Sign in to follow this  
Tyno

Bridies Hour

Due up next week in Radelaide.

Timing is good, with all the cycling types around for the TDU.

Her performance in the National TT wasn't what I'd expect, though she did note she hasn't been doing much up/down stuff lately.

I suppose her team knows if she performed within expectations though.

She has to beat 46.273 - is she a good chance?

On twitter they posted a shot of some 3d printed bar ends.

I was wondering how these fit inside the tech regs?

I'm looking forward to seeing how Bridie goes.

Likewise I was a little surprised to see her further down in national TT than I'd thought she'd be.

But then she wouldn't have been peaking nor targeting the TT, so perhaps used as a solid hit out at the tail end of her preparation.

I think she has a good shot.

Love a good crack at the hour.

Logic says they should be boring, but they always turn out fascinating.

Trev: she said something very similar to your last para. Training for year had been for steady consistent effort in one gear, one position, off road, etc. She sounded somewhat pleased and definitely focused on a couple of weeks time.

One thing you know is she will give it all

Edited by Steno

Who can explain the clock? What is the wanted number past the km?

Edited by Steno

Sorry that was poorly written.. Any idea what lap time she is looking for? Not what it is..

Edit: now a projection so ignore all that!!!!

(Had a mate come down hard in Adelaide today and was dealing with that and typing and getting it all wrong!)

Edited by Steno

I love this!

Riding a 55 x 14 apparently - same as Jens - amazing!

Edited by Steno

10mins to go and so far & nicely up, but she's slowed her lap times a little now. So hopefully she can keep it together.

Edited by TrevS

Flicking around the TV going mad that nothing was on.

Go on to twitter to see the tweets of praise just after the finish.

Piss weak from me.

Excellent from Bridie.

Great stuff.

Congrats to her and Alex who has no doubt done a lot behind the scenes.

It was a pleasure to be part of it.

I was track side monitoring her second by second power, HR, laps times and CdA and providing a calm head and key updates for her track side coach (I know what it's like up there). I did aero testing work for her and provided technical and other support and assistance (e.g. the guys used the athlete timing info system I designed). We are going out tomorrow evening to celebrate.

That's the 5th successful hour record I've been involved with. Always great to see an athlete do something special.

• Like 8

Congrats Alex and Bridie.

Alex, what was Bridies cadence, power average and HR as a percentage of her Max HR, please? If can divulge such things.

Cheers

Plenty of others involved! I was just a member of a wider team.

I can't divulge such data without Bridie's permission. If that happens, I'll do up a blog post on it.

• Like 2

Plenty of others involved! I was just a member of a wider team.

I can't divulge such data without Bridie's permission. If that happens, I'll do up a blog post on it.

That would be arwsome if we could see such data

We watch this online and what an amazing feat

Congrats to bridie and all involved

Her consistency was just amazing and very very impressive

She also seemed in very good shape afterwards and I loved her speech, having ago at some of her knockers in pure bridie style

Cheers

Ivp

• Like 1

I'm sitting here with Mark Fenner and we have her data file (and permission). Mark is going through the file at the moment and will have a blog out this morning.

Having looked at the file briefly, it is an incredible ride and I can't imagine there's been many HR attempts that have been ridden better.

Having looked at the file briefly, it is an incredible ride and I can't imagine there's been many HR attempts that have been ridden better.

That's was the most incredible thing about watching

Her consistency was incredible, being able to see the time of each lap , I reckon she did 170 of the 186 where in the 19 sec range with only 1 or 2 in the 20s with a handful in the 18s

Such an amazing ride

Cheers

Ivp

I'm sitting here with Mark Fenner and we have her data file (and permission). Mark is going through the file at the moment and will have a blog out this morning.

That Fenner chart looks nothing like Bridie's data.

That Fenner chart looks nothing like Bridie's data.

That chart on twitter is just one of the ways we've looked at it. Full report coming

I scored a ticket to the Legends dinner this evening. Jens and Rohan Dennis talking about the hour record, but no Bridie. Perhaps not invited, but she's the legend i would have liked to hear from. Such a bloody boys club cycling...

• Like 1

Or they locked in the presenters more than 24hours ago..

You may well be right. But they wouldn't have been certain Gerrans would be leading the race when they locked him in to speak then. Nevertheless, he spoke really well and was quite enthralling. I found Paulo Bettini (who was the advertised headline act) much less interesting.

Hopefully Bridie was offered a place to be there, and simply chose not to attend, rather than being snubbed.

Let's be honest Gerrans has a bit more of an audience pull than Bridie and was attending regardless of his race standing. All of the Orica team was including ladies still in Adelaide.

Anna Meares and Nettie have been all over the media all week (as has Jens) so I reckon it has been pretty good representation. Especially when you add on the women's tour.

Women's cycling in Aus is certainly increasing representation more and more which is a great thing.

Edited by Steno
  • Like 3