mickbillfrank

races this year

interested to read what the people who race on this site are targeing this season

slow start for me with sickness and injury. no run training equals happy health athlete so swim/bike is i for now. run in races only.

i turn 50 this year and am not very ****ing happy about it thanks very much

amended goals to include 2 remaining kurnells, husky, richie walker, wollongong, nowra, club champs, sean maroney aquathon, batemans bay, and port stephens...hopefully!

Well, now that we know who's going to be winning the 50-54 Years Division of the Aus Champs in Wollongong in 6 weeks time I guess I'll be there racing for 2nd or 3rd at best :sleepy:.

Welcome to the 50's Mick, it doesn't get any easier but it's just as much fun!

To answer your question, I'll be doing a lot more Trail Running and Off Road stuff this year. Hopefully I'll do the Crackenback X-Tri at the end of Feb and then the 70.3 Worlds at the end of the year.

Good to see you around the site mbf

Doing the AAA

Ultraman oz

Ultraman Hawaii (depends on Ozzie $$$$$)

If no UM Hawaii then triple Tri solo

Probably 6-10 mtb races

Maybe an off road Tri if I can fit one in at the right time

First time in 13 years that there won't be an ironman

Cheers

Ivp

Edited by ironpo

I have nothing targeted. Nothing planned. Don't care.

Good to see you around the site mbf

Doing the AAA

Ultraman oz

Ultraman Hawaii (depends on Ozzie $$$$$)

If no UM Hawaii then triple Tri solo

Probably 6-10 mtb races

Maybe an off road Tri if I can fit one in at the right time

First time in 13 years that there won't be an ironman

Cheers

Ivp

Ya pussy! No ironmans, what are ya going do for your long distance fix ;)
  • Like 1

Ya pussy! No ironmans, what are ya going do for your long distance fix ;)

These park run things sound popular

Maybe I could try and get through one of them :-)

CheersIvp

• Like 3

Nothing much - as my calendar goes by season (15/16)

Husky Ocean Swim, Sprint and bike for the LC

AAA Sprint

Womens Sprint

Hills race 5 and 6 (Sprint)

I'm not running much either, only in races, and a short trot off the bike so my legs know what to do. I'm volunteering at Club Champs as a Section Manager, I'm just there to drink, this appears to be my strong leg.

Get over this cracked knee cap

Try a few short Tri races

Get back to full running

Already entered Noosa 2016 - in for my 9th one.

Geelong 70.3, Warrnambool Sufferfest, Martha Cove oly, another couple of oly/sprint races in Melbs and a few open water swims. Mount Martha 5km swim tomorrow B-)

Kurnell race 3 7/2

Husky sprint 20/2

Husky 10k fun run 20/2

Husky LC 21/2

Hills race 5 28/2

Wollongong olympic 6/3

Club Champs 2/4

Nowra Olympic 17/4

Gold Coast marathon 3/7

Sydney marathon 18/9

Work out how bad my knee is.

Then

Ultra Trail Australia 100km (previously TNF100 ) in the Blue Mtns.

Thats it.

• Like 1

Peaking for the Corp Tri in March and then following that with 3 Peaks the next weekend.

Rest of the year will probably be bike racing. Just can't justify the cost of triathlon anymore. Also easier to fit cycle training in.

interested to read what the people who race on this site are targeing this season

slow start for me with sickness and injury. no run training equals happy health athlete so swim/bike is i for now. run in races only.

i turn 50 this year and am not very ****ing happy about it thanks very much

amended goals to include 2 remaining kurnells, husky, richie walker, wollongong, nowra, club champs, sean maroney aquathon, batemans bay, and port stephens...hopefully!

Cheer up MBF, I'm hitting 50 in a couple of weeks as well. Hoping the birthday may bump me up a fee places in age group. Nothing you can do about so use it as an an excuse to have a party[emoji1]

I've only got Geelong half and Cairns IM left for this year. Enjoying the training.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

im married...longest endurance event going around :)

I'm M45 this year. No, not AG - married 45 years! And yes - I am an Ironing Man!

Im repeating 2015 for the first 6 months:

Hell of the West

Mt Glorious trail run

Whitehorse criterium (33k trail run)

Some Audax 200s and maybe a 300

Tweed Coast Enduro

Port Mac IM

Warwick Pentathrun

No Tri's on the horizon at the moment, but going to do a few OW swims, and maybe a Parkrun by the end of the year if the knee keeps improving.

Magnetic Island to Townsville seems very attractive at the moment, but not sure on spending that much money on a weekend in Townsville of all places. :)

Edit to add. A few Masters swimming carnivals as well.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

For the first time since I started tris I will be race free this year.

After purchasing my wife's shop late last year, and me changing jobs in a couple weeks, our focus and priorities are elsewhere this year. We will still be devoted to delivering the Hundy in November.

No Tri's on the horizon at the moment, but going to do a few OW swims, and maybe a Parkrun by the end of the year if the knee keeps improving.

Magnetic Island to Townsville seems very attractive at the moment, but not sure on spending that much money on a weekend in Townsville of all places. :)

Nothing wrong with Brownsville!

Can't walk of morning with plantar fash in the r foot.

Will do a leg or two or three in the Sri chinmoy at jyndi,

Corporate Tri at mrs macs chair and can walk the three k run if need be

Have a roll over entry to Nowra but if can't run, won't do.

Entered a charity ride from Sydney to camberra with a few others.

Maybe Geelong 70.3. Was aiming for 70.3 qualify at Sunshine Coast but it's Fathers Day... Got a neg vibe re all going away so that's out.

Club Champs - I'm going to be OS for work.

... Guess I better make a decision or two ...

• Like 1

Maybe Geelong 70.3. Was aiming for 70.3 qualify at Sunshine Coast but it's Fathers Day... Got a neg vibe re all going away so that's out.

... Guess I better make a decision or two ...

Tough call...

Good luck with Geelong if you make it. We seem to have a bit of trouble getting to these 70.3 World Champs don't we! :smile1:. Qualifying shouldn't be a big problem for you if your leg holds up, but you've still got to keep the family happy!

• Like 1

Geelong, Port, Cairns & Sunny Coast halves.

Mooloolaba & Noosa OD's.

Maybe the full in Cairns if I've already qualified for SC beforehand.

After enjoying the Newcastle Harbour Swim this morning, think I might find a few more OW swims. Lots of fun.

Tri's are knee and running dependant, hopefully good for IM's in May and Oct.

I like a few here are doing Husky, Wollongong and Nowra. . I am also got a few days in Port this May so I can watch you guys go around. Will also try to do the Great Nosh in June. That's the last of this season.

FM

• Like 1

Im only just getting my head back above water after my eventful christmas.

Still haven't done much apart from ride the mtb with my son, so I think this season is a write off for me at the moment, but will try and get around to a few races to say g'day and hand out a few more stubby holders.

• Like 2

Kurnell 3&4

Richie Walker Aqua

Husky LC

Wollongong OD

Club Champs

Port IM

Maybe Port Stephens, depending on how I pull up after Port

No IM this year. Busso 70.3. We have entries to Cairns 70.3 but maybe not go as we already have our SunnyCoast 70.3 slots. Sunny Coast 70.3. Maybe Karri Valley tri. Dozen or so time trials. Busso 1.2 marathon/busson jetty swim weekend. No other OWS planned - too many stringers this summer. Maybe some sprint tris before the summer is out.

HBTC Club races + Noosa.

that will do me this year, maybe next season I'll be fit enough (after the rotor cuff tear) to give a couple more events a crack.

Im only just getting my head back above water after my eventful christmas.

Still haven't done much apart from ride the mtb with my son, so I think this season is a write off for me at the moment, but will try and get around to a few races to say g'day and hand out a few more stubby holders.

Surely a Busso IM trip will be on the cards?

No IM this year. Busso 70.3. We have entries to Cairns 70.3 but maybe not go as we already have our SunnyCoast 70.3 slots. Sunny Coast 70.3. Maybe Karri Valley tri. Dozen or so time trials. Busso 1.2 marathon/busson jetty swim weekend. No other OWS planned - too many stringers this summer. Maybe some sprint tris before the summer is out.

True about the stingers!

Went swimming the other week at Whitford beach south to the dog beach and got smashed by Stingers badly. Had 8 big red welts afterwards. Had to play it cool though as my wife and daughter were picking me up from the dog beach after the swim, I didn't want to turn my daughter off the ocean. Went through 2Ltr of white vinegar when I got home! #ouchy

True about the stingers!

Went swimming the other week at Whitford beach south to the dog beach and got smashed by Stingers badly. Had 8 big red welts afterwards. Had to play it cool though as my wife and daughter were picking me up from the dog beach after the swim, I didn't want to turn my daughter off the ocean. Went through 2Ltr of white vinegar when I got home! #ouchy

Ive never seen it so bad. I did a couple of own races earlier in the season. Some of the kids were stopped, screaming for the rescue boats. Not sure if its true but I heard after the City Beach swim some people were hospitalised. I wore a wetsuit there and even that was terrible - one in the mouth. After Busso IM I deduced no more this summer!

Edited by lzbones
  • Like 1

No running due to those damned disc things, so have knocked IMOZ on the head, but I'll be there as a TO - please don't make me card a Tranny :smile1:

Still want to race, so going for a few with absolutely zero run miles in the tank, and will see how I go.

Defo

Husky LC

Club Champs

Desire

Kurnell 3

Kurnell 4

Dreaming

IMWA

No tris as such on the radar for me

However, work is roping me into their cycling team, so will be doing some events with them, have told them I draw the line at Around the Bay in a Day

Looking for some open water swims at present, aim to get a few in before Winter and get more into them next summer, got a few in the sights at the moment

Also looking to get into more trail running as I keep increasing speed, looking at Grampians run but will need to do a run to qualify first, still looking for any good country based runs HM distance if anyone has one to recommend.

True about the stingers!

The latest recommendation to treat stinger welts is to have a really hot shower and then put ice on the welts.

• Like 1