beginnergirl

USA shootings and gun laws

When I was in the US I went to a shooting range outside of San Antonio to fire a few rounds 😂

Handed over my Aus drivers licence and the guy behind the counter started with the whole “you and your country and it’s gun laws”...

I picked out a glock and headed off to shoot it. I really didn’t enjoy it at all. Half way through a granny came in.. she would have easily been in her late 70s, got her gun out of its case, fired a box of ammo, packed up and left 😳 

I couldn’t believe the range of guns you could buy there. Was also suprised at the amount of police in there. The guy behind the counter told me the police go there to review all of the new guns on the market, study the ammo and also they do their firing practice. 

Was definitely an experience. 

75A6DD6F-CB3E-4E31-81FC-F7E0C3255D70.jpeg

DBE250E1-7D6D-4B6A-841E-C9ECF8228025.jpeg

AC957C9B-FC0C-4396-AF1C-BAC33E9B0B20.jpeg

8CD40775-5084-4467-A7CA-936E83A957E6.png

Edited by beginnergirl

Have you had much experience with firearms BG ? or did they allow you to waltz in and start bombing away.

5 hours ago, Merv said:

Have you had much experience with firearms BG ? or did they allow you to waltz in and start bombing away.

Waltzed in... handed over my licence and chose a gun :-)  never ever fired a gun before. 

I only fired 3-4 shots and didn’t do anymore. I really didn’t like it.

Kind of freaked me out that I was in a room with random people who were prob like me with no prior experience, plenty of ammo and semi automatic weapons.

Business are removing themselves fast from having anything to do with the NRA. 

United airlines stopped offering discounts. 

Other listed here. A lot. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/24/business/nra-companies-boycott.html

and here 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/23/business/nra-boycott.html

and they are calling for kids to not do spring break in Florida until they ban guns.

My wife was saying early that one of the girls from the school who is one of the most active protesters, her Twitter account now has more followers than the NRA.

what a hero the Donald is. He said he would have run into the building to stop the shooting without a weapon. After he has finished his stint as president, he will most certainly be snapped up by every law enforcement agency in the US. Just think of how many mass shootings he could stop. 

He also said most people wouldn't hesitate to enter the school to stop the shootings. Any takers on here?   

1 hour ago, Prince said:

He also said most people wouldn't hesitate to enter the school to stop the shootings. Any takers on here?

If one of my kids was in there, yes. If not, I'd ring 000.

edit: Actually, I probably wouldn't go in to stop it. I'd go in to try to get them out/hidden. And I'd probably do the same for other kids (probably),

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

3 hours ago, Prince said:

what a hero the Donald is. He said he would have run into the building to stop the shooting without a weapon. After he has finished his stint as president, he will most certainly be snapped up by every law enforcement agency in the US. Just think of how many mass shootings he could stop. 

I thought there were armed officers outside but even they didn't go in.

The was one, I think they said days later!

2 hours ago, A2K said:

I thought there were armed officers outside but even they didn't go in.

yes, there was one, he thought the shooting was coming from outside. He has since resigned. 

I feel sorry for him, as i doubt you would really know exactly what was going on until you hear a number of shots. By then it might be all over.  I doubt it is even protocol for a police unit, with 2 to go in without backup. 

6 hours ago, Prince said:

If that's the case he wouldn't need the secret service to protect him. 

• Like 2

Looks like we are again entering that phase of the argument where everyone blames everything but guns, then it will get too hard, all go quiet again till the next shooting where the circle starts again. 

www.theshovel.com.au/2018/02/25/us-lifeguards-to-carry-sharks/

shark.jpg

Edited by Peter
  • Like 1

On 2/25/2018 at 9:15 PM, goughy said:

My wife was saying early that one of the girls from the school who is one of the most active protesters, her Twitter account now has more followers than the NRA.

The longer this goes on, the more momentum seems to be gathering from the teenagers leading the call for something to be done.  I'm actually starting to think we will see some significant change in the next year.  Not getting news coverage here, but schools from different states have taken action - one Florida school went on a march over 15 miles to the school where the shooting was, another school took time out to march to the Governers mansion to speak to the Governor on why change is needed.  Meanwhile Fed Ex is refusing to cut ties with the NRA and is being boycotted by lots of people saying no more business for them until they denounce the NRA

In my opinion what they need to do is get an online petition with millions, yes, millions of signatures to say that when they are old enough they will all enrol to vote and turn out to vite and vote the republicans out and continue.to do so till their is change. 

1 minute ago, roxii said:

In my opinion what they need to do is get an online petition with millions, yes, millions of signatures to say that when they are old enough they will all enrol to vote and turn out to vite and vote the republicans out and continue.to do so till their is change. 

The thing is, the democrats haven't said they will ban guns. 

So who do these kids vote for. 

I think it's joe Kennedy the third (JFK grandson) is the next big thing for the democrats. 

No idea where he stands. 

the kids will have to wait till they themselves are the ones actually getting into positions of power.  their voices are fantastic, and i love what their message is, but nothing will change yet.  it'll be talking till they hope people just stop listening again.  i hope they don't stop for years still.

Just have to see if they float away into apathy like usual...

• Thanks 1