything is going smoothly without them.