beginnergirl

USA shootings and gun laws

Yep yoyo and downsey, I'm firmly on that bandwagon. How many times has the nra sprouted the line 'if only they were armed they could have....' yet there is pretty much not a single case of that ever happening. Wannabe superheros who at the first sign of trouble will be peeing their pants and glued to the spot.

We've always seen who the heroes are during these massacres. They're the people shielding others, helping strangers. The guys on the train (was it in Paris), the people on the 4th plane at 9/11.

Edited by goughy

There are some scary stats from the US ....

For some reason I can't post links into Trannies at the moment, so you're just gonna have to believe that I have checked the source of these claims (which I have).

A poll carried out by The Washington Post found that 30% of Americans could not name the date that the 9/11 attacks were carried out.

A Gallup poll found that 18% of Americans thought the sun revolved around the Earth.

50% of Americans would not believe that Judaism was an older religion and Christianity, even after being told that the jewish faith is based on the OLD testament and Christianity on the NEW testament...

Gallup found that 6% of American adults don't know why they celebrate Independence Day and 25% cannot name the country from which they gained independence...

1 in 5 Americans believes that they know a family member or friend that has been abducted by aliens....

Yeah seen a few clips on that.

Many American's could not pinpoint Canada or Sth America on a map.

A few struiggled to name the President and many had no clue who was Vice President.

Yep yoyo and downsey, I'm firmly on that bandwagon. How many times has the nra sprouted the line 'if only they were armed they could have....' get there is pretty much not a single car off that ever happening. Wannabe superheros who at the first sign of trouble will be peeing their pants and glued to the spot.

We've always seen who the heroes are during these massacres. They're the people shielding others, helping strangers. The guys on the train (was it in Paris), the people on the 4th plane at 9/11.

yup...think of the saturation of gun ownership/possession over there.... and all these multiple death shootings, SO many of them, and not a single person at or near any of them armed with a firearm or at least willing to use it if they were....

I'd say more than 90% of us have never been or never will be in a position where we say I wish I had a gun right now.

Proud to be one of the 10%. I once found myself at a Justin Beiber concert. Don't ask...

• Like 2

Proud to be one of the 10%. I once found myself at a Justin Beiber concert. Don't ask...

For me, it's every Saturday at Coles... lucky for them, they don't sell assault rifles, because those idiots who build promotion displays in the middle of the aisles and create total grid-lock in the store, would be at serious risk.

A bit tongue in cheek but,,,

With the argument that if everyone had guns there would be no shootings. Everyone that goes to war has a gun and that doesn't stop anyone being shot.

But i am still waiting for the story about the tooled-up average joe who just happened to be in the Kwik-E-Mart at the right time ...............

I was reading about one of the school shooting not to long ago where one of the guys helping victims during the shootings was armed but would not show himself to be as it would make himself a target for the shooters and also a target for the police.

It would be mass confusion should bystanders start returning fire, nobody would know who's innocent or the guilty and would still end up with a large death toll as the panicky bystander starts shooting out of fear.

You could bet that the police during those shootings might be quick on the trigger if they see somebody running around with a gun.

Any country where the citizens deem the need to carry weapons in order to keep law and order is a clear marker that law and order has broken down,and that the country needs to be placed under martial law.

How is a parent walking down the road with their kids able to assess whether the person carrying a weapon in plain view is "law abiding", or about to unleash their once-controlled psychosis? How is a patron in a cinema who witnesses the armed person walking-in able to assess whether they are there to cause bloody mayhem or are a "law abiding citizen".

The madness is truly prevalent.

And I bet their genitals are comically small.

Is that a gun in your hands? Oh, no. It was just your dick.....

Any country where the citizens deem the need to carry weapons in order to keep law and order is a clear marker that law and order has broken down,and that the country needs to be placed under martial law.

How is a parent walking down the road with their kids able to assess whether the person carrying a weapon in plain view is "law abiding", or about to unleash their once-controlled psychosis? How is a patron in a cinema who witnesses the armed person walking-in able to assess whether they are there to cause bloody mayhem or are a "law abiding citizen".

The madness is truly prevalent.

You are spot on. Think about the police, as well. No wonder so many of the police over there seem a bit trigger happy. Every single person they deal with is potentially armed. How do you differentiate the "good guys" from the "bad guys".

It just beggars belief.

• Like 1

How do you differentiate the "good guys" from the "bad guys".

In an ideal world, you default to "good guy" until proven wrong.

They seem to default to "bad guy" and nothing can change that.

Trouble is, actual world is less than ideal.

Imagine the carnage the first time a Muslim looking dude decides to 'open carry'.

Obama is attempting one last push to see if he can change gun ownership laws without the need to get the bill approved by congress. He seems to be committed to attempting to facilitate change and his reign is almost over so maybe he wants this to be his legacy.

I don't hold much hope for him though........

i just heard that Texas has recently changed their laws to let its citizens carry handguns in public.

WTF?

the whole constitution law regarding arms was to let all citizens the right to bear arms in case the government turns against them. That i believe was the intent.

Also, have you ever been on a forum or a place to comment about guns in the USA? I got shredded when i mentioned how Aussies have strict gun laws.

I got shredded when i mentioned how Aussies have strict gun laws.

We are oppressed and don't realise how much we need guns to make us safer.

Yeah, they just don't understand how we can get by with no guns just as much as we don't understand them.

What do we need guns for? Most Australians have cars, and cyclists are much easier to hit with a bumper than a bullet.

i just heard that Texas has recently changed their laws to let its citizens carry handguns in public.

WTF?

the whole constitution law regarding arms was to let all citizens the right to bear arms in case the government turns against them. That i believe was the intent.

Also, have you ever been on a forum or a place to comment about guns in the USA? I got shredded when i mentioned how Aussies have strict gun laws.

Went into a shooting range in Texas to fire a few rounds [emoji23]... As soon as the range owner heard our Aussie accents he spent the next ten minutes lecturing us on "... And your country"..... I think he thought we personally made the gun laws in Australia!

The 80 yo gran in the lane next to us was impressive with her handgun.. Fired off a box of ammo and left [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure that's actually the case.

I believe that it reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

The 'intent' of the clause (A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state) is something that Americans seem to have been arguing about ever since it was written.

Some argue that this was intended to ensure the govt did not turn against its own people i.e. the 'defence of freedom' argument.

Others argue that it was incorporated from pre-existing State Constitutions (post Declaration of Independence) and was intended to be specific to military service and the need (at the time) to maintain a militia (as used in the war of independence) as the thinking at the time was that standing armies were undesirable. i.e. the 'defence of the state' argument.

Still others argue it was intended to allow all citizens the right to legitimately defend themselves. i.e. the 'personal defence' argument.

However, as outsiders to it all, I suspect that we will always struggle to understand the intent, when even Americans can't agree on it.

The Second Amendment was adopted in 1791 - 225 years ago!

In 1791, "arms" covered a whole plethora of weapons, from swords, muskets, rifles, cannon and even longbows.

In 1791 it took a crack regiment 10 to 15 seconds to load and fire a musket - note, a crack regiment of highly trained soldiers. A rifle took longer than a musket to load, was more accurate, with a range of approximately 250m.

In 1791 leeching was a recognised as a medical procedure, along with the blistering of the skin though the application of hot pokers to burn out illnesses.

In 2016 a handgun can fire 2000m, and an untrained first-timer can fire 3 rounds per second.

In 2016 medical procedures...

• Like 1

I always thought the right to bear arms was about having a ready to go militia in the need to fight the British. I just tell yankies that I don't think the British are coming now.

You should have heard the twit on The Project last night. His opinion was that these mass shootings only happen in states where they have tighter gun control laws - so gun control laws aren't the answer.

I liked one thing Peter Hellier brought up. This dude said you can't go messing with the 2nd amendment - you just can't touch it (refering to what Obama is trying to do at the moment). Pete said - 'well, hang on! Isn't it an amendment in the first place, so why can't you amend an amendment......'

i think if the masses of people have the balls to protest on social media and protest in 3 -4 days or more sit ins gun laws can be changed, alas i don't think the actual will is there as yet. , make no mistake people power wins. people power can bring down governments, but is sent it is more than the so called gun lobby and people are hiding behind this, it is just a but of media grabs at the moment with no real organisation.

the real fact is they just don't deep down even now think there is a problem (the masses i mean). and its not just the NRA.

but also make no mistake people power can change it. it just takes one person to organise an fight and don't leave outside congress until the y change the legislation or the twits resign.

on a similar subject, how would you feel if your kids go out in texas right now where citizens can legally carry a handgun yep i public. Imagine if that was in your city, i.e.. sydney,brisbane etc.

Edited by Prince

Oh man. It just gets worse.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=5821333;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;

Excuse my language in that thread. I just couldn't believe what I was reading.

I was reading somewhere (just got off plane, drunk a few beers, not going to look-up references, apologies), that a discussion with those wanting to carry guns summarised their thinking as them wanting to "play the hero" and being able to "save the innocents". Following your references to ST on this subject from other Tranny threads downesy, I've been reading them through.

My summary, based on reading the article and the ST threads that the whole "be a hero" concept is just about right. They see themselves as needing the "right" to carry a gun, as their "right" to be able to save women and children, ready to defend those who can't defend themselves.

Those who have been trained to handle weapons, as they may need to discharge those weapons in a firefight, always wonder how they'll react when that need arises; whether their training will come to the fore and whether they'll act as required by the situation. They never find out until they're in a firefight. These "wannabes" assume that because they have a weapon on their hip, they'll always be ready "when it goes down".

Popping off rounds on a range is not appropriate training; being able to throw-down "gun speak" does not mean one is trained; carrying a gun does not mean one is able to react in an appropriate manner. Reacting in an inappropriate manner will result in one pissing their pants, possibly shooting innocents, and definitely screwing-up the ability of those uniform-wearing, brave, trained, experienced, qualified personnel who are reacting appropriately.

The person you reference in your post downesy is exactly the type of person I would not want to carry a gun - plain scary!

• Like 1

Im still waiting to hear the news reports about a massacre averted by Johnny Punter just happening to be in the right place at the right time with a heavily modified AR15 with 400 rounds of ammo in the trunk plus a loaded Sig and 3 spare clips on his belt.

• Like 3

Im still waiting to hear the news reports about a massacre averted by Johnny Punter just happening to be in the right place at the right time with a heavily modified AR15 with 400 rounds of ammo in the trunk plus a loaded Sig and 3 spare clips on his belt.

National Security, let's just say it involved area 51, some armed ewoks, Chuck Norris already rendered unconscious and Bill Clinton about to blow the top off of a silo if the situation escalated any further.

Just be thankful you are here today to be asking that question which you shouldn't be asking.

Now look into this:

neuralizer_large.jpg

An American friend liked an FB ad for suppressors. WTF could you possibly need a suppressor for? Preemptive self-defense?

I can see a number of reasons...

- You believe that your dick is extremely large and owning this will make people believe it too.

- You believe that you are James-Bond-in-real-life, owning this will make people believe it too.

- You plan to kill someone.

• Like 1

WTF could you possibly need a suppressor for?

Suppressors are nothing like what you see in hollywood movies etc.

They reduce the noise from ear-shattering to very loud, allowing limited use without ear-defenders.

Unless you use them with sub-sonic ammunition like low velocity .22 target rounds in which case they're barely audible

• Like 1

Interesting side-bar... Bruce Willis is supposedly partially deaf in his left ear (about 2/3 hearing loss) as a result of the scene in the original Die Hard film, where he fires a series of shots up from under a table. Apparently they used full charge blanks, but neglected to issue ear-plugs. The confined space and reflected sound, resulted in damaging levels.

Someone at work pointed me to Jim Jefferies skit on US gun control yesterday. I watched it last night on YT. I can't link YT at work but look it up, it's pretty funny.

I'd never head of Jim Jefferies before.

What will happen? Less people will get shot? Sounds like a downer to me!

What will happen? Less people will get shot? Sounds like a downer to me!

That means more yanks in this world. You're right. Big downer.