beginnergirl

USA shootings and gun laws

Waking up everyday in the US for past 5 weeks, there seemed to be a shooting everyday..

For the first 274 days of this year, 294 people were either killed or injured by mass shootings (4 + people including shooter).

Makes me feel grateful that Australia has strict laws around guns!

http://shootingtracker.com/wiki/Mass_Shootings_in_2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waking up everyday in the US for past 5 weeks, there seemed to be a shooting everyday..

For the first 274 days of this year, 294 people were either killed or injured by mass shootings (4 + people including shooter).

Makes me feel grateful that Australia has strict laws around guns!

http://shootingtracker.com/wiki/Mass_Shootings_in_2015

I agree, but if I was in the USA, I think I'd want to be tooled up. They've got themselves in a bit of a trap, 99% of criminals are running around with guns and not just small arms but AK47s, uzis etc etc and so normal upstanding citizens understandably want weapons to defend themselves. They've got to somehow disarm the crims. I know in states like Florida they have pretty strict gun laws e.g minimum 10 years for someone that commits a crime whilst carrying a gun. Step in the right direction, but obviously not enough. They need to target teenagers. There is no way you should have teenagers running around with guns.

USA for 5 weeks, I'm jealous

I saw 3 x NBA, 2 x NFL, 2 x NHL, 2 x NASCAR (including the final of the Chase)... I have the patience of a saint! Surely I have banked brownie points for tolerating that much sport [emoji4]

I went to a shooting range in Texas and fired a few semi auto handguns.. You would have thought I personally had made the Aus gun laws.. The shooting range owner was extremely vocal about his opinion on our gun laws and how anti changing the US laws he was ..

I agree, but if I was in the USA, I think I'd want to be tooled up. They've got themselves in a bit of a trap, 99% of criminals are running around with guns and not just small arms but AK47s, uzis etc etc and so normal upstanding citizens understandably want weapons to defend themselves. They've got to somehow disarm the crims. I know in states like Florida they have pretty strict gun laws e.g minimum 10 years for someone that commits a crime whilst carrying a gun. Step in the right direction, but obviously not enough. They need to target teenagers. There is no way you should have teenagers running around with guns.

It amazes me how many on these happen in schools.. Not sure if it's bullying, racism, ability to fit in. Sad that teenagers see shooting their peers or teachers is an acceptable solution to their problems.

maybe it's immaturity and not having the years behind you to be able to handle some things, and to make the better decisions.

That in itself exacerbates the problem. Not because you, yourself would go out and shoot someone.

The more people with guns, the more incidences. A lot of blacks and plenty of crazy whites in a 250 M population, and you know there are going to be problems,

America.

Where shooting medical staff at Planned Parenthood is about 'saving the children'.

Also the place where approx. 2000 children are killed by firearms each year.....

It would appear that 'pro-lifers' would save a whole lot of kids from terrible deaths by lobbying for gun control, and not using guns to kill people....

A lot of blacks and plenty of crazy whites in a 250 M population, and you know there are going to be problems,

I really hope I'm mis-interpreting the first part of that statement.

I really hope I'm mis-interpreting the first part of that statement.

Yeah....mental health is a serious issue.

For an insight into their thinking check out this thread.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=5784287;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;

I must say MJuric absolutely nails what I've been saying for years. The whole "personal protection" justification is a load of crap. Most of the gun owners own them because they like them and want them.

• Like 1

For an insight into their thinking check out this thread.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=5784287;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;

I must say MJuric absolutely nails what I've been saying for years. The whole "personal protection" justification is a load of crap. Most of the gun owners own them because they like them and want them.

And have small penises.

• Like 1

Yep, saying this morning that there may have been up to three shooters covered in body armour.

Edit - first reports say 12 dead, 8 wounded.

I'm kinda getting tired of talking about this, cause nothing is being done about it, and nothing is gonna be done about it.

Edited by goughy

Wonder how the NRA will spin this one.

Will they say now that people with intellectual disabilities need to be armed as well???

• Like 2

They were just saying on Sunrise that this past black friday sales set a record for gun purchases in the US. I think it was over 125000 background checks from purchases on that day!

One nutjob, I could "understand"

But three people, getting together, prepapring and organising to shoot up a facility for the disabled is beyond comprehension

Obama said even if someone is on the 'no fly list' they are still allowed to get a gun.

right to bear arms....i bet George Washington would now have something to say about this now.

For those into Twittering check out the timeline of @igorvolsky.

As each politician send their thoughts and prayers to the San Bernadino victims he's responding with a comment on how much in $$ donations and support they received from the NRA.

Less praying more doing.

Yep, saying this morning that there may have been up to three shooters covered in body armour.

Edit - first reports say 12 dead, 8 wounded.

I'm kinda getting tired of talking about this, cause nothing is being done about it, and nothing is gonna be done about it.

I'm not even sure what can be done about it. Stricter gun laws will help with incidents like the Columbine high school shooting, kids won't have as much access to guns, but I can't see how they can stop criminals getting their hands on high powered weapons.

They're past the point of oversatuation there. Obama is the pres I truly believe wants to do something significant yet can and will do nothing.