Sign in to follow this  
Naut

Oakley Prism

Looking at buying a pair of Oakley's with the Prism Road lenses.

Anyone tried them? Are they any good?

Also, where is the best place to buy them. Visiondirect.com.au is leading at the moment, but only because Probikekit.com.au don't have a great reputation.

As I'm always losing, dropping, misplacing sunnies I now just buy the Uvex safety glasses from hardware stores (quality german brand, Aust standards approved, keep wind, bugs and UV out of eyes) - safety at a reasonable price (screw the fashionarty) - no offence intended (have owned lots of Oakleys since the 80's Factory Pilot model but....

Visiondirect are fine to deal with. I've used them a couple of times now, delivery was quick(toll shipping instead of Aus Post) and they are good to deal with if you need to return something.

Yep they are incredible. I've got a pair and will write something up when I get my feet back in the ground.

Although I'm an Oakley fanboy I didn't really expect anything earth shattering from these lenses but they are awesome. It's like you have the contrast if wearing the "yellow" lowlight lenses with the tint of darker lenses.

I'm planning on getting a trail pair as well

• Like 2

As I'm always losing, dropping, misplacing sunnies I now just buy the Uvex safety glasses from hardware stores (quality german brand, Aust standards approved, keep wind, bugs and UV out of eyes) - safety at a reasonable price (screw the fashionarty) - no offence intended (have owned lots of Oakleys since the 80's Factory Pilot model but....

Didn't answer the question did it :sleepy:

Vision Direct are great on every level

Prism Lens are likewise great.

Do it!

Edited by lucky7
  • Like 1

Thanks Roxii and Lucky7. I need some replacement lenses for the ones I got from you Roxii, and was wondering what the Prism Road lenses were like. Just for everyday use and cycling. I'll grab myself some.

Just be aware if you are "tough" on lenses, the Prizm are a bit like the Oakley Iridium lenses in that they can scratch easily.

Yes, I have discovered this is true by repeatedly falling off my bike. I have also discovered that falling on shoulders that have freshly healing collarbones is not a good idea.

The final thing I have discovered is that you can claim scratched lens on your credit card insurance if the scratches occur shortly after purchase.

• Like 1

OK, throw a spanner in the works. The problem with mine is how marked up the are, particularly on the inside. It looks like my sweat has damaged it!

Which doesn't shock me, cause normally I damage watches. Swatch watch bands used to go all scaly, gold turns green and leather bands get eaten through. My sister drains batteries....

So maybe back to the cheapy replacements...... Oh the problems of a tight arse!

OK, throw a spanner in the works. The problem with mine is how marked up the are, particularly on the inside. It looks like my sweat has damaged it!

Which doesn't shock me, cause normally I damage watches. Swatch watch bands used to go all scaly, gold turns green and leather bands get eaten through. My sister drains batteries....

So maybe back to the cheapy replacements...... Oh the problems of a tight arse!

How do you clean them??

If mine get real salty I usually rinse them under warm water, then clean with tissue or toilet paper (clean of course) then when dry clean with the Oakley cloth. If they are real bad replace warm water with windex or similar.

Which ever T-shirt I'm currently wearing :o

The wear on the inside though is very much where my sweat would drop on them when running...... oh that's right... Can't run anymore so should be good!

Just be aware if you are "tough" on lenses, the Prizm are a bit like the Oakley Iridium lenses in that they can scratch easily.

Yes. Put a nasty scratch on mine in Kona. 3 mouths old [emoji22]

Can't notice it when you are wearing them though

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes. Put a nasty scratch on mine in Kona. 3 mouths old [emoji22]

Can't notice it when you are wearing them though

I saw it from the other side of the road when you gave me a shout out.

You're killing me [emoji22] [emoji22] [emoji22]

Lucky you didn't listen to me and kept that mo. It's what made you stand out so I could yell at you! Everyone else looks the same out there!

Lucky you didn't listen to me and kept that mo. It's what made you stand out so I could yell at you! Everyone else looks the same out there!

Yep i dont listen to many people lol

• Like 1