beginnergirl

USA shootings and gun laws

5 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Does it really matter? Wouldn't it be better not to have to teach gun safety in schools?

Of course it would be.  That goes without saying

But you can't just snap your fingers and make three hundred million guns disappear

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Of course it would be.  That goes without saying

But you can't just snap your fingers and make three hundred million guns disappear

No, but how about you only have 290M next year, rather than 310M.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

No, but how about you only have 290M next year, rather than 310M.

Cool.  So utopia is only 30 years away

Whose guns are you going to take away first?

33 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Or a return to the Wild West, take your pick. 

34 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Piece of piss that one Jimbo.  All the civilians with military-grade guns.  Gun death-rate halved instantly.

1 hour ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Piece of piss that one Jimbo.  All the civilians with military-grade guns.  Gun death-rate halved instantly.

I think you might need to reconsider where you get your stats from

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

That's like saying that you'll only start running when you do a sub 3hr marathon.

What you really need is the decision to get off the sofa in the first place and that starts with one step.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

No

But feel free to pretend that gun owners have no idea how to use guns if you think it supports whatever point you're trying to make

Was he even a gun owner? I haven't seen any report that he was... And from the stats I would suggest the number of accidental deaths from guns in the US indicates that at least a large proportion of them have no idea how to either keep them safe or use them.

You appear to be deploying an interesting technique here, throwing out ad hominem attacks in defence of your fabricated hypothesis and then demanding a high standard of rhetoric and statistics from anybody who suggests you might be wrong. Interesting but everybody has seen through it I believe.

For the record I am not anti-gun per se. I lived in the countryside in the UK and loads of people had shotguns and rifles, nobody ever got shot though because the weapons were limited and strictly controlled.