beginnergirl

USA shootings and gun laws

Maybe they will just call in the PR people and fix the problem by giving mass shootings a better name.

Sudden Isolated random population control ???

• Like 2

994 mass shootings in 1004 days, ie where 4 or more are shot in the one instance.

America, be very proud. If it wasn't so sad everyone would be laughing at you.

Maybe they will just call in the PR people and fix the problem by giving mass shootings a better name.

Sudden Isolated random population control ???

There is a meme I saw just recently on FaceAche for the PR spinners...

Let's stop calling it gun control and call it Mass Murder Prevention.

the nra will just do their usual spin, that people kill people, blah blah.... time Mike Moore did another doco.

... And with military style weapons, clearly not the average Amercian that has a handgun for home protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... And with military style weapons, clearly not the average Amercian that has a handgun for home protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The "thousands of rounds of ammunition" at their home may be standard in the US, but clearly the 12 pipe bombs found have to make authorities assume this was more than just another random shooting.

We can't comprehend how they can live with so many guns, they can't comprehend how we can live without guns. That part of their culture is so foreign to us despite many similarities elsewhere.

Some interesting charts in this list, that they have over 40% of the world's privately owned firearms with less than 5% of the population probably comes as no surprise. The effect of gun accessibility on suicide rates rarely get mentioned.

http://www.vox.com/2015/8/24/9183525/gun-violence-statistics

I agree, but if I was in the USA, I think I'd want to be tooled up. They've got themselves in a bit of a trap, 99% of criminals are running around with guns and not just small arms but AK47s, uzis etc etc and so normal upstanding citizens understandably want weapons to defend themselves. They've got to somehow disarm the crims. I know in states like Florida they have pretty strict gun laws e.g minimum 10 years for someone that commits a crime whilst carrying a gun. Step in the right direction, but obviously not enough. They need to target teenagers. There is no way you should have teenagers running around with guns.

How many of those shootings were done by "criminals" though?

Most were done by crazies. Criminals are armed robbers etc. They use guns to further their criminal enterprises.

In Australia criminals can and do get guns. It's just a lot harder for the mentally ill or pissed off ex employees to get hold of them.

In short. Our gun laws are good. US gun laws are bad. They are also the reason so many people get shot by cops. What cop wouldn't have their gun out ready to go at the slightest twitch?

i believe that if the masses truly want change, i.e.. the constitution changed, they can do it. Around the world the masses have even rolled governments, so if they truly want it they could change it, buy back schemes, the lot, but it would take a non-polly or better still, a celebrity, to start a movement on social media to gain the support. occupy outside congress until the laws are changed. I simplify it, but it really is that simple.

Americans are nutty about guns they can't seem to work out they are getting what they want by not rejecting the looney politicians who oppose Obama gun reform.

Having said that they oppose health care too and people on this forum think that Obama is the nut

i believe that if the masses truly want change, i.e.. the constitution changed, they can do it. Around the world the masses have even rolled governments, so if they truly want it they could change it, buy back schemes, the lot, but it would take a non-polly or better still, a celebrity, to start a movement on social media to gain the support. occupy outside congress until the laws are changed. I simplify it, but it really is that simple.

Oh the masses would force change, if gun laws came into affect! I've heard them say they need them in case the govt does something they don't like, like bringing in gun reforms. Any pres that truly tries will be shot, of that I have no doubt.

Edited by goughy

"Heston died on the morning of April 5, 2008, at his home... media outlets reported his death was due to complications with pneumonia"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlton_Heston

oops, sorry Charlie, thought he had been very quiet lately.:

In 2000, he raised a rifle over his head and declared that a potential Al Gore administration would take away his Second Amendment rights "from my cold, dead hands".

then when asked by Michael Moore as to why there is so much gun violence in the US, he said:

'because we have probably more mixed ethnicity".

well done Chuck..RIP.

Edited by Prince

I really hope I'm mis-interpreting the first part of that statement.

A lot of blacks and plenty of crazy whites in a 250 M population, and you know there are going to be problems,

Re black Americans who have guns? What did you find wrong with my post?

Edited by Kamal2

A lot of blacks and plenty of crazy whites in a 250 M population, and you know there are going to be problems,

who else is there? green people? you probably should have just said a lot of crazy people. hey in a country where i think Trump may just get up, god help them.

I don't know what made me click this thread but I have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. A system that fires bullets? Just makes noise? What the hell is 'trust' and 'signs' ?

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Lavender_Room_F4/It_is_finally_time_to_buy_a_suppresor__P5732688/

Yeah, saw that on FB. They're just nuts. Stupid is as stupid does. You wonder how there's any of them left over there.

I'd like to believe the semi-nonsensical arguments of right to bear arms for protections from others expressing their right to bear assault weapons, etc etc

But i am still waiting for the story about the tooled-up average joe who just happened to be in the Kwik-E-Mart at the right time a-la Steven Seagal, when some AK touting wannabees come steaming in to rob the joint and Joe moves right through them like a SEAL at training camp on the Abbatobad staging set.

Haven't heard about it....

"Masked gunmen foiled by 19yr old frat boy and his Glock17..." "...i had an extra clip on me coz i'm prone to miss..."

Nope...musta missed those stories...

"The heavily armed bandits launched an assault on the theatre, not knowing that homeboy Ravi at the popcorn machine was strapped with his Tek-10 and fresh off a 36 hour expert level bender on call of duty..."

• Like 1

My thoughts too Yoyo.

I always have a chuckle at the Rambos on Slowtwitch talking about all the tactical training they've done with their various weapons and going through all the possible scenarios of an in home invasion. Is it better to use a suppressor or not? Options when there's 6 or more bad guys. Lights on or off?

Far out. Unless these guys are politicians or drug lords they have a very inflated view of their own importance. I mean, they spend hours and hours training and thousands of dollars preparing for something that's never going to happen. They have no concept of how we live over here. I'd say more than 90% of us have never been or never will be in a position where we say I wish I had a gun right now.