Peter

December 2015 Swim Challenge (1k TT)

Okay people starting today. Swim 1k TT in the pool (25 or 50mtrs) or even open water.

Has to happen in Dec. Post time here.

Can keep attempting and PB'ing during the month. Final tally Jan1.

Huzzah!

16:03 is my entry time (from yesterday 30.11.15 as part of a 1500M swim).

Aim = 14.45 by 31 December

• Like 2

15:45 as a part of a 2km TT this morning

Two aims:

1. Beat Andrew :)
  2. Have the coach at the pool take back the comment she made, that I'm slower now because I'm pushing more area through the water than when I used to swim.
Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
  • Like 3

Watch me eat your wake (literally - I will swallow the water).

Plan is to swim tonight, let's see what I can do, it will be slow. But the job will be done.

Hmmm different league but did 19:25 as an entry time. Would like to do sub 18:45...

you'll be able to make bigger gains than most then, enjoy that part of it

My time will be extremely slow as I do not push over the wall in my tumble turns. I just touch softly then ensure my off hand (eg, right hand, as I am left handed) works hard to get me going. I use a 25 metre pool so I don't want to swim 20 metres per lap, wasting 5 metres with 2 pushes.

Then again, I guess I could do it every few week - just for you :boff:

FM

Did one yesterday in a 50m pool to see if my wetsuit fit around my fat guts as it has been a few years. Forgot how good they were! 14.01 not flat out. Gotta love the wettie factor.

• Like 1

Did one yesterday in a 50m pool to see if my wetsuit fit around my fat guts as it has been a few years. Forgot how good they were! 14.01 not flat out. Gotta love the wettie factor.

Hey that's a thought. It'll help with my first aim, but a tight fitting wetsuit isn't going to make me look any slimmer at all. :(

Prick

Prick

Shoulda seen me trying to get the wettie on and off. I had to enlist the help of some 90 year old bloke. No good when you can see love handles thru 5mm of neoprene. Was intending to do 2kms (hence the "not flat out") but was cooking after 500m as I went at lunch in about 30deg heat.

Swam in the pool today, 19.22 for 1 km. I haven't been in the pool much over the last 6 weeks mainly as I waited for the road rash to finally heal and have no broken skin that might get infected.

If my fitness and rythmn return, I'm expecting to get back to 18.30 by the end of the month.

Shoulda seen me trying to get the wettie on and off. I had to enlist the help of some 90 year old bloke. No good when you can see love handles thru 5mm of neoprene. Was intending to do 2kms (hence the "not flat out") but was cooking after 500m as I went at lunch in about 30deg heat.

Good :lol:

• Like 1

Peter: 29:57

Maybe 23 something.

I'll do my first TT todaty smart arse.

15:45 as a part of a 2km TT this morning

Two aims:

• Beat Andrew :)
  • Have the coach at the pool take back the comment she made, that I'm slower now because I'm pushing more area through the water than when I used to swim.

game on!

I am defintely pushing more area through the water BUT having now repurposed as a whale like shape I'm much more hydrodynamic!

• Like 1

Prick

My thoughts exactly. I might drag my ass to the pool today. I figure somewhere about the 19min mark. Reckon I can knock a couple of mins off that in a month.

I'm in! Need to get back in the water post Malaysia. I will be around 20, but would like to take a bit off. Will do my first TT this week sometime and then set a goal.

16:40

25mtr pool

with pull buoy

speedos

round number for 1:40's??? if you are going to make stuff up at least end it in a digit other than 0 ;)

• Like 1

round number for 1:40's??? if you are going to make stuff up at least end it in a digit other than 0 ;)

i noticed that. That's what I am for whenever I' getting back into swimming - 1:45s for 17:30, then 1:40 for 16:40, followed by 1:36 for 16 even (where I'm at now), followed by a lot of 100M repeats in 1:30 or better until I get down to 15 minutes flat!

i noticed that. That's what I am for whenever I' getting back into swimming - 1:45s for 17:30, then 1:40 for 16:40, followed by 1:36 for 16 even (where I'm at now), followed by a lot of 100M repeats in 1:30 or better until I get down to 15 minutes flat!

Similar here. Then I start doing longer TT's at my set speed till I get to 1km. Last week I did 500m in 7:45, so I was halfway to a 15:30. Should nail that this or next week, then start on the 15min pace. I'm only about 250m at that pace at the moment.

Fark you are a tough crowd. :)

870105089_o.jpg

870105631_o.jpg

• Like 4

Similar here. Then I start doing longer TT's at my set speed till I get to 1km. Last week I did 500m in 7:45, so I was halfway to a 15:30. Should nail that this or next week, then start on the 15min pace. I'm only about 250m at that pace at the moment.

I'm at 100M at that pace lol

Have you ever had a video analysis done by someone like Swim smooth? Chances are that you have some fundamental issues with your stroke.

I have, and I have attended squads too. I get told to keep my head down and I'm like WTF how do I do that? I've been finding it a pain to find someone who wants to work with adults who can swim, but are not squad ready, and does not cost a fortune. Also Paul Newsome is in Perth, which does not help.

I have, and I have attended squads too. I get told to keep my head down and I'm like WTF how do I do that? I've been finding it a pain to find someone who wants to work with adults who can swim, but are not squad ready, and does not cost a fortune. Also Paul Newsome is in Perth, which does not help.

I started squad this year, and I was no where near squad ready !!!! - you never are to be honest. However I just jumped in the slow lane, and the coach was great. Usual pace for 50s in the slow lane was x on 1.10 - hahahahha. He told me to rest for 10, then go. When they lapped me, I'd rest a lap, then head off again. My goal at the beginning was to complete a full session. Took a while, but I did it, and am no longer a distant last in the lane, but number 2 or 3. Maybe next year I will aim to move up a lane but don't want to get ahead of myself :-)

As the ad says, just do it!

• Like 2

I don't feel comfortable at all. It was historically run as a squad for Panthers Tri Club, I am a member of Hills. I will probably become a dual member anyway, as I want access to their open water sessions.

Didn't you do 1500 on the Weekend in 17 something???

Didn't you do 1500 on the Weekend in 17 something???

Tide assisted...

Shut-up pieman!

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

Yeah I've been to see him, wasn't sure if Swim Smooth was in the Eastern states.

Must have been a fn good tide then!!!

I was worried cause there was no tide while we were walking up (only turned an hour before the start), but it picked up just as we started, and was better once we got further out.

Winner did 15 and change. Mine was 17 & very high.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

I'm in. Just emailed coach to schedule me some for the month!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

20:15 in the pool no toys.

My starting time was about a month ago. Good to see progress

Great Work!

I did a 1km TT in a 25m Pool yesterday and was fairly disappointed with an 18:32. But I was feeling a bit tired and fatigued from the past few weeks. I know I can do better than that! :sleepy:.

• Like 1

Great Work!

I did a 1km TT in a 25m Pool yesterday and was fairly disappointed with an 18:32. But I was feeling a bit tired and fatigued from the past few weeks. I know I can do better than that! :sleepy:.

I wonder why that would be? :sleepy:

• Like 2